Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-14-2004, 9:16 PM Reply   
I just got Premiere Pro, here is what the interface looks like if anybody cares.

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-14-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
ughh - time to get a new theme for that there xp boy! ;)

have you been using 6.5? i love pro. can't go wrong with it. guess will be seeing a sequel to delta sessions then eh?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-15-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
That looks pretty cool. How long does it take to get the hang of it and make something simple with music?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2004, 5:50 AM Reply   
I like the picture on the right!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-15-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
Chris: yes I have been using 6.5 but just got Pro last night.
David: It does not take long, there are tutorials all over the web and also the tutorial within the program itself.
Rich: How did you get in that shot :-)? That day was fun, can't wait till summer.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-15-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
as long as we're showing, here's my interface...

premiere
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
Oooh look at all those video tracks! I still like Arun's better!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-15-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
hmmmmm, I'm a little behind on my adobe upgrades, but I'll share anyway.

After Effects 5.5

Premiere 6.5
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
Now I'm getting dizzy!

Please, no more After Effects timelines - I'll have a seizure.

And Chris, you gonna let him show you up like that? Let's see your Keyframe action!

(Let me see If I can just find my Advanced Motion Graphics with Trish Meyer CD I'll put you all to shame!)

You guys are making this way too complicated, remember film school - simple cuts, a dissolve here and there, let the pictures tell the story . . . .

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-15-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
lol! i just got the latest version of AE installed the other night. haven't even opened it up yet - too scared to. i've never used AE before so im very intimidated and that $(#$%&*@!! screenshot didn't help!!

actual rich my timeline is basically almost cuts only - it's a two camera shoot of chris williams and that section in the screenshot is mostly just cutting back and forth with quick fades for blends.

the extra letterbox graphic is because one of the cameras from the shoot was mine, and i had the 16:9 going on in my camera, but the other was full app! so i had to create a letterbox so blending between the two shots didn't look goofy! fun fun.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-15-2004, 10:39 PM Reply   
Dramatic entrance...

Rich - lol.. I only went to the school of hard knocks so I have no idea what you're talking about?

Fade to black...

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-15-2004, 11:52 PM Reply   
hah. i was thinkin of showin ALL of you fools up, but right now im just too damn lazy to open up premiere pro, copy, resize, paste, upload attachment, click ok, make a post, then submit.

as you can see, i am skipping to the last two steps...
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-16-2004, 5:50 AM Reply   
Kung Fu Wake & Video, is that shot at the lagoon?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-16-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Scott - You're all talk and no editing.... j/k

Arun - Yup. Funny thing. I was checking out some pics on wakepics last night and I happen to stumble across your profile (in the top 15 members) and your latest member pics are of
Matt and Tony at the Lagoon. Did you take those?

Do you remember a video from about 3 years back titled "Whip Lash" or "Mission Impossible" (you didn't like the first version because the song had too much swearing..?)? Anyway, I put those videos together for my buddy Ryan Dahlheim who was working on your poon-jab web site. Small world.

Yeