Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Hey I have a question,
I'm kind of stuck on my Dryer vent. Take a look at the drawings I did and tell me what you think. The electric dryer is located on the other side of the house where venting it is not a real option. The only Option I have is to run a long line under the house.

The question comes in Should I or Do have to run a dryer booster fan to help exhaust the lint ect. Im hearing the rule of thumb is 25 foot max vent pipe and subtract 5 foot for every 90 bend. So that leaves me short.One expert said if I run 4 inch metal pipe I will be fine with the 30 foot run and two 90's

Dryer vent fans are $188 at home depot and need a bit of work I don't mind doing it if its a must but If I don't have to I would rather not. Let me know what you think.

If you have not heard of (like me) dryer vent fans they are inline fans designed to push the moist air and lint threw the line and help keep your vent clog free and your dryer running efficient. The longer the vent and the more bends you have the easier it its to have lint build up and potential blockage and even fire
Attached Images