Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
This is moving beyond pathetic now... Trump orders his name to appear on the memo line of the stimulus checks! Which actually causes delays in them being sent out. His vanity is now literally sustaining economic hardship for Americans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...i0fasX19hVc6M4
Lol that is funny. I mean ya, if that’s true and it really caused any delay, that’s pretty bad, but I’m betting you’re just parroting libtard media lie #3,090,666,007 for the year. In other words, more fake news from the propaganda wing of your party: the mainstream media.

That said, if it’s totally true, that’s a pretty ballsy move- which shows he’s got more in the tank than the rest of us know and he’s willing to burn it openly.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2020, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Lol that is funny. I mean ya, if that’s true and it really caused any delay, that’s pretty bad, but I’m betting you’re just parroting libtard media lie #3,090,666,007 for the year. In other words, more fake news from the propaganda wing of your party: the mainstream media.

That said, if it’s totally true, that’s a pretty ballsy move- which shows he’s got more in the tank than the rest of us know and he’s willing to burn it openly.
Seems true, it's being widely reported.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachels.../#d127dfe0c15b

Not unexpected, Trump loves slapping his name on other people's work.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
LOL, that is so funny. Mark thinks Trump is a leader of some team which includes him. Newsflash, Trump is a malignant narcissist, the thinks about nothing but himself. Trump "Draining the swamp" is hilarious. Here is a photo of Trump being the common man and thinking deeply about how to help the working class.
What? A simple family together. What’s wrong with that? I’m sure he just got home from his lawn mowing job and she just got home from her strawberry picking job. Just your average salt of the earth people trying to squeak by like the rest of us.

I especially love how two out of three toy cars Barron has there are limos.

Seriously, Trump IS on my team. The team that stomps libtard causes, policies and ideas in the ground. His narcissism aside, he’s doing what I hired him to do. The added bonus of him pissing off you and your butt buddies is like extra frosting on the cake.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seems true, it's being widely reported.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachels.../#d127dfe0c15b

Not unexpected, Trump loves slapping his name on other people's work.
The treasury department was quoted in both articles saying there was “no delay whatsoever” so it’s not even a story.

This is nothing more than the left flinging chit and hoping it sticks to their stupid base.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-15-2020, 1:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
The treasury department was quoted in both articles saying there was “no delay whatsoever” so it’s not even a story.

This is nothing more than the left flinging chit and hoping it sticks to their stupid base.
Yes, the Treasury department = Mnuchin, Trump's toady. Mnuchin and Trump lie on the daily - what would you expect Treasury to say? They are the ones making the absurd request.

I know Trumplover faux-christian brains have trouble with basic reading comprehension, but as you'll notice in the articles the IRS are the ones who actually cut the checks.

"According to multiple IRS officials, this decision will delay the issuance of paper checks as the IRS information technology team needs to make a programming change before the checks are passed to the Bureau of Fiscal Service for printing and issuing. Chad Hooper, national president of the IRS's Professional Managers Association, told The Washington Post that “any last minute request like this will create a downstream snarl that will result in a delay.”"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shaharz.../#32306bef6180
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2020, 1:09 AM Reply   
Very cool!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 1:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, the Treasury department = Mnuchin, Trump's toady. Mnuchin and Trump lie on the daily - what would you expect Treasury to say? They are the ones making the absurd request.

I know Trumplover faux-christian brains have trouble with basic reading comprehension, but as you'll notice in the articles the IRS are the ones who actually cut the checks.

"According to multiple IRS officials, this decision will delay the issuance of paper checks as the IRS information technology team needs to make a programming change before the checks are passed to the Bureau of Fiscal Service for printing and issuing. Chad Hooper, national president of the IRS's Professional Managers Association, told The Washington Post that “any last minute request like this will create a downstream snarl that will result in a delay.”"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shaharz.../#32306bef6180
“NO DELAY WHATSOEVER.” What does that mean to you? Check your own comprehension skills, pal. I don’t trust the libtards that work for the IRS.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2020, 1:45 AM Reply   
Dont believe you or anyone in the administration.

"According to multiple IRS officials, this decision will delay the issuance of paper checks as the IRS information technology team needs to make a programming change before the checks are passed to the Bureau of Fiscal Service for printing and issuing."
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 1:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Dont believe you or anyone in the administration.

