Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2021, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have had 4 people I know die of covid. 3 were perfectly healthy and suffocated alone in the hospital. Sure they had a low chance of dying but they still did. I bet they all wish they had the opportunity to get a vaccine. Your chances are low but why would you not protect against that small percentage.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2021, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
You keep talking about dying. Yes, we all know it's a small %. What about long COVID? The FACT is that most people hospitalized for COVID are unvaccineated. The adverse effects from the vaccine are minimal. Getting COVID is far worse. Why in the hell wouldn't you protect yourself with the vaccine? Unvaccinated people are keeping COVID going.
Well you were all fine and dandy tik your last line. It’s already been proven the delta is carried and transmitted by those with the vaccine. Hence the new mask mandates.

Non Vaxxed people are not the reason it keeps spreading. Read the science. There are a lot of reasons people don’t want to get the vaccine. Their reason isn’t my business. Just like people who choose to ride motorcycles without helmets. It’s a personal choice.

Your blame of the unvaccinated as the reason for covid to continue is a complete lie, it’s a nice attempt to instill fear , but far from the reality.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-09-2021, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Well you were all fine and dandy tik your last line. It’s already been proven the delta is carried and transmitted by those with the vaccine. Hence the new mask mandates.

Non Vaxxed people are not the reason it keeps spreading. Read the science. There are a lot of reasons people don’t want to get the vaccine. Their reason isn’t my business. Just like people who choose to ride motorcycles without helmets. It’s a personal choice.

Your blame of the unvaccinated as the reason for covid to continue is a complete lie, it’s a nice attempt to instill fear , but far from the reality.
Another Award winning post from our resident Darwin Participant.
The current pandemic is caused by the unvaccinated. They are 99% of hospitalizations and 99% of those dying.
What are those reasons you cite why people wont get vaccinated? If your healthy, of course. ??? THE 5G in vaccines? or Carlson, Maria Baritomo and the FOX crew? Religious Right?
If 99% of hospitalizations and deaths are UN vaccinated, how are they not the driving force?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2021, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:

Not according to every ER doctor in the country.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2021, 5:16 PM Reply   
Ha ha, just saw a classic numpty hot take on twitter, they were going to cancel their health insurance because the insurer was going to increase the rates for the non-vaccinated. Ha ha, classic, wonder how that will work out for them. Rightwingers love business rights, "the market" and capitalism until they are on the receiving end of it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2021, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:

Oh so true, like when people died in car cashes while wearing there seatbelts. Therefore seat belts are a scam, never wear one again!
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-09-2021, 6:37 PM Reply   
"Your blame of the unvaccinated as the reason for covid to continue is a complete lie, it’s a nice attempt to instill fear , but far from the reality."

This is the ignorant dumb**** statement of the day. You seriously don't know what the hell you're talking about. Be this dumb**** p.o.s.:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-r...134950826.html

You can't deny that over 90% of the people hospitalized today for COVID are unvaccinated. There's no denying it. The unvaccinated people ARE the ones keeping COVID going. It's a fact, and you won't be able to post any reliable sources to the contrary. Stop being stupid.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2021, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
We’re certainly in the “birth pains” phase of it. There are so many boxes checked already. I never believed I would see any of it in my lifetime.

Saw this and thought of you, Delta. One more box to check.

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 8:11 AM Reply   
More actual science not rhetoric.

To mask or not to mask?

Studies have shown that wearing a mask in public reduces transmission of the disease. In June, Axios-Ipsos looked back at self-reported polling data from 2020 (during the height of the pandemic) and found, “Just 11% of people who reported always wearing masks outside the home tested positive for COVID — compared to 23% of those who said they never wore masks.”

Minuscule effect 10% advantage if that. Factor in marching of error negligible. So yes in the land of science even a 1% reduction would lead a scientist to conclude they work according to research , but their effectiveness has proven to be minuscule.

. If we were to follow the CDC’s guidance, and do nothing else, Americans would need to wear masks permanently. That’s because masks won’t end this pandemic. Only herd immunity will.

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2021, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Not really a MD fan. Appreciate the sarcasm though.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2021, 8:27 AM Reply   
Here’s a good example of what gives me pause when considering taking the mark. Feel free to shoot holes in it.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/U5QloPj3tLFt/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
With pumped hydro and batteries. You have already disqualified yourself from intelligent energy talk after not understanding the difference between kW and kWhr. I'm a big supporter of new nuclear also BTW, so wrong again.
You again don't understand how big America is and that 1/3 of the country is high desert. The other parts are low level river basins.

I don't believe I disqualified myself from anything. You system does not continuously put out 30Kwhr. It peaks at that at best. It nominally runs lower. You don't have a way to store your energy. I don't think you understand how big of a battery a country would need to support the grid plus the additional billions of barrels of fuel usage that would then need to support he grid. If everyone has a electric car and you wait to charge at night, it may as well be the same as our current daytime usage.

You may be for nuclear, but American democrats are not.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
None of this relates to sn95's original point. The eviction ban and govt subsidies aren't his solution. He was saying that it's smarter as a landlord to take advantage of the program than to try and fight the eviction ban in court. He was replying to a post that was essentially saying something stupid. If the govt is going to take away your property rights under the guise of emergency measures then it makes sense that you should be compensated. Whether the govt should be doing this is secondary to the conversion and is not being addressed directly. I don't really see Republicans fighting the eviction ban as much as they fight mask wearing. Not even remotely close.
I thought the original point was Biden with the stroke of a pen went against a Supreme Court ruling and mandated the forfeiture of your private property rights. He did so knowing it is illegal and did it anyway. His cronies in congress simply had the response of "who is going to stop you?". That should scare the hell out of anyone.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Here’s a much better view. Not a single mask in sight at the dems shindig. There’s those guidelines they’re forcing on full display.

