Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-19-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey Guys and girls,

This last saturday got me all jucied up because I recieved a 141 B-Side in the mail (thanks brown santa!). On Sunday I was lucky enough to get out and try it.

I usually ride a premier 141, and have tried and liked most other boards, but always came back to the premier due to its overall feel and consistancy. I tried the B-Side without fins, how I ride the premier.

The B-side is an improvement, more so than I thought it would be. Out of the hole, and on the first few slashes at the wake I felt the speed of the board. Speed on a edge into the wake, out from the wake, and transitional edging (it was quick and controlled for wake slashing and quick direction change).

The way the board handeled was impressive as well. Alot of boards have a slippery feel, or a dolphiny cavatation feel at some point of a cut or transitional cut (i mean changing edges from heels to toes, or vise versa), but the B-Side was very fluid, smooth, and held its edges very well. The cupping the edge has on the last foot of the board got my attention both before I rode it, and while I was riding it. Very stong edge hold, with a fair amount of acceleration.

I hadnt ridden in a few weeks, so I was a bit rusty. Once warmed up and comfotable with the wake I began to feel the popping potential of the board. I want to say the board is a bit wider on the tip and tail, but i didnt measure and compare to my premier. It felt wider due to the poppiness of the board. However, the board felt lighter on my feet. I LOVED the byerly last year, except for the weight of the board (real heavy boards kinda make it feel like you have a wrecking ball attached to your feet, on some tricks). The B-Side seemed to have the pop of the Byerly legacy, but the weight of an old DNA premier.

The landings were smooth as well. Good traction, and no big shock or bounce when laning in the flats.

All in all, I would highly reccomend this board (with only one set on it). Two other riders tried it (a byerly legacy/liquid force watson rider)Im still waiting to try the sub6 and monarch, but the B-Side is my ride for now.

oh, great graphic's, too.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-19-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Is it a combo of the 3DS as well, I read it has aspects from both the 3DS and Premier, I ride a 3Ds and might consider picking one up if it is kind of like the 3DS
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-19-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
The b-side is a combination of the speed of a 3ds and the pop of a premier. JD liked to ride both boards and when it came time for a pro model, this what he came up with. I'm riding the premier still, and although the shape is the same, the flex and weight are such an improvement and it is only $320.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-19-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
i got an 08 pulse right before the INT nationals and after seeing the B-side in the hyperlite booth i put one on order. i've taken probably 4 or 5 sets on it and love it. i really liked my pulse and the 3ds before that but just wished that it had a little more pop. the B-Side brought that pop. you do have use your edge a little more than the pulse but after a couple mins on it i got use to it. anyone that rides a premier or a pulse(3ds)should give this board a try.

wakeviolater- the sub6 is the same shape as the pulse its just got those strips cut out thats replaced with the carbonfiber. it is really light but i'm not sure that i'm ready to pay around 700 bucks for just the board.