Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-31-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
Looking to upgrade the navi unit in my durango to something not from 1999...

Looking to stay around $600.

requirements:
bluetooth (phone and streaming)
backup camera add-on
A/V out to put to rear entertainment
steering wheel control compatibility
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-01-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Your Durango only has a 1.5 DIN opening. This will require either extensive dash modifications to fit a double-DIN unit, or one of those fold out deals (which I'm not a fan of).

Also, good luck on the A2DP Bluetooth streaming, as most head units have dropped that feature now.

If you mod your dash to accept double DIN, this would be a good choice:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X930BT

You can shop around and find that new, shipped, for under $500.

If sticking with single DIN, this would be a good option:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/AVH-P6300BT

That can be had for around $550 shipped if you shop around.

Pretty much all navigation head units (except maybe some off-brand crap, which I would avoid) can do steering wheel controls. Usually you just need to add the appropriate PAC audio adapters.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2011, 4:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. I actually found that Pioneer Avic before and it peaked my curiosity. Also, I do have the double din setup. Here is a picture of my dash.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2011, 5:55 PM Reply   

Here is the actual picture
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-02-2011, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwakerider View Post
Thanks for the advice. I actually found that Pioneer Avic before and it peaked my curiosity. Also, I do have the double din setup. Here is a picture of my dash.
You obviously don't have a 1999 Durango.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
Sorry meant my navi unit was from 1999, Durango is 2007. I often all to forget sarcasm is not heard on forums...
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       11-03-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
Look at the Advent oe replacement. I installed one on my silverado A few weeks ago and could not be happier. It is over your budget but it has everything. the best part was I needed no adapters dash kits etc. When I Priced out units I thought it was expensive. Untill I realized that by the time you get all the add ons to keep steering wheel controls onstar etc working other units where twice the price. the advent was installed in 20 minutes in my drive way with nothing more than a small socket set and a plastic pry bar.

http://www.adcmobile.com/category/na...gation-advent/
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-03-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, good luck on the A2DP Bluetooth streaming, as most head units have dropped that feature now.
This can easily be fixed with a BlackBerry Bluetooth Gateway ... plugs into your aux port like anything else... syncs to the phone, and whatever you're playing streams to the gateway. If a call comes in the media pauses, you answer the call, and when you hang up the media starts again.

My aux plug is in the arm-rest which is nice, so all music is streaming/phone calls done wireless and everything is still controlled from the steering wheel.

I highly recommend.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-03-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
Another possibility - my brother bought something similar for us Mazda3.... its is a "stock" looking unit but has added functionality (USB/aux/touchscreen/etc)... he loved his and said it worked great

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2007-Do...item3f0791d75d
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       11-03-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
The advent unit will give you A2DP...!
Old     (canadawake)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-08-2011, 8:25 AM Reply   
Alpine!
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ina-w910/
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadawake View Post
LOL, where are you getting that anywhere close to $600?

I own both Alpine and Pioneer decks, and honestly, I think the Pioneer stuff - though less expensive - is flat out better.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-08-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
agreed on the $600 point. The Alpine has much of the same features as the pioneer, but half the price.

Thanks for the input guys!

Anybody wanna buy a stock dodge deck???
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       11-09-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
I would take it John. What are you lookin to get for it?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2011, 6:27 PM Reply   
PM Sent