"According to multiple IRS officials, this decision will delay the issuance of paper checks as the IRS information technology team needs to make a programming change before the checks are passed to the Bureau of Fiscal Service for printing and issuing."
That’s their stated OPINION and prediction. Not a fact. I still don’t trust them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 1:50 AM Reply   
Most IRS officials are known libtards who love to go after and screw with people they don’t agree with. See: Obama presidency.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2020, 1:58 AM Reply   
Sounds like you have an opinion there, kiddo.
wHAt aBOuT tHE FaCks!?!?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 2:10 AM Reply   
Like I said, see: Obama presidency. You were probably busy getting a neck tattoo and eating Tide Pods when the IRS scandal happened.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-15-2020, 2:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Like I said, see: Obama presidency. You were probably busy getting a neck tattoo and eating Tide Pods when the IRS scandal happened.
The scandal that wasn't lol. Yada yada Ben Ghazi, buttery males, waaaah waaaah. Don't forget the tan suit!!!

https://www.newsweek.com/remember-ir...l-along-681674
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 2:36 AM Reply   
Tedros, YOU’RE FIRED. -Trump
https://www.newsweek.com/who-funds-w...budget-1497968

So funny. Can’t wait to see the libtards freak out over this. You know, the same idiots that think a mentally ill, angry 16 year old is a climate expert.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 2:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
The scandal that wasn't lol. Yada yada Ben Ghazi, buttery males, waaaah waaaah. Don't forget the tan suit!!!

https://www.newsweek.com/remember-ir...l-along-681674
What is the headline over the article you posted? answer: “OPINION”
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2020, 3:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
I almost forgot how well that silver-tongued satan could put frosting on a turd with his words.
markj likes to eat his turds without frosting.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2020, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:

Even if it doesn't cause a delay, isn't it weird he requires his name printed on it?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Even if it doesn't cause a delay, isn't it weird he requires his name printed on it?
Meh. I think it’s actually funny. He’s a package deal. Can’t get too picky about every little thing. This is little thing is just another excuse for libs’ fake outrage. It’s like a TDS booster shot of sorts. Do we know Trump is the one who asked to have his name on the checks? Fun to watch the lib media put on their vomit faces as they talk about it. I genuinely have fun watching them so sick about it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-15-2020, 9:54 AM Reply   
More maga minions out to spread Covid amongst themselves. iq45 sigh

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2020, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
More maga minions out to spread Covid amongst themselves.
Darwinism at work.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2020, 1:14 AM Reply   
I think we’ve got no more than a couple of weeks before this type of thing becomes commonplace nationwide.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 3:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think we’ve got no more than a couple of weeks before this type of thing becomes commonplace nationwide.

Then I guess a few weeks after that we will get to test the public health folks’ hypotheses about the impact of public gatherings at this point in the outbreak cycle.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2020, 3:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Then I guess a few weeks after that we will get to test the public health folks’ hypotheses about the impact of public gatherings at this point in the outbreak cycle.
Agreed.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2020, 3:49 AM Reply   
Does anyone here know anybody that has the Kung Flu? My cousin’s father-in-law (who I don’t know) is in the hospital with it, but that’s as close as it’s gotten to me. If I did the math correctly, in Cali, about 1 out of every 1,750 people has it. I wonder how those odds compare to the likelihood of getting into a car accident.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Does anyone here know anybody that has the Kung Flu? My cousin’s father-in-law (who I don’t know) is in the hospital with it, but that’s as close as it’s gotten to me. If I did the math correctly, in Cali, about 1 out of every 1,750 people has it. I wonder how those odds compare to the likelihood of getting into a car accident.
yeah my wife's coworker and her husband both got it. He was in Park City in the first week of March.
She got it from him. They have both since recovered. My wife is an essential employee so had to be tested because of personal interaction with the coworker a few days before her positive test (wife was negative, whew).
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
More maga minions out to spread Covid amongst themselves. iq45 sigh

Yep, because this is not an issue at all. Wonder when we are going to hear of all the Costco shoppers dead in the streets? Probably not, because it isn't happening.

