Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       04-30-2017, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hey guys, just want to know want you all prefer in the pickup market.
I'm living in Canada so all prices gonna be in Canadian money.

I currently have a 2010 Chevy Avalanche LTZ. Yeah I know for some it's not a real "pickup truck" but honestly I love it. I live in the city and I'm a carpenter so it's the best truck I ever had for my needs.
I can't have a full crew cab and a 8ft bed in my building parking lot, it's too long. Avalanche was the only truck able to give me space to store 8ft. Material and only have a 5ft bed and a 4door cab. Perfect truck for the city.

But it approach 200 000kilo (125 000miles), some rust starting and i want to change for new or almost.

Bad thing is Avalanche doesn't exist anymore.
thinking about a 2013 escalade EXT. same truck frame but more luxury. Exactly what I'm searching but they are still around 50k for a 4years model with 50 000kilo (32 000miles).

So maybe I can go new with something different for almost the same price.
My needs are not very specific. Just need to tow my boat easily and my trailer that I use for work, NO Diesel engine.
So my choices stop by :

- 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500
like Chevy, the bed bars option remind me my avalanche. Never had big issues and honestly they tow better than ford for my personal experience.

- 2016 Ford F-150 splash edition or 2017 ecoboost
Don't know if I go with the v8 or the ecoboost, would like to hear some opinions but I really like the splash edition when I tested it last week with the 5.0L engine.
I love ford interior but I had a bad experience with a 2012 ecoboost. Drove it 2 weeks and missed my chevy after towing my trailer everyday. Never experienced the v8 tho.
And I am not big fan of the aluminum thing.

Or if someone have more ideas I'm open! Or if somebody knows if the open cab/bed like avalanche still exist somewhere haha..

Ain't mention GMC cause I prefer the Silverado and dodge because I just don't want a dodge.
And I want to stay American brand.

Thanks
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-30-2017, 9:30 AM Reply   
I have 2016 Chevy 1500 with double cab and short bed (5.5). It has the 5.3 engine with 1.42 gear...which gives it about 8,500 towing. I trailer my 2014 SV244 and with boat/trailer, gear and everything else, between 7200-7500lbs. I have already put about 24k miles on truck and really like it.... I have always had Chevy or GMC trucks and never had any major issues. Has no problem pulling boat, plenty of power (tho I do not go over 65-7-mph on hwy)...good brakes, etc. Also, that 6 speed transmission that Chevy uses is virtually bulletproof and has been out a long time and is proven.
I have heard good things about the Ford Ecoboost, but personally do not like Ford too much. I vote for Chevy or GMC. My last truck was 2013 GMC 1500 with same motor and everything else except I jacked it up 8", 35" tires, etc....EVEN with still pulling trailers and having the bigger tires (I installed chip, exhaust and intake)....that transmission still never had any issue. Put 120k miles on it between 2013 till early 2016 when I bought the Chevy. Never had a single issue with that truck and sold it to a close friend of mine who drives it every day. (He is a carpenter that subs work from me, I am a builder).
Good luck on search