Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
I already have a nautique but was looking at getting another Seadoo. I have a 95 Seadoo GTX that doesnt run anymore, and i have ridden the Wake 155 models that some friends have. I was looking for some advice on a comparison between Wake 155 and Wake 215. Dealers have some good prices on them now and my choices are a 08 155 for $8k, or a 08 215 for $10k. These prices do not include tax, title, license, trailer, cover, etc, just the ski. Is it worth $2k to go to a 215, and is there a difference between 08 and 09 models. I checked the seadoo website and i didnt see anything new mentioned for 09. Thanks for any info...
Old     (robert)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-22-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
I also have a nautique also a 2004 seadoo wakeboard edition and traded for a 2009 215 model wakeboard edition, the extra power and top speed is like day and night. I was happy when I had the 2004 model 150 but when I got new and up graded model 215 I was glad I paid the difference
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
215 all the way for 2 grand its worth it...its well worth it! We have an o8 and the models are almost all the same dating back to 2005. Cosmetic and other minor dif. in the extended family we have an o5 o6 also....they all go like stink!

Its the only way to go to make sure your not wanting more once you have settled for a 155/

Having said that i would get a 155 if it is for the wife only, as she doesnt use all the power available from the rxt.....but the guys thats a different story.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Looking at the feature comparison it looks like the 215 has some additional features:

- High-performance Variable Trim System (VTS)
The high-performance VTS allows you to adjust the attitude of the watercraft based on rider weight, riding style and water conditions – giving you better control and customized riding characteristics. The high-performance version includes 2 preset options.

- Ski Mode
This advanced iControl feature allows the driver to adjust the intensity of the launch for different rider skill levels and tow sports while maintaining a constant speed. You get highly repeatable runs for the best possible tow sports experience

- Multi-function Digital Information Center
27-function digital information center with easy-to-read gauges for info at a glance, including fuel level, tachometer, speedometer, hour meter, compass, water temperature, time, fuel consumption meter, touring/sport mode, cruise control, Ski Mode, slow speed mode, VTS, VTS preset, F-N-R indicator, low fuel level, low oil level, low oil pressure, low voltage, overheat, hi-voltage, check engine, sensor check, key (battery protection), key (wrong key), L-key, maintenance info, error codes.

- iControl
Introducing iControl, the world's most advanced watercraft technology. Featuring a slew of firsts for PWC: an Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR), the first on-water braking system; Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC), with neutral, slow-speed mode, cruise control and Ski Mode (on WAKE Pro); and the S3 Hull, the first stepped hull design for a PWC. All of which add up to a safer, more responsive ride that will make other PWC obsolete. The world's most advanced watercraft is no longer a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact.

- Multi-function Digital Information Center
27-function digital information center with easy-to-read gauges for info at a glance, including fuel level, tachometer, speedometer, hour meter, compass, water temperature, time, fuel consumption meter, touring/sport mode, cruise control, Ski Mode, slow speed mode, VTS, VTS preset, F-N-R indicator, low fuel level, low oil level, low oil pressure, low voltage, overheat, hi-voltage, check engine, sensor check, key (battery protection), key (wrong key), L-key, maintenance info, error codes.

- Tilt Steering
Adjusts the steering and information center angle for maximum ease and comfort.

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/watercraft/sport/wakepro/features.htm

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/watercraft/sport/wake/features.htm
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
After a bit more research I found the features i listed above are for a 2010. It looks like the 07-09 are similar, and 2010 has some new features such as the braking, tilt steering, and ski mode. VTS is on all years of the 215s.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-22-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm not a 100% sure if all 2008 supercharged machines utilized the newest execution for the supercharger... But even if it does have the improved supercharger they do require a rebuild @ 100 hours. something to think about. The 155 is a much more reliable maintinance free set up, simply cause it doesnt have the supercharger. supercharger issues are common.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Jon,

I had a 2006 Wake 155hp edition. I has plenty of power and does a great job. I sold it this spring. It hard to have a boat in the water and the jet ski and keep up with both. If I had to do it over I would buy another 155hp.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2009, 1:55 AM Reply   
As far as I know as of 2009 the Wake 155 is on the GTI hull and the 215 is on the GTX hull.
The hulls are very different, most people prefer the GTX hull. The GTI is a bit more nimble and tossable but pulling wakeska8ers is much nicer with the GTX and the ride is smoother and drier overall.
The GTX hull was further updated and improved as of 2010.
You don't *need* a Wake edition to pull a skate or ski, save some $$ and go with a regular 3 seater which opens up other brands.
No one I know with a wake edition 'doo has left the grey ballast boxes on the back and the pylon and board rack can be added to the "regular" GTI/GTX if really feel like you need them. YMMV.