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-16-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Sounds good. Time to restart Trump rallies!
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-16-2020, 7:06 AM Reply   
Dalta is that you? haha... j/k man. (seen at Michigan "rally")
Attached Images

Last edited by onlyinboards; 04-16-2020 at 7:07 AM. Reason: ......
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-16-2020, 7:07 AM Reply   
Obviously people are antsy to get back to work and some semblance of "normal." The question is just what will that look like - some level of social distancing will become the norm I would think - and the real question is WHEN will testing be widespread enough and provide quick/immediate results, as that is critical.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Yep, because this is not an issue at all. Wonder when we are going to hear of all the Costco shoppers dead in the streets? Probably not, because it isn't happening.
https://kjzz.org/content/1485476/pho...s-toilet-paper

So you realize that picture from Arizona is from March 14, right? Before Arizona imposed social distancing guidelines. And right before cases increased significantly there.

I know at my local costco folks are not standing close together like that at all anymore. Are they at your local costco?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
https://kjzz.org/content/1485476/pho...s-toilet-paper

So you realize that picture from Arizona is from March 14, right? Before Arizona imposed social distancing guidelines. And right before cases increased significantly there.

I know at my local costco folks are not standing close together like that at all anymore. Are they at your local costco?
You do realize that I can take that exact picture at every costco in the Bay Area every day. I could also take a similar picture at Bev Mo last friday when I drove by there. or at Winco. Or at Safeway at least a couple weeks ago every morning as people were rushing to get chicken and crapper paper. Only differnce at costco is they usually have a cart in between each other in line.

This is just not last month. You really think standing 6 feet apart for hours is not exposing you? During a sneeze, atomized particulate can travel over 13 ft. Then you also have air flow in an outdoor environment so the non atomized has a chance to spread and get contact contamination in your cart.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 04-16-2020 at 8:09 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2020, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yep, because this is not an issue at all. Wonder when we are going to hear of all the Costco shoppers dead in the streets? Probably not, because it isn't happening
Most of the country in lock down and 2,000 people a day still dying. "Not an issue at all" Don't forget delta is "Pro life" or something.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds good. Time to restart Trump rallies!
We already know who we are voting for.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
You do realize that I can take that exact picture at every costco in the Bay Area every day.
Please do, and share here! I'd be very surprised if that's how people were queuing up now, given how the hillbillies in Nevada are doing it, but I've been surprised before.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most of the country in lock down and 2,000 people a day still dying. "Not an issue at all" Don't forget delta is "Pro life" or something.
Country is not in lock down. Quit reading the news. New Yorks democrat leadership told them to go out and live their lives.

I obviously do not have much of a life. Except for work, I have been to every single place that I go to every week that I have for the last 10 years.

We have 31,000 deaths in the US attributed to the virus. Does not mean it was actually verified, it was attributed. There also may be a financial incentive to call it death by COVID 19 due to the billing prices the hospitals can charge. Otherwise, it would simply be death by pneumonia or some other cause.

So what does not wanting to murder babies by the millions and funding a genocidal policy that was orginally designed to suppress the black population have anything to do with this? you sound more like a barrel throwing monkey to me at this point.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Please do, and share here! I'd be very surprised if that's how people were queuing up now, given how the hillbillies in Nevada are doing it, but I've been surprised before.
If I drive the 30 minutes for nothing, I will. Can to you please tell me how this magic 6 feet while being exposed in the wind for hours is going to keep the hundreds a day from catching this? We science deniers need some of those so called facts.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
BTW, 8000 people die in the US daily regardless. Yes, my beliefs in not funding nazi style extermination programs certainly changes that as well.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
If I drive the 30 minutes for nothing, I will. Can to you please tell me how this magic 6 feet while being exposed in the wind for hours is going to keep the hundreds a day from catching this? We science deniers need some of those so called facts.
Well, Delta, as I'm sure you know, that's why more people wearing masks is helpful (not to protect the mask wearer from others, but to protect others from the mask wearer) and also why you are advised to wash your hands and not touch your face. Are you 100% assured of not being exposed if using those guidelines? No of course you aren't. You want to stay safe? Stay home.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
BTW, 8000 people die in the US daily regardless. Yes, my beliefs in not funding nazi style extermination programs certainly changes that as well.
Is your point that if 25% more people than normal start dying on the regular, that it's no big deal?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is your point that if 25% more people than normal start dying on the regular, that it's no big deal?
Prove to me that 25% more than the regular have died? The label does not prove they died from COVID. I am sure their is a subset of that, but did they test them or did they simply say that it was similar symptoms? On the other side of this, the math does not add up. we have 31000 total attributed deaths in the US since February. I am pretty sure that is not 2000 a day for starters. Closer to maybe 500 hundred a day out of 330 million and of those, I am sure a decent portion of them were only labeled as that and not confirmed. There was a doctors article I read where they get to charge 3 times the amount for treatment if it is for COVID vs the flu or other virus. Usually if someone died of pneumonia, they write pneumonia not by a virus. So with a financial benefit, I am skeptical of all of those being COVID cases.