Attachment 46428
Don't worry. Apparently they are "sophisticated" so they can not wear them while making the "unsophisticated" wear them.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Here’s a good example of what gives me pause when considering taking the mark. Feel free to shoot holes in it.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/U5QloPj3tLFt/
I have a great idea. When the unvaccinated show up at hospitals with Covid we will have tents set up to meet them. Inside, instead of doctors and nurses we will staff them with a group of people who will google a way to save them. Problem solved.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Another Award winning post from our resident Darwin Participant.
The current pandemic is caused by the unvaccinated. They are 99% of hospitalizations and 99% of those dying.
What are those reasons you cite why people wont get vaccinated? If your healthy, of course. ??? THE 5G in vaccines? or Carlson, Maria Baritomo and the FOX crew? Religious Right?
If 99% of hospitalizations and deaths are UN vaccinated, how are they not the driving force?
The current pandemic is not caused by the unvaccinated. You are listening to your democrat leaders again. The vaccinated have the same viral load as the unvaccinated according to what the "experts" are saying. That is rational as to why they are recommending masks for everyone.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2021, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have a great idea. When the unvaccinated show up at hospitals with Covid we will have tents set up to meet them. Inside, instead of doctors and nurses we will staff them with a group of people who will google a way to save them. Problem solved.
Can you refute anything he said? If not, STFU.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The current pandemic is not caused by the unvaccinated. You are listening to your democrat leaders again. The vaccinated have the same viral load as the unvaccinated according to what the "experts" are saying. That is rational as to why they are recommending masks for everyone.
Explain it to me like im 8. If 99% of unvaccinated are the ones in hospitals and 99% of the ones dying, how are the un-vaccinated not the cause of this wave? 99% seems like more than a little bit.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-10-2021, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
That is discrimination to minorities, as the majority of unvaccinated are minorities. ITs been plastered all over that 60 to 70% of minorities are not getting the vaccine. SO you dont think putting black, brown, and indian folks in tents won't come back to bite you? Also they are generally liberal, so you are going to put "your people, lefties" in tents instead of the hospital?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
You keep talking about dying. Yes, we all know it's a small %. What about long COVID? The FACT is that most people hospitalized for COVID are unvaccineated. The adverse effects from the vaccine are minimal. Getting COVID is far worse. Why in the hell wouldn't you protect yourself with the vaccine? Unvaccinated people are keeping COVID going.
Quit spreading the political lie that the unvaccinated are keeping covid going. They are reporting vaccinated people have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated. The only debate is the severity of the infection. The vaccine is not a covid vaccine. It is a spike protein vaccine. I know it is a nuance, but it seems to be a significant nuance.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can you refute anything he said? If not, STFU.
Why would i? He can be a featured speaker at the admittance tent if you like. Im sure he will make those having trouble breathing feel much, much better.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
That is discrimination to minorities, as the majority of unvaccinated are minorities. ITs been plastered all over that 60 to 70% of minorities are not getting the vaccine. SO you dont think putting black, brown, and indian folks in tents won't come back to bite you? Also they are generally liberal, so you are going to put "your people, lefties" in tents instead of the hospital?
In minority communities the Biden is sending out people to help educate people on the safety and benefits of the vaccines. So there is hope more will get the jabs. Curious tho where you get your demographics? Do you have a source?
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...id-coronavirus
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Quit spreading the political lie that the unvaccinated are keeping covid going. They are reporting vaccinated people have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated. The only debate is the severity of the infection. The vaccine is not a covid vaccine. It is a spike protein vaccine. I know it is a nuance, but it seems to be a significant nuance.
I know right!! The unvaccinated are ONLY 99% of the people in hospitals. Thats completely insignificant.
Cant believe THEY are making this political!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Explain it to me like im 8. If 99% of unvaccinated are the ones in hospitals and 99% of the ones dying, how are the un-vaccinated not the cause of this wave? 99% seems like more than a little bit.
What is the 99% number from? All last year everyone quoted the number of deaths and hospitalizations. This year it is a percent. 99% of 300 million is a lot. 99% of 100,000 is not nearly as much. I don't fall for the talking heads politicization tactics and small changes in talking points. Their goal is to create chaos so you will vote for them to save you. rinse and repeat.

There are many reasons for the "wave". We literally just allowed everyone to do pretty much everything again. Like pack arenas, go to bars, restaurants, work, etc. You now have everyone in mass attendance of events. Of course it is going to spread. According the data that your presidents team is putting out, the vaccinated have the same viral load as the unvaccinated. Except the vaccinated are allowed to go to these mass events. I would say if you look at what they are saying, the vaccinated are the ones keeping it going. They are the ones going to mass events then bringing it back home to the others of either vaccine status. What you political hacks are trying to do is conflate those in the hospital as the only ones with covid. They are not. Everyone is getting it. I think our family just had it again last month. Was like a cold for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated in our family. The baby got a low fever but everyone else was fine.

