Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (nevada_champ)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-22-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
what's up with a lot of the west side riders moving to florida and places like that? most of the board co.s are based on the west coast aren't they? wouldn't you have a better chance of getting sponsored on the west coast?
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       11-22-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Two Words- Warm Water!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-22-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
florida is the wake capital of the world. longer summer. water stays warmer. and anyone who is anything in the sport spend a majority of their time over there. it is easier picking up sponsors on the west coast because theres less people riding here so you get more attention. for every sponsored rider here on the west there is probably about at least 10 of equal talent over there that no one even knows
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-22-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Seem like big wake areas are california and flordia
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-22-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Longer riding season, more exposure, better riders to train with.
Old    benj_t            11-22-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
florda just has the biggest wakeboard scene with tons of lakes and like 2 cables down there. and u can ride all year long...
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-22-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
Florida is definitely the wakeboard capital of the world like Callen said. Most of the pros aren't even from there originally, but once they figure out they have talent above the average guy, and they decide to make a career out of riding, moving to FL is the best move to make. They get to ride with all the current pros who live out there and they get to ride pretty much year round like people have already mentioned. I agree that California is 2nd place for riding behind FL, but the one big difference I see between the 2 states is that you have the badass tournament riders that live in FL, and Cali has a lot of riders who focus more on style and free riding rather than winning the pro tour stops. Bottom line, a good rider can come from anywhere but the majority end up in FL.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-22-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
Cal me a weezle but I would be nervous riding in Florida with all the stuff I see on Crocs or Alligators or whatever you guys have down there. I mean do you guys ever seem them where you ride? Doesn;t it bother you?
Old    benj_t            11-23-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
the gators dont bother you at all. the only way they bother is if your near their nest or if your messin with them or feedin em. and dont swim at night cause thats probably not the best idea. or if you ride at like OWC or somethin, theres no gators there.