We got a briefing this morning that the testing in general is almost a coin flip. In order to actually get a accurate reading they have to get a sample from way, way up in your sinus cavity or get spitum from the bottom of your lungs. Anything else is just a protein test that says you may have dead virus on or in your system. That could also be from standing in line at Costco where if you happen to get some airborne virus on you or in you that may have died due to drying out for instance.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-16-2020, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well, Delta, as I'm sure you know, that's why more people wearing masks is helpful (not to protect the mask wearer from others, but to protect others from the mask wearer) and also why you are advised to wash your hands and not touch your face. Are you 100% assured of not being exposed if using those guidelines? No of course you aren't. You want to stay safe? Stay home.
I have not stayed home. I do what I normally do. I go to the store when I need to. We get deliveries all the time and I bring them in the house. Will we get it? who knows. I pretty much believe I had it in January but who knows.

Only the N95 mask protects you to a certain degree. Other masks are really only saving your from touching your mouth and nose from a contact infection. your home made mask is not helping you from an airborne. Maybe a little bit of keeping you from spitting on things for more contact contamination. Point is, the 6 feet thing is only for casual passing exposure to one another. If you are going to be 6 feet for periods of time, you really need a N95 and maybe safety glasses.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have not stayed home. I do what I normally do. I go to the store when I need to. We get deliveries all the time and I bring them in the house. Will we get it? who knows. I pretty much believe I had it in January but who knows.

Only the N95 mask protects you to a certain degree. Other masks are really only saving your from touching your mouth and nose from a contact infection. your home made mask is not helping you from an airborne. Maybe a little bit of keeping you from spitting on things for more contact contamination. Point is, the 6 feet thing is only for casual passing exposure to one another. If you are going to be 6 feet for periods of time, you really need a N95 and maybe safety glasses.
Delta, like coughing in your elbow and sneezing in a kleenex, general pop masks are not for the wearer, they are a courtesy for others. You are right, they won't protect the wearer from others. But they may protect others from the wearer.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2020, 9:43 AM Reply   
The White House has released its reopening guidelines.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...714-Guidelines

Thoughts?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2020, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have not stayed home. I do what I normally do
Typical right winger, selfish.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2020, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
The White House has released its reopening guidelines.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...714-Guidelines

Thoughts?
Looks pretty sensible to me. I like the scaled response tied to rate of cases.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2020, 7:00 PM Reply   
Dr Fauci isn't wrong
https://images.app.goo.gl/LzYpezFTd34EqoL48
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2020, 10:43 PM Reply   
^^^Haha
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 3:56 AM Reply   
Oh the irony.
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-17-2020, 4:08 AM Reply   
It couldn’t have taken you this long to figure that out, Mark?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 4:23 AM Reply   
Hey it’s a slow day here so someone had to post something. We’ve got standards here, you know?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 4:24 AM Reply   
Could it be that the left is not who they claim to be? Say it ain’t so!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 4:36 AM Reply   
Oh my goodness. So much truth in this. We’ve all witnessed the impulsive, TDS hatred spoken right here on WW. I would absolutely love it if Biden formed a shadow gov and revealed his dementia. It would be like going to a gaffe factory and seeing how they’re made.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trum...david-limbaugh
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-17-2020, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh my goodness. So much truth in this. We’ve all witnessed the impulsive, TDS hatred spoken right here on WW. I would absolutely love it if Biden formed a shadow gov and revealed his dementia. It would be like going to a gaffe factory and seeing how they’re made.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trum...david-limbaugh
That’s their stated OPINION and prediction. Not a fact. I still don’t trust them.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-17-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Oh no Markymark, they're writing about you again:

"Right-wingers love to talk a big game about how tough they are, compared to the avocado-toast-eating class, but what Wednesday's protest revealed was a bunch of spoiled brats ready to fall apart in the face of even the slightest inconvenience."