I guess there is going to have to be a point, where people get covid like the flu and a cold each year and people say that sucks, hope everything is fine. I am pretty sure almost all Americans have been exposed to covid at this point after over 1.5 years. Only problem is, the democrat party have given you your marching orders and are now spreading that only the unvaccinated are spreading covid. It is a political wedge issue. They will use everything and anything for political power. Na. I reject that. Everyone has been exposed by now and now we are on the next one. Kind of funny, a virus that can not normally make an efficient jump to humans all of a sudden is efficient and efficiently mutates. Almost like it was designed that way.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know right!! The unvaccinated are ONLY 99% of the people in hospitals. Thats completely insignificant.
Cant believe THEY are making this political!
Oh wow. 99%? Oh no!!!! Last year it was hundreds of thousands and we were locked down. This year it is simply 99% (of what) and they have been letting the vaccinated attend huge mass gatherings with a variant that is way more contagious.

I bet that 99% of the people who went to the hospital with the flu did not have a vaccine either.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Don't worry. Brown people are used to democrats putting them into camps.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2021, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:

Why do you think this is politcal? These are hospitals and doctors reporting these numbers. There's article after article with this info. A handful from reputable sources:
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/10170...e-unvaccinated

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=4d05ceef14b1

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Sure, you're going to find guys like the one mark posted, but I'm going with the vast majority of info out there like in the stories I just posted. Hell, I've heard some very credible flat-earthers, too, but I'm not going to try to argue with them.

And yes, we all now know that unvaccinated people can get and transmit the vaccine. It's not 100% effective, so of course some will get it, and some will end up in the hospital. However, it's pretty easy to do a little research and find what most are saying the efficacy rate is. Example:
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/va...ox-news-guest/

The vaccine is not as effective against the Delta variant causing most cases in the U.S. right now, but it's a whole heck of a lot more effective than no vaccine, so why wouldn't you get it? That is a fact and why the majority of people in hospitals with Covid haven't had the vaccine. It's just a matter of odds and not that hard to understand.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2021, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Quit spreading the political lie that the unvaccinated are keeping covid going. They are reporting vaccinated people have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated.
*IF* the vaccinated folks actually develop an infection, which you still have a much better chance of not developing if vaxed.

But you are right... if a vaxxed person contracts delta variant, they are able to transmit the virus to others (with unvaxed being most likely because of no immunity).
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why do you think this is politcal? These are hospitals and doctors reporting these numbers. There's article after article with this info. A handful from reputable sources:
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/10170...e-unvaccinated

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=4d05ceef14b1

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Sure, you're going to find guys like the one mark posted, but I'm going with the vast majority of info out there like in the stories I just posted. Hell, I've heard some very credible flat-earthers, too, but I'm not going to try to argue with them.

And yes, we all now know that unvaccinated people can get and transmit the vaccine. It's not 100% effective, so of course some will get it, and some will end up in the hospital. However, it's pretty easy to do a little research and find what most are saying the efficacy rate is. Example:
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/va...ox-news-guest/

The vaccine is not as effective against the Delta variant causing most cases in the U.S. right now, but it's a whole heck of a lot more effective than no vaccine, so why wouldn't you get it? That is a fact and why the majority of people in hospitals with Covid haven't had the vaccine. It's just a matter of odds and not that hard to understand.
I am not arguing against getting the vaccine. I got it. My wife got it but still has swollen lymph nodes since getting her first jab a few months ago. She has been tested for cancer and even had the lymph node scanned because 90% of the people with the particular lymph node have cancer.

Most people who have the vaccine and get the new covid will not get tested because many of the places have said you do not need testing if you have the vaccine. Our hospital system shut down their covid test facilities. I had to get a test at walgreens so I could get a procedure done. Point is, most will not even know if they had it or not. For us we had mild cold symptoms. Many in the NFL are in the same boat. Have the vaccine, still tested positive.

As far as the pandemic goes that has apparently been defined by the fact that covid is still around has been made very political. It has been on this thread by you and 95. If has been by the left wing media and it has been by democrat congress and the white house. They are saying the only reason it exists and mutated is because of the unvaccinated. That is 100% not true and is deliberately political. Covid is around because everyone can still get it regardless the question is how sick will you be. That is a completely different question. At a certain point, people are going to be able to make their own decision on it. It is not going away vaccinated or now. The flu does not go away and people are vaccinated yearly. Quit making it political. We have to keep track but the defund the police has killed more people in DC this year than covid has. Think about that for a minute.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
*IF* the vaccinated folks actually develop an infection, which you still have a much better chance of not developing if vaxed.

But you are right... if a vaxxed person contracts delta variant, they are able to transmit the virus to others (with unvaxed being most likely because of no immunity).
I agree. However the vaccine does not kill covid. It can still be passed along and mutate vaccinated or not so quit trying to divide society. The division is done on purpose. The arguing points don't even make sense. We need to treat the unvaccinated like they are jews or some other undesirable group in history. We need to segregate them and so on. Just like out of the long time democrat play book. The problem will sort itself out. If covid is that dangerous to the unvaccinated, it is a self fixing issue. You as a vaccinated person are going to be exposed year after year no matter what. it was engineered to kill humans. You are vaccinated. Don't worry if the unvaccinated are in the hospital. They have had a chance to hear the news and make a decision. I wish they would but they do have that right.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2021, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't believe I disqualified myself from anything. You system does not continuously put out 30Kwhr. It peaks at that at best. It nominally runs lower. You don't have a way to store your energy.
Still showing your ignorance. KWhr is a unit of energy not a rate of energy, it is not correct to state peak output in KWhr.

When we produce power from the PV there are 3 options:
1. We consume it
2. We store it in the car or delivery van
3. We export it to the grid and somebody else uses it.

