Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
So about 6 weeks ago, the idea was posed (on dallaswakeboarding.com) that we have a back roll night. Marty from Waterski Boats Dallas said he would take out up to 5 riders that wanted to learn the BR and he would give instruction. He wanted to make it a series teaching a new trick every week, but we have had crappy weather on Thursday nights up until last night.

I started trying the HSBR last season and never was able to land it. I went out last night with Marty and a couple of guys from his shop (the other 6-7 people that wanted in could not make it) and we took out the dealership's demo 24SSV. Since everyone else bailed, I was the only one there to learn the HSBR and tried it twice before I took a bad shot to the ribs and called it a night.

This was a really cool night for me, just to get some instruction and even though I was only able to try twice, Marty really explained it well and I think I can land it after just a few more tries after I heal up. I just wanted to let everyone know how cool it was of Marty to offer this up and give some of his time to anyone who wants to learn.

Click the link for pics of us riding (none of me) and the wake with STOCK ballast behind the 24. The wake on the 24 is HUGE and it always puts a big smile on my face.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BirdDog0347/BackrollNight