Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'm so excited for this time of year. I just got a text last night with some of the new 2011 CWB bindings. They're super sharp looking. Just wanted to say I'm amped right now. Get me the new stuff!!

I'll check in and see if I'm allowed to post pics. They've got a new baseplate with some added cushion. Heel lock hinge is still in place. 6" plate and they're super light again like this years.

Anybody got any pics of the other 2011 stuff in the line-up. I hear the new Faction color is orange this year.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
No but i want to see them too!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
I was lucky enough to get the same text :-)
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Me too!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-05-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Damn, you guys are just way too cool for school. Would it be presumptuous to ask if you will be my friends?

Only thing I heard about the 2011 stuff is that they will adorn my feet and because of this my feet will be very happy.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-05-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
theres a couple of sneaky pics on wake.com.au of the marius and AA super sick looking boots
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4m0 View Post
theres a couple of sneaky pics on wake.com.au of the marius and AA super sick looking boots
Post'em up! I can't find them.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
you have to sign in to be able to see images
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-05-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
I got the text also

Clear base plate looks sick!!!!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
^^ yep ^^
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
anyone else just now get that second text, sickkk
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-05-2010, 10:59 PM Reply   
Tried them all on earlier this year. All around they're good boots. But I'd chuck out that insole they have in them. Fits much better without it. (that was the general opinion for everyone in the room). Time will tell how they fit and feel when they're broken in and such.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-06-2010, 5:13 AM Reply   
Here you go boys. The X-Faction is CWB's version of a Grind Base board for cable. If CM yells about this, it's your fault Brandon.
Attached Images

Last edited by jmuthafnp; 08-06-2010 at 5:16 AM.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Yeah man, I've seen all the texts too, but those all look great.

I'm still gonna blame you John!

Viva CWB!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-06-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Dem's da ones.... Ha, ha, ha... I knew I could talk somebody else into posting them. I'm digging the new heel shock set-up. Sorta like the HL. Hopefully they give some good cushion. The new liners look nice, too. Can't wait to get my feet in a pair.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-09-2010, 4:03 AM Reply   
Nice
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
Looking forward to the 11 gear from C-Dub!!
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-11-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
C-Dub is really fn killin it! They are takin steps in the right direction with their product with not only looks, but the actually features of the products! Looks like taller ankles on the bindings which i like and obviously the base plate. Their bindings are def cutting edge, hopefully we see some cool changes with their boards too. They started the change this season with beveled rails on the db9 and faction w/ a slight bevel on the kink. I really think that the beveled edge is pretty revolutionary to board design and def makes a boards edging way nicer. Ronix, LF, and im sure other companies are beveling their edges so hopefully c-dub adopts that tech. Hopefully c-dub also expands their selection even more with higher end boards.

Its great to see companies still pushing their products in an economy like this.
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-11-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
bindings look awesome!
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
i hope orange is the color for the faction! I will buy one in a second haha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
i like the looks of cwb's version of the vantage bindings, but i wish they made it w/o the hinge. then i'd definitely check 'em out.
Old    usfhookup            08-11-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Joe this hinge is really awesome.... mostly because its not really a hinge anymore. Check out some diagrams floating around of how it actually works and you might be surprised. The old style hinges weren't really for riding as much as they were for easy entry/exit (especially with the old style rubber liners.) Now, with the entire inner liners being Lycra, that isn't a necessity anymore. Now don't get me wrong, the old hinges had some of the best heel hold I have ever ridden, but with these new boots they could focus on making it the best possible innovation for RIDING, and less about the entry/exit aspect! You should deff check them out. I hated the LF vantage boots but loved the CWB AA's. And no bias here... I ride what works best.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-12-2010, 3:10 AM Reply   
how exactly does the new hinge work? I'm with Umali on this one, sans hinge Id definitely be interested
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2010, 4:16 AM Reply   
Sick
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-12-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
Can somone post a pic of the 2011 marius bindings? cant seem to find...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesydog View Post
how exactly does the new hinge work? I'm with Umali on this one, sans hinge Id definitely be interested
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latest...inge-tech.html
http://ridecwb.com/boot-splash.php

It is a super simple idea really. the hinge part that sticks out the back simply rotates and helps push up the heel cup piece. check the pics (thanks to David Williams from expo last year)

last year when i first saw pics and video it looked like to me that the hinge could easily spin and open up the cup undesirably, but since looking at them in person, earlier this year, they are definitely pretty stiff...or rather "solid" in the movement. impressively simple and simply impressive. none of those wires and junk to look weird and add weight
Attached Images

Last edited by wakerider111; 08-12-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-12-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Bindings look good but Im surprised they didnt change the screw/baseplate attachment system. There were problems with that this year with the claws/screws shaving right off of the teeth on the baseplate and the binding ripping off the board.
Old    usfhookup            08-14-2010, 12:51 AM Reply   
CWB ANSWER
Gen6 Plate
New Heel Lock Hinge - zero heel left
3 Piece orthotics footbed
Mesh Wrap for light weight
SOS Shock Absorption Heel
Attached Images

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-15-2010, 2:08 AM Reply   
thanks for the pics jeremy i finally get it!

I just worry that with the extra complication they will be more prone to things going wrong. Especially for cable where bindings are put under more abuse than normal. Otherwise it seems like a sensible feature