The power we produce is never not utilized in some way.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:

reminds me of vodka and red bull in one convenient can.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Still showing your ignorance. KWhr is a unit of energy not a rate of energy, it is not correct to state peak output in KWhr.

When we produce power from the PV there are 3 options:
1. We consume it
2. We store it in the car or delivery van
3. We export it to the grid and somebody else uses it.

The power we produce is never not utilized in some way.
KWhr attaches a unit or power and a time. Technically that is Joules. It is an energy unit.

If it goes to the grid and no one uses it, then it is wasted just the same. The input to the grid is not consistent all day and none at night. It can be predicted though. You think they just turn off power plants day and night? They bring on extra gas turbine plants when they need extra, they don't do it the opposite. Solar can help with not turning on extra gas plants that can be on standby but they are not the back bone of the grid. Now you put extra stress on the grid replacing billions of gallons of fuel energy at night for charging electric cars, it may make the problem worse.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
"Your blame of the unvaccinated as the reason for covid to continue is a complete lie, it’s a nice attempt to instill fear , but far from the reality."

This is the ignorant dumb**** statement of the day. You seriously don't know what the hell you're talking about. Be this dumb**** p.o.s.:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-r...134950826.html

You can't deny that over 90% of the people hospitalized today for COVID are unvaccinated. There's no denying it. The unvaccinated people ARE the ones keeping COVID going. It's a fact, and you won't be able to post any reliable sources to the contrary. Stop being stupid.
So wait which is it ,,,,,, deaths are the main driver or positivity rates ? You’ve contradicted yourself now .

You just got done claiming deaths are a small portion , yet her you are using them to try and further an obnoxious argument that only unvaccinated are spreading the virus. The CDC already stated people with the vaccine catch and transmit the virus just like the unvaccinated. Gee why would the CDC have all that information and make a big deal about it. Here’s a hint. The answer because vaccinated people are getting and transmitting the variant.

I don’t deny the fact 90 percent of people in hospital today are unvaccinated. I deny they fact that the amount of deaths and I’ll is no where near the verge of state closures, and mask mandates.

I had covid, I have the vaccine. I also caught the delta , So have 7 of the 10 of the 10 vaccinated individuals at work. Of the 8 non vaccinated , 0 have caught the delta 3 had covid.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-10-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
What is the 99% number from? All last year everyone quoted the number of deaths and hospitalizations. This year it is a percent. 99% of 300 million is a lot. 99% of 100,000 is not nearly as much. I don't fall for the talking heads politicization tactics and small changes in talking points. Their goal is to create chaos so you will vote for them to save you. rinse and repeat. No problem. In early June The US was down to 2000 new cases per day, today its between 100,000 and 150,000. Thats an INCREASE, right? Remember when the goal was to not flood hospitals? All across texas and the south down to florida (Coincidentally "Trump Country" ) hospitals are full sending patients out of state because they cannot handle the crush.

There are many reasons for the "wave". We literally just allowed everyone to do pretty much everything again.So the correct approach would be to require mask mandates and vaccines along with distancing, right. Like pack arenas, go to bars, restaurants, work, etc. You now have everyone in mass attendance of events. Of course it is going to spread. According the data that your presidents team is putting out, the vaccinated have the same viral load as the unvaccinated. Unlike the Trump admin, Biden has not filled the CDC etc with Political appointees to create messagingExcept the vaccinated are allowed to go to these mass events. I would say if you look at what they are saying, the vaccinated are the ones keeping it going. They are the ones going to mass events then bringing it back home to the others of either vaccine status. You trying to say that UNVACCINATED people are not going to sporting events and spreading virus? You are certifiably insane. What you political hacks are trying to do is conflate those in the hospital as the only ones with covid. Sure seems like you are conflating things as much as you can, Not a single educated person on the planet could believe what you just proposed. They are not. Everyone is getting it. I think our family just had it again last month. Was like a cold for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated in our family. The baby got a low fever but everyone else was fine.

I guess there is going to have to be a point, where people get covid like the flu and a cold each year and people say that sucks, hope everything is fine. I am pretty sure almost all Americans have been exposed to covid at this point after over 1.5 years. Only problem is, the democrat party have given you your marching orders and are now spreading that only the unvaccinated are spreading covid. It is a political wedge issue. They will use everything and anything for political power. Na. I reject that. Everyone has been exposed by now and now we are on the next one. Kind of funny, a virus that can not normally make an efficient jump to humans all of a sudden is efficient and efficiently mutates. Almost like it was designed that way.
Tinfoilhattery. If you were to post lies like this on Twitter, you would receive a ban...just like Margarine Traitor Trash Green just was banned for lying about vaccines.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
what is the 99% number from? All last year everyone quoted the number of deaths and hospitalizations. This year it is a percent. 99% of 300 million is a lot. 99% of 100,000 is not nearly as much. I don't fall for the talking heads politicization tactics and small changes in talking points. Their goal is to create chaos so you will vote for them to save you. Rinse and repeat.

There are many reasons for the "wave". We literally just allowed everyone to do pretty much everything again. Like pack arenas, go to bars, restaurants, work, etc. You now have everyone in mass attendance of events. Of course it is going to spread. According the data that your presidents team is putting out, the vaccinated have the same viral load as the unvaccinated. Except the vaccinated are allowed to go to these mass events. I would say if you look at what they are saying, the vaccinated are the ones keeping it going. They are the ones going to mass events then bringing it back home to the others of either vaccine status. What you political hacks are trying to do is conflate those in the hospital as the only ones with covid. They are not. Everyone is getting it. I think our family just had it again last month. Was like a cold for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated in our family. The baby got a low fever but everyone else was fine.

