Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-19-2017, 4:59 PM Reply   
For any of you with experience with these two boards which would you recommend? They both look amazing and seem to be very similar but would love to hear from someone who has ridden one or both especially. Im just getting started surfing and want something I can orogress on and other newbies on the boat can enjoy as well. I had at first leaned towards the nubstep since it's labeled as a hybrid so I thought it would spin easier etc. the more I read on the Neo it seems it's a good all around surf board with skim capability as well hunt the blunt nose is a little more forgiving than the sharp nose of tube nubstep. Help me figure this out lol!
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       04-20-2017, 5:03 AM Reply   
Own both. Neither are skim boards. I prefer the NEO over the Nubstep but honestly they ride very similar. I just prefer the blunt nose over the point. Great board in my opinon
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-20-2017, 10:06 AM Reply   
Neither board is a skim board or vaguely hybrid. They are surf style boards. The nub has some attributes that are a little more skimmish, ie harder bottom rails towards the nose. Wide cut off noses are generally not more forgiving, in fact they tend to pearl more because once they get water coverage it is harder to recover, think of it like trying to lift a shovel up through the water. The primary reason you see so much flip in the nose on squared of boards.

I'd reccomend a you take a look at a Sixer.

Nick
Old     (kjswensen)      Join Date: Mar 2015       04-21-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
I have ridden both and own the Nubstep. LOVE both boards. You wont go wrong with either board. Beginners will probably not notice the difference between the two boards. I run quad fins and the board has a ton of drive and pops out of the water with ease. Make sure to get the board that will support your weight. They are super buoyant so light weight riders will have a hard time on a big board.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-12-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Go with the Neo. I have ridden both and the Neo is a little more user friendly. As said above, neither are skim or, IMO, even close to it. Both however are EXCELLENT surf style boards! I ended up with the Nubstep myself and I will say, it can be VERY aggressive, especially with the nubster fins in the rear. I took those out and now really enjoy the board. I will also add that you can tend to be very aggressive with the Nubstep and not have to worry about pearling that much. It just pops back out. But when it sets a rail/edge...it goes!
Old     (macpres)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-14-2017, 5:38 PM Reply   
We have a neo standard and nubstep bamboo demo in stock if you want to save a bit of cash. Both are 4'-8" size. Pm me if you're interested. Both awesome boards used just a few times with original packaging
Old     (shaunnelson13)      Join Date: Jan 2016       05-26-2017, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpres View Post
We have a neo standard and nubstep bamboo demo in stock if you want to save a bit of cash. Both are 4'-8" size. Pm me if you're interested. Both awesome boards used just a few times with original packaging
I would be interested in a Demo nubstep if you have one.
Old     (macpres)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-26-2017, 10:44 AM Reply   
Ok, we have a 4'8 in color or bamboo I believe, which one do you prefer?
Old     (shaunnelson13)      Join Date: Jan 2016       05-26-2017, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpres View Post
Ok, we have a 4'8 in color or bamboo I believe, which one do you prefer?
I prefer bamboo depending on the price.
Old     (WakeSurf22)      Join Date: Dec 2016       05-26-2017, 7:51 PM Reply   
If you're looking to save a buck on a GREAT board, we have Blemish Doomswell Neo and Nubsteps available at NautiCurl.com. Various sizes and colors available and starting at $499, for a limited time code: SLAMMIT for an additional $50 off orders over $400.

Check out our Wake Shaper and FatSACs too!
Cheers!
Nauticurl.com
Attached Images