Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       10-24-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
Can anyone recommend one? i don't like T handle ropes, looking for smaller triangle type. My main question is WHAT LENGTH?

i got a free rope with my first board purchase but its 16' and doesn't feel like it gives me enough to find the sweet spot on my wave.

Can someone tell me about surf rope lengths and what i should be looking for?
Old     (GSXRcrasher)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-25-2016, 8:44 PM Reply   
I have a Ronix surf rope that I like a lot. I'm pretty sure it came with a couple of short rope extensions and a heavy duty bungee section. We never used the bungee section but the handle is comfy and has held up pretty well. One thing to watch out for is the ends of the handle can start to break thru the rubber end caps when it is thrown back into the boat and then the handle can chip your gell coat. I have glued extra hydroturf pads to the end of mine to get some more use out of it when the handle pipe began to break thru.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-25-2016, 11:36 PM Reply   
I've had this rope for about 5 years now and it's by far my favorite. It has held up really well and still looks pretty new. (The orange one)
http://www.liquidforce.com/ropes-sue...surf-rope.html
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       10-26-2016, 4:54 AM Reply   
do you guys think 16' is too short?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
Depends on your boat. Grab a tape measure, and measure from your tow point to where you like to surf.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-26-2016, 7:55 AM Reply   
sounds pretty short. I think my LF rope is 20
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-26-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
I don't post here often, but O'Brien's 2017 Surf Ropes http://obrien.com/product/2017-pro-surf-rope/ have one of the take off sections made up of nothing but adjustment loops, so no matter what length you need you can dial the rope in to the exact length desired. It looks something like this (the green ovals represent the loops in the section):
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2016, 9:56 PM Reply   
^^^Are you sure you can take those apart in such short increments like that?
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       10-26-2016, 10:54 PM Reply   
^^ 25’ total line-length, with 3 5’ sections for 10’, 15’, 20’ and 25’ lengths
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2016, 7:24 AM Reply   
Yeah I didn't think you could adjust it in 6" sections like he's saying.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2016, 9:24 AM Reply   
You can't take it apart every loop, but you can hook any of the loops to your tower. Trust me, the website is incorrect (getting that fixed BTW ).... I designed the rope.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
You may not like the t-handle, but I highly recommend it. Take it from a guy who's arm snapped when I fell with the small triangle handle. I've now got a titanium fork in my arm
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-23-2016, 10:49 AM Reply   
^^^ That is the reason I run a Comptech trick release. http://www.skyski.com/product-p/65-0800.htm It's still entirely possible to get caught in the rope, not just the handle. I see foolishness with the rope and wakesurfing all the time. People just tossing it to the other side of the wake, coiling the rope while riding and hanging onto it, putting your arm through the handle. All of them stupid. I make sure my riders don't do any of them. **** still happens though and that is why I run the trick release. People drop $700 on new boards all the time but hardly anybody will drop that on a safety item.