I guess there is going to have to be a point, where people get covid like the flu and a cold each year and people say that sucks, hope everything is fine. I am pretty sure almost all americans have been exposed to covid at this point after over 1.5 years. Only problem is, the democrat party have given you your marching orders and are now spreading that only the unvaccinated are spreading covid. It is a political wedge issue. They will use everything and anything for political power. Na. I reject that. Everyone has been exposed by now and now we are on the next one. Kind of funny, a virus that can not normally make an efficient jump to humans all of a sudden is efficient and efficiently mutates. Almost like it was designed that way.

a f%^} men
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2021, 10:08 AM Reply   
"They are saying the only reason it exists and mutated is because of the unvaccinated. That is 100% not true and is deliberately political. "

No, it's not political. The unvaccinated are much more likely to get it, are the vast majority of the ones that currently have it and will get it and so are the ones spreading it the most. It's an easy number game. This is why some people are pissed at people not getting vaccinated because the unvaccinated are a whole lot more likely to get it and spread it. We saw the same thing a couple years ago with more and more people not vaccinated against the measles that caused an outbreak. Link on that for anyone who didn't know or forgot:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...taphor/592756/

That's all I got on this.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:

More false realities. There are plenty of unvaccinated people that contracted the original strain of covid and therefore have resistance.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Tinfoilhattery. If you were to post lies like this on Twitter, you would receive a ban...just like Margarine Traitor Trash Green just was banned for lying about vaccines.
Twitter bans anything that does not meet their left wing ideas. They also banned the lab leak of covid discussions. too. I would not equate twitter with truth.

We have a variant that is I believe 6 times more infectious. Masks don't to anything. People got the less infectious version during masks, distancing and shut downs and still over ran the hospitals. kalifornia has exploded was well. So much so they put the mask mandated back on the 6 bay area counties and those people are almost all vaccinated.

Quit making it political
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh wow. 99%? Oh no!!!! Last year it was hundreds of thousands and we were locked down. This year it is simply 99% (of what) and they have been letting the vaccinated attend huge mass gatherings with a variant that is way more contagious.

I bet that 99% of the people who went to the hospital with the flu did not have a vaccine either.
99% of all. That simple enough? You talk like you know ALL, you cant do a simple search?
FYI, they let All into mass gatherings, the unvaccinated just lie about status, a lot like you.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
"They are saying the only reason it exists and mutated is because of the unvaccinated. That is 100% not true and is deliberately political. "

No, it's not political. The unvaccinated are much more likely to get it, are the vast majority of the ones that currently have it and will get it and so are the ones spreading it the most. It's an easy number game. This is why some people are pissed at people not getting vaccinated because the unvaccinated are a whole lot more likely to get it and spread it. We saw the same thing a couple years ago with more and more people not vaccinated against the measles that caused an outbreak. Link on that for anyone who didn't know or forgot:

No. The unvaccinated are more likely to develop a sever infection. Everyone gets it and spreads it if you believe that they CDC is saying. They are saying that the vaccinated have the same viral load in their nose and throat as the unvaccinated. that is straight from bidens people. Under those talking points, it does not matter what camp you are in. You are spreading it. So any other talking point that you are bringing up is political because it is not grounded in science if you believe bidens people.

Now that contradicts the study the chinese did with non symptomatic spread saying they did not really detect it. My guess is because this strain is so infectious that you can get non symptomatic spread and that is why the CDC is recommending the masking/distancing and not far from wanting to pull the trigger on more lock downs.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
99% of all. That simple enough? You talk like you know ALL, you cant do a simple search?
FYI, they let All into mass gatherings, the unvaccinated just lie about status, a lot like you.
why would I lie about status? 99% is not a number. There are 100% more mass gatherings all around the country so 99% is not bad. It is less than the 100%
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, the unvaccinated that go to these events wear masks. I thought masks worked?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Twitter bans anything that does not meet their left wing ideas. They also banned the lab leak of covid discussions. too. I would not equate twitter with truth.

We have a variant that is I believe 6 times more infectious. Masks don't to anything. People got the less infectious version during masks, distancing and shut downs and still over ran the hospitals. kalifornia has exploded was well. So much so they put the mask mandated back on the 6 bay area counties and those people are almost all vaccinated.

Quit making it political
They ban people who lie about vaccines. She lied, said they dont work. Truth is they are some of the best vaccines ever made 95+ effective rates. Pretty sure Jack Dorsey is into Capitalism.
Until 2021, Dorsey applied "world leader" exceptions that enabled President Donald Trump to post content on Twitter that would normally be removed or generate sanctions per the platform's rules. In May 2020, some of Trump's tweets received warning labels, and from Election Day in November 2020, more flaggings were applied to his tweets.[85] On January 6, 2021, after pro-Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, Twitter applied a 12-hour timeout to Trump's account for violating its Civic Integrity policy. Trump's account was suspended permanently on January 8.[86] On January 14, Dorsey defended banning Trump, but also said it "sets a precedent I feel is dangerous."[87]

If you didnt lie, you would have nothing to say.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
They ban people who lie about vaccines. She lied, said they dont work. Truth is they are some of the best vaccines ever made 95+ effective rates. Pretty sure Jack Dorsey is into Capitalism.
Until 2021, Dorsey applied "world leader" exceptions that enabled President Donald Trump to post content on Twitter that would normally be removed or generate sanctions per the platform's rules. In May 2020, some of Trump's tweets received warning labels, and from Election Day in November 2020, more flaggings were applied to his tweets.[85] On January 6, 2021, after pro-Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, Twitter applied a 12-hour timeout to Trump's account for violating its Civic Integrity policy. Trump's account was suspended permanently on January 8.[86] On January 14, Dorsey defended banning Trump, but also said it "sets a precedent I feel is dangerous."[87]

If you didnt lie, you would have nothing to say.
Jack Dorsey is into capturing the chinese money just like hollywood and the nba. They see a well over billion more people to profit from than alienating 50 million conservative Americans.

