Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-12-2016, 6:26 AM Reply   
I am looking for recommendations on a wakesurfer. I consider myself an intermediate level surfer looking for a board that I can progress on. I am 230lbs, in my 40s have been more of a wakeboarder but I am making a transition to surfing now that I am getting older. I know this is not the best time of year to be asking this question but my plan is to get a lot of wakesurfing in next season and I want to get my ducks in a row. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       11-12-2016, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardcrazy View Post
I am looking for recommendations on a wakesurfer. I consider myself an intermediate level surfer looking for a board that I can progress on. I am 230lbs, in my 40s have been more of a wakeboarder but I am making a transition to surfing now that I am getting older. I know this is not the best time of year to be asking this question but my plan is to get a lot of wakesurfing in next season and I want to get my ducks in a row. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've got a 16 model inland surfer mucus. I'm 230 and it helped me progress a lot this year. I'd be willing to let it go for a great price if you were interested
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-12-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
Kenny,

In lieu of any other info aside from size, look at a 4'8" Sixer
http://chaossurfco.com/wakesurfboard...s-carbon-sixer

or 5'0" Ringer XL
http://chaossurfco.com/wakesurfboards/chaos-ringer-xl

Nick
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-13-2016, 8:31 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!

Adam, I might be interested but I need to do a little research on boards. I will get back to you on your offer. Thanks!

KennyMo
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-22-2016, 7:16 PM Reply   
When you begin its really a matter of preference.. boardshops are perfect to refer the perfect board for you. almost all seller that work in boardshops are passionate (that i know) haha. So they are the best advice you can get. Just tell him want you want and what you expect from your board or he will ask you and guide you.
First thing , for my opinion try to avoid skim boards. The heavier you are the harder it gets and you gonna have way much fun with a surfstyle or hybrid board.
Almost all big branded boards are great to progress with, dont be scared to put a little bit much money on a board if you want to keep it longer. Ronix koal for exemple is a really great board to begin and progress a lot with. And ot came on several height to pleasure any weight people. Probably go with a 5ft. If i were you. But i can name much more that does the same thing.. its really a matter of preference and budget. The taller the board is the less nervious it gonna be. But Its up to you if you want a stable board that ride calm or a small board that gonna be real quick and nervious.
Good luck!