"Right-wing America have little sympathy for millions of their fellow citizens who face real hardship, but an endless amount of self-pity because they have to skip a fishing trip. No wonder they love Trump, a man who can't be bothered to care about Americans dying, but is in full-blown panic mode because he might not get re-elected."

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/16/mic...d-individuals/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are a typical left wing know nothing jacka$$. You do realize that I do what I have always done, is I am not some dude with a budget that is jet setting around. I would go to work, come home, go to work, come home, go to the store on the weekend, stay home, maybe go to the hardware store if I needed to fix something, go home.

you can F the F off rich boy. I guess I am the typical right wing person. I work for a living and hand over the rest in taxes or paying out the a$$ to afford a place to live and put food on the table while competing against left wingers like you.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Oh no Markymark, they're writing about you again:

"Right-wingers love to talk a big game about how tough they are, compared to the avocado-toast-eating class, but what Wednesday's protest revealed was a bunch of spoiled brats ready to fall apart in the face of even the slightest inconvenience."

"Right-wing America have little sympathy for millions of their fellow citizens who face real hardship, but an endless amount of self-pity because they have to skip a fishing trip. No wonder they love Trump, a man who can't be bothered to care about Americans dying, but is in full-blown panic mode because he might not get re-elected."

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/16/mic...d-individuals/
oh the good ol salon link. You are early faze left winger to be reading that trash. Wes got beyond that place even a few years ago.

Let me tell you something. There was a day when you leftist used to care about your rights. not today. You have gone full in with authoritarian globalism. You really need to check yourself.

you do realize that Michigan's governor has even outlawed gardening at their own homes among other things, right? You damn well better be glad that someone is standing up to that type of tyranny. using a virus that is going to impact maybe 1 to 2% of the population to completely trample every ones rights in mass is something that needs to be checked. You need to applaud that some people are actually going to challenge that unneeded authority especially in this case.

In California, there are actually churches who are finally suing the state and good for them. Liquor stores and pot sellers are in business still, but churches are not allowed to stay open if they maintain safe guidelines?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, again with your dip sh$t opinion. How about the facts. The country is not completely shut down. There are many buinesses that are open that just happen to force every type of person in the the same few locations to get food and other needed services. There are boxes being delievered from all these distributors that go from house to house from business to business and we are not all dying. how about actually addressing the facts of the matter instead of popping off with your drum throwing monkey a$$ opinion of who I am.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-17-2020, 6:59 AM Reply   
Hey delta I just finished a “book” (lol audiobook so I can “read” and mow the lawn at the same time). It’s called Hillbilly Elligy by JD Vance. Have you heard of it? I think you might really like it and it hits on lots of topics we have discussed here over the years. Maybe it’s your Indiana ties but it made me think of you and I was really wondering what you’d think of it.

Check it out if you get the chance. Audiobook is an easy listen and if your local library is like mine you can probably borrow a digital copy without having to even visit the library in person.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Delta, like coughing in your elbow and sneezing in a kleenex, general pop masks are not for the wearer, they are a courtesy for others. You are right, they won't protect the wearer from others. But they may protect others from the wearer.
Possibly. They also used to think if they wore bird masks with fragarance in the end, it would protect them from the plague. You are better off by limiting dwell time, don't touch your face and washing your hands. That is pretty much the 90% solution from what I have seen. makes since as these are also pretty much the exact same processes for nuclear workers and clean room workers for the most part with minor tweaks.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hey delta I just finished a “book” (lol audiobook so I can “read” and mow the lawn at the same time). It’s called Hillbilly Elligy by JD Vance. Have you heard of it? I think you might really like it and it hits on lots of topics we have discussed here over the years. Maybe it’s your Indiana ties but it made me think of you and I was really wondering what you’d think of it.

Check it out if you get the chance. Audiobook is an easy listen and if your local library is like mine you can probably borrow a digital copy without having to even visit the library in person.
I need to get more audio books. I usually listen to sports talk on the commute with the occasional politics. I did get Tony Dungy's audio book once and it was pretty cool listen.