Funny. Twitter allowed alqueda, Iran, other despots to use it. ANTIFA uses it to coordintate riots and beating up of Christians. I would not use twitter as a moral compass.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
why would I lie about status? 99% is not a number. There are 100% more mass gatherings all around the country so 99% is not bad. It is less than the 100%
Why? So you could get into a game, a restaurant, a cruise ship, a concert...anything.
Idiot. Only a complete fool would compare "100% more mass gatherings all around the country so 99% is not bad" While saying the whole country should open up w/o any requirements. And at the same time say unvaccinated are causing spread. Plus blame the vaccinated for not masking while saying masks dont work. Plus saying the vaccinated spread it as much as non vaccinated. Tinfoil wont contain you, you have the improved Iron shortbus helmet, dont ya.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2021, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
More false realities. There are plenty of unvaccinated people that contracted the original strain of covid and therefore have resistance.
well that's not comparing apples to apples. If you want to compare people with prior infections, compare those who got covid and the vax to those who just got covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...rotection.html

Results aren't nearly as dire as the general vaxed vs. unvaxed (where it's like 5x more likely to contract and 25x more likely to be hospitalized) but prior infection still loses to prior infection plus vax.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2021, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
KWhr attaches a unit or power and a time. Technically that is Joules. It is an energy unit.

If it goes to the grid and no one uses it, then it is wasted just the same. The input to the grid is not consistent all day and none at night. It can be predicted though. You think they just turn off power plants day and night? They bring on extra gas turbine plants when they need extra, they don't do it the opposite. Solar can help with not turning on extra gas plants that can be on standby but they are not the back bone of the grid. Now you put extra stress on the grid replacing billions of gallons of fuel energy at night for charging electric cars, it may make the problem worse.
It never gets wasted, it always get used.

Yes renewables are inconsistent, that's why you need batteries or pumped hydro to buffer the production and use. Tesla have developed a distributed power plant system using a network of privately owned powerwalls. Very clever stuff.

Solar won't solve the power problems alone but they are an important part of the solution and it's accessible by the individual who can by their own personal choices can become energy independent and help decarbonize the energy they use. It's a right wing libertarian wet dream.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2021, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
I had covid, I have the vaccine. I also caught the delta , So have 7 of the 10 of the 10 vaccinated individuals at work. Of the 8 non vaccinated , 0 have caught the delta 3 had covid.
That's a dangerous mall you work in!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-10-2021, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:

So how do you plan on getting minorities to get it. The vast majority of the people who are not vaccinated are minorities. These are generally liberals.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2021, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
So how do you plan on getting minorities to get it. The vast majority of the people who are not vaccinated are minorities. These are generally liberals.
Doug, I'm not seeing the wide dispersions in the data that you suggest. I'm looking here: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Do you have another source showing huge variations? Which states are you worried about in particular?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes it is.

1 officer was just murdered and her partner shot multiple times. Lost his eye snd has bullet lodged in his skull. This is the thanks and got for her heroism.

Name:  1FE0EA6E-9A9F-4354-BCAF-9790937D16BC.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  114.9 KB

Little more info on dangerous mall. Thus was the 9th straight week of over 100 shot. This was a weekend in which the entire department worked 12hr days with every able body working for lalapallooza eeekemd

Name:  81A8ADFC-E8CF-47AB-A3A4-20DE626EA7C5.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  102.5 KB

Last but not least the statistics of the savage animals the left keeps empowering.
Attached Images

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why? So you could get into a game, a restaurant, a cruise ship, a concert...anything.
Idiot. Only a complete fool would compare "100% more mass gatherings all around the country so 99% is not bad" While saying the whole country should open up w/o any requirements. And at the same time say unvaccinated are causing spread. Plus blame the vaccinated for not masking while saying masks dont work. Plus saying the vaccinated spread it as much as non vaccinated. Tinfoil wont contain you, you have the improved Iron shortbus helmet, dont ya.
These are all claims by biden, the democats and the cdc. I am not making this up. The vaccinated are spreading it. that is why they are going back to masks and distancing. That is why the kalifornia bay area is back to this stance. They are well vaccinated.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
It never gets wasted, it always get used.

Yes renewables are inconsistent, that's why you need batteries or pumped hydro to buffer the production and use. Tesla have developed a distributed power plant system using a network of privately owned powerwalls. Very clever stuff.

Solar won't solve the power problems alone but they are an important part of the solution and it's accessible by the individual who can by their own personal choices can become energy independent and help decarbonize the energy they use. It's a right wing libertarian wet dream.
I am sure it is a wet dream. I think it will be a boon for the 3rd worlds ability to have power. We have a huge solar array at work. Still did not stop a very disruptive shut down when the grid glitched.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-10-2021, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nope. Typical democrat city. If we get rid of the 4% of the democrats that causes all this we are safer than your island.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 1:25 PM Reply   
Suspiciously absent from the city , BLM marches , rhetoric from all the politicians , and riots over the amount of dead black children littered around the city every week. Not a single peep from Harris , Biden , or any of the mouthpieces condemning the shooters and black on black violence. Weird it’s almost as if those innocent black children’s lives don’t actually matter.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Suspiciously absent from the city , BLM marches , rhetoric from all the politicians , and riots over the amount of dead black children littered around the city every week. Not a single peep from Harris , Biden , or any of the mouthpieces condemning the shooters and black on black violence. Weird it’s almost as if those innocent black children’s lives don’t actually matter.
Can you blame them? Every democrat politician is blue in the face from trying to stop gun sales in every way, shape and form. The NRApublicans have stopped them at everything. Made it easier for roaches to get guns and ammo. Meanwhile, keep arming them and complaining while doing nothing to stop the flow of guns, legal and illegal.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can you blame them? Every democrat politician is blue in the face from trying to stop gun sales in every way, shape and form. The NRApublicans have stopped them at everything. Made it easier for roaches to get guns and ammo. Meanwhile, keep arming them and complaining while doing nothing to stop the flow of guns, legal and illegal.
Your mind numbing retardation concerning the subject is on full display.

The Democratic elected states attorneys and judges refuse to prosecute and sentence the illegal gun offenders that are caught. They’re given free passes 3 and 4 times over. The only ones arming and releasing violence in these neighborhoods are the Democratic leaders . The same
Democratic leaders who have handcuffed police with SJW policies based off bull**** , depleted police departments with the defunding movements , and have forced record retirements with their national anti police policies. Start with enforcing the gun laws on the books , hold offenders accountable instead of letting them walk around on Bimini 3 times over. Let the police police and attack crime based on the statistics not some bull**** racism narrative.

That was done before Obama took office. Crime rates were at the lowest in decades. Boom in comes the communist obummer who did nothing but create a national movement and push BLM through his DOJ. Guns aren’t the issue , the fact these liberal SJW’s in the most prominent positions of the judicial system refuse to prosecute violent offenders is.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Guns aren’t the issue
Then quit whining about SHOOTINGS.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
well that's not comparing apples to apples. If you want to compare people with prior infections, compare those who got covid and the vax to those who just got covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...rotection.html

Results aren't nearly as dire as the general vaxed vs. unvaxed (where it's like 5x more likely to contract and 25x more likely to be hospitalized) but prior infection still loses to prior infection plus vax.
How is that not apples to apples. The numbers don’t distinguish between the unvaccinated that had covid and did not. The argument above was started over the fact the unvaccinated are the root cause of covid transmission. That’s is a complete and utter lie. Anyone agreeing with that statement or making it clearly doesn’t have a grasp of what’s actually happening at the moment.

The data is very clear. The vaccine does one thing. Protects those susceptible to the serious complications of covid and opportunity to protect themselves. It’s not 100% but it’s very high .

There are also deaths associated with vaccinated individuals. Here we have the CDC data once again associated with “break through cases ). Once again the rhetoric being slammed down our throats and used to divide the country is based on a certain demographic. Exactly the same as the original strand. 5500 of the 7500 cases. 75% of the serious scenarios are once again held to the group of people aged > 65. But hey don’t take my word for it. Take the CDC stats. As usual a faux hysteria to blanket the entire population as one when this virus continually attacks a certain demographic.

Now here is something that will wow you THE AVERAGE MEDIAN AGE OF BREAKTHROUGH DEATHS IS 82 Yes 82 years old.

In Mississippi — where only about 35 percent of the population is fully vaccinated and where infections and hospitalizations have been surging — vaccinated older people and people with weaker immune systems have been overrepresented among those hospitalized and dying, according to the state health department.

So spare us all the nonsense of these national mandates. The death rates are more the 1/1000 of a percent for middle aged healthy people.

Name:  1D5D2781-04ED-47A9-BC62-F79A0556943C.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  135.6 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Then quit whining about SHOOTINGS.
Ahh yes , the usual lack of response and rebuttal due to being stuffed back in your basement with actual facts . I expect nothing less
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Point to 2 changes in the law that have made it easier for roaches to obtain ammo and guns . Can’t wait for this

While we’re at it why should anyone have to show an ID to purchase a firearm when it’s not required to vote ? Votes kill people more than guns do as evident under the Biden/BLM/SJW policy plan

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-10-2021 at 3:04 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2021, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am sure it is a wet dream. I think it will be a boon for the 3rd worlds ability to have power. We have a huge solar array at work. Still did not stop a very disruptive shut down when the grid glitched.
No battery backup?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2021, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Point to 2 changes in the law that have made it easier for roaches to obtain ammo and guns . Can’t wait for this

While we’re at it why should anyone have to show an ID to purchase a firearm when it’s not required to vote ? Votes kill people more than guns do as evident under the Biden/BLM/SJW policy plan
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ition-n1191316

https://www.idaho.gov/laws-public-sa...un-weapon-law/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ates/98132794/

https://apnews.com/article/c037fd186...a8e62a69b135f6

https://realfactsnc.com/blog/ncga-re...sense-gun-laws

How many people per year are killed by voting? You mentioned evidence.
Why dont we just require your Vaccination card as ID to buy fire arms and ammo?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2021, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
So once again you can’t provide 2 examples of which Republicans had the current law rescinded , which allowed for more gun purchases .

You only point to them not voting for more restrictive laws to be put into place.