I will have to look up your book. When I read anymore it is usually technical manuals, psychology type books, or links from you guys on here.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-17-2020, 7:09 AM Reply   
Hillbilly Elegy was a good read.

And yes, there are definitely "essential" businesses that are currently open. Including WWE wrestling, DEFINITELY an essential business by any definition right? Oh wait, maybe it has to do with the millions spent on Trump...

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...ess-in-orlando
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:

Looks to be an interesting read. Just from the preface, it seems to touch on the subjects that even people like Bruce Springsteen would sing about. My Home Town for instance. John Cougar Meloncamp (sp?) singing about these things. The rust belt was actually the rich people compared to where I was from but their industries dried up from the steel industry. I remember my mom talking about the time of the fuel lines in the 70's and other things. Turns out in our area, it was not even an issue. They used to have refineries and oil in our back yard for the most part. Just a different view of the world. Indiana people would seem to vote democrat locally and republican nationally for the longest time before al this recent times.

So what is your take away from your book? Why are you driven to figure out why Trump won?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hillbilly Elegy was a good read.

And yes, there are definitely "essential" businesses that are currently open. Including WWE wrestling, DEFINITELY an essential business by any definition right? Oh wait, maybe it has to do with the millions spent on Trump...

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...ess-in-orlando
And so. They can control the volume of people. Why are weed stores essential? Why is the governor of kalifornia making a pledge to give illegals aid money?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-17-2020, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
I need to get more audio books. I usually listen to sports talk on the commute with the occasional politics. I did get Tony Dungy's audio book once and it was pretty cool listen.

I will have to look up your book. When I read anymore it is usually technical manuals, psychology type books, or links from you guys on here.
I am feeling your missing sports talk, im a sports talk junkie for sure. Its not the same w/o sports. Im done with their talking about TV shows, music and nothing at all. Forces me to listen to more right wing wackos on the AM dial. Damn.

Last edited by 95sn; 04-17-2020 at 7:21 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I am feeling your missing sports talk, im a sports talk junkie for sure. Its not the same w/o sports. Im done with their talking about TV shows, music and nothing at all. Forces me to listen to more right wing wackos on the AM dial. Damn.
I am learning to do without both to be honest with you. I don't watch political shows and certainly not listening to any. If the TV is on, I am always on NFL network but mostly watching the heck out of the home type show. Love the ones where they buy the lake or beach finds, refurb beach houses or those outragious swimming pool builds. Also reading up on the superbowlnation websites. Check in on my Colts daily. Loving that trade for Buckner from the niners.

Getting ready to start doing some Argentinian and/or Santa Maria style BBQing. getting a proper grill for the style of cooking and that is pretty much call my fun budget.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-17-2020, 7:43 AM Reply   
My consumption of the news has gone down a lot too. But I’ve ripped through about 30 hrs of audiobooks (at 1.5 speed because I am impatient like that) since the great hiatus.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:

Looking at more of the preface of the book.

I do have issue with this part of the preface:

Quote:
Vance’s grandparents, aunt, uncle, sister, and, most of all, his mother, struggled profoundly with the demands of their new middle-class life, and were never able to fully escape the legacy of abuse, alcoholism, poverty, and trauma so characteristic of their part of America. Vance piercingly shows how he himself still carries around the demons of their chaotic family history.
While there is trauma with poverty and so on, they write it like they only people in middle America are the ones to experience it. Every hollywood talk show is filled to the rafters with coastal elites being raped, drug addiction and so on. They have the same issues as fly over people.

One thing that makes me wonder is most black people out here are shocked when a white person talks about being poor because they have been taught that white people lived like leave it to beaver. main thread that I get is coastal elite whites seem to believe they have the answers and all the rest of the people are screwed up. Maybe, it is the coastal elites that are screwed up and the rest of the people are the normal people. Instead of digesting books on why people would vote for someone like Trump, maybe ask yourselves why would you vote for authoritarian globalists.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 8:03 AM Reply   
Asians... So funny.
Attached Images

Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-17-2020, 8:04 AM Reply   
Digging some house-flipping shows too.
Liked this one meme that pitched a DIY show called "Eww" which is just me going to random peoples houses, pointing out everything I dont like and, anticlimactically, just leaving. Thought that was funny.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-17-2020, 8:05 AM Reply   
@mark....the smell, just, no.....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
oh the good ol salon link. You are early faze left winger to be reading that trash. Wes got beyond that place even a few years ago.