The one remotely close article is the ruling of a Supreme Court judge siding the with the fact the law was unfair and unconstitutional. A judge that in the past put an injunction on mag sales. The law that was in question was a recent law that was put into place without the proper approval and challenge. It’s borderline at best. How dare a federal judge check the constitutionality of a bee law . It’s def a blatant assault on gun laws. GTFOH.

Your USA Today article is an even bigger joke. Straight from the article ,,,,,

Finding the right way to separate the mentally ill from guns isn’t easy, and going too far can wrongly stigmatize everyone who suffers from mental illness. The overwhelming majority of people with mental illness are not violent. Nor is mental illness a predictor of gun violence.

The new law was blocked because once again the blanket policy based on feelings doesn’t align with the facts.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2021, 9:00 PM Reply   
Another grain of sand passes through the hourglass of this country’s status. Thanks to libtards, we are in a death spiral. F you libtards.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/oregon...ority-students
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2021, 10:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Another grain of sand passes through the hourglass of this country’s status. Thanks to libtards, we are in a death spiral. F you libtards.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/oregon...ority-students
Seems like most of the sand is getting caught in your vag.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 1:13 AM Reply   
More coffin nails for America.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...reconciliation
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 1:33 AM Reply   
Pfizer just changed the label on their vaccine. Step right up and get your Bell’s Palsy. A relative of a friend got it after getting vaccinated last week.
https://www.nationalobserver.com/202...le-side-effect
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 1:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Seems like most of the sand is getting caught in your vag.
How’s your syphilis treatment going after that wild weekend with the sheep?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-11-2021, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pfizer just changed the label on their vaccine. Step right up and get your Bell’s Palsy. A relative of a friend got it after getting vaccinated last week.
https://www.nationalobserver.com/202...le-side-effect
All medicine has side effects. It is just a math equation. The math says that the disease is far, far more dangerous than the cure.

There are two sides to vaccine arguement. The half of America that makes up 99% of the hospitalizations and the half that makes up 1% of the hospitalizations. Choose your side carefully. Until those stats starts to flip radically, the choice is clear for me.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
All medicine has side effects. It is just a math equation. The math says that the disease is far, far more dangerous than the cure.

There are two sides to vaccine arguement. The half of America that makes up 99% of the hospitalizations and the half that makes up 1% of the hospitalizations. Choose your side carefully. Until those stats starts to flip radically, the choice is clear for me.
No matter how many times you and 95 repeat that, it’s not moving the dial .05%. What might move the dial is knowing the percentage of covid sufferers that have to go to the hospital vs stay at home and sweat it out. What ever that number is, I guarantee it’s WAY over reported. Case in point: my cousins gave it to my daughter and their parents. My daughter gave it to my wife’s parents. That’s a total of 7 people. 4 of them are in their 70’s. The other 3 are 30-32. Only one of them got tested and reported it. None are vaccinated. All are beating it or about to. All have said, “no way” when asked if they wish they took the mark.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-11-2021, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
No matter how many times you and 95 repeat that, it’s not moving the dial .05%. What might move the dial is knowing the percentage of covid sufferers that have to go to the hospital vs stay at home and sweat it out. What ever that number is, I guarantee it’s WAY over reported. Case in point: my cousins gave it to my daughter and their parents. My daughter gave it to my wife’s parents. That’s a total of 7 people. 4 of them are in their 70’s. The other 3 are 30-32. Only one of them got tested and reported it. None are vaccinated. All are beating it or about to. All have said, “no way” when asked if they wish they took the mark.
I guess being bad at math runs in the family. It is just a simple risk assessment. What was the total loss of dollars associated with missed work, child care, treatment, etc for your family? The reason I wish more people would get the the vaccine is because I don't want my 1.5 year old to get it and screw up child care while she quarantined for two weeks.

Plus a sample size of 7 doesn't prove much.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Errr......wrong. Chicago has some of the most restrictive laws in the land on guns. At the end of the day, I have never ever seen a gun get up and go shoot someone. Again, you democrats have a nack for excusing bad behavior. How about calling it like it is and do something about the people and the democrat policies that have lead to them feeling like they need to murder each other.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 08-11-2021 at 8:13 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:

I have to agree.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
I guess being bad at math runs in the family. It is just a simple risk assessment. What was the total loss of dollars associated with missed work, child care, treatment, etc for your family? The reason I wish more people would get the the vaccine is because I don't want my 1.5 year old to get it and screw up child care while she quarantined for two weeks.

There is going to have to be a point where people are not put on the beach for 10 days at a time. Not saying we are at over reaction, however there is a point where it is pointless.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:

Sure seems like it on the surface, but you don't know what the long term effects are any better than me or any doctors and immunologists. New stuff continues to come out. I also have another aunt who has been sick with on and off flu symptoms for 4 months right after her second Moderna shot. Sorry to break it to you, your 1.5 year old isn't necessarily any safer because you got the mark. You can still be a spreader.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2021, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
At the end of the day, I have never ever seen a gun get up and go shoot someone.
I've never seen heroin inject itself either, are you saying it should be legalized?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry to break it to you, your 1.5 year old isn't necessarily any safer because you got the mark. You can still be a spreader.
Except that if exposed you are at least 5x and up to 10x less likely to contract Delta. So yeah, the 1.5 year old is necessarily safer. If you don't contract, you cannot spread. Super-not-hard-to-understand.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have to agree.
What about the 99.99% of people with no comorbidities who sweat it out, get through it and now have the antibodies? I might be one of them. Goin to get tested for antibodies today.