Let me tell you something. There was a day when you leftist used to care about your rights. not today. You have gone full in with authoritarian globalism. You really need to check yourself.

you do realize that Michigan's governor has even outlawed gardening at their own homes among other things, right? You damn well better be glad that someone is standing up to that type of tyranny. using a virus that is going to impact maybe 1 to 2% of the population to completely trample every ones rights in mass is something that needs to be checked. You need to applaud that some people are actually going to challenge that unneeded authority especially in this case.

In California, there are actually churches who are finally suing the state and good for them. Liquor stores and pot sellers are in business still, but churches are not allowed to stay open if they maintain safe guidelines?
You can’t garden on your own property there??? Dang. That is some serious authoritarian overreach there! I’m actually just now building my own new garden today. I can’t imagine what I’d do if someone told me I couldn’t do that.

What’s up with Ralph? He’s been pokin the bear like a little biatch for awhile now. I think he needs some attention.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-17-2020, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am learning to do without both to be honest with you. I don't watch political shows and certainly not listening to any. If the TV is on, I am always on NFL network but mostly watching the heck out of the home type show. Love the ones where they buy the lake or beach finds, refurb beach houses or those outragious swimming pool builds. Also reading up on the superbowlnation websites. Check in on my Colts daily. Loving that trade for Buckner from the niners.

Getting ready to start doing some Argentinian and/or Santa Maria style BBQing. getting a proper grill for the style of cooking and that is pretty much call my fun budget.
All ya need delta is a 55 gallon steel drum, a Sawzall, old piano hinge, a welder and some heavy screen. And Tri-tips.

I think I spent too long in Real Estate industry. Just cant enjoy any of the flipping shows, like the car shows, that shiz does not get done in two weeks, does not get done that cheap and doesnt raise the price that much. I have cut my TV habits by 2/3 rds. Im still sanding everyday. Finished the last of the welding yesterday. More primer, more sanding. Getting there.
Anyone else need a haircut? I may breakout the electric shears and get buzzed this weekend, then im gonna buzz my hair.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-17-2020, 8:31 AM Reply   
yeah I'm coming on a month overdue for a haircut. probably gonna cave and let my wife give me a haircut that I wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing. Luckily that's not a problem right now...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2020, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
What’s up with Ralph? He’s been pokin the bear like a little biatch for awhile now. I think he needs some attention.
Haven't been able to ride my bike for 3 weeks, winding up rightwing numpties is my only form of entertainment left. Fingers crossed we are out of hard lockdown Thursday.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-17-2020, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
yeah I'm coming on a month overdue for a haircut. probably gonna cave and let my wife give me a haircut that I wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing. Luckily that's not a problem right now...
Ask for a mullet.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ask for a mullet.
Just shave it. That is all I do now.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-17-2020, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
All ya need delta is a 55 gallon steel drum, a Sawzall, old piano hinge, a welder and some heavy screen. And Tri-tips.

I think I spent too long in Real Estate industry. Just cant enjoy any of the flipping shows, like the car shows, that shiz does not get done in two weeks, does not get done that cheap and doesnt raise the price that much. I have cut my TV habits by 2/3 rds. Im still sanding everyday. Finished the last of the welding yesterday. More primer, more sanding. Getting there.
Anyone else need a haircut? I may breakout the electric shears and get buzzed this weekend, then im gonna buzz my hair.
Sounds like the UDS (ugly drum smoker). it has it's place. There is a meat market that uses that. Cook over the coals for 30 minutes for the smoke then cook in the ovens inside for the rest.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-17-2020, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Haven't been able to ride my bike for 3 weeks, winding up rightwing numpties is my only form of entertainment left. Fingers crossed we are out of hard lockdown Thursday.
rollers and zwift?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-17-2020, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just shave it. That is all I do now.
Im using the #3.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2020, 5:58 PM Reply   
#3 is for queers and steers. It’s either razor or #1. Otherwise you lose your man card. I’m sure yours is a fake anyway. Have fun, you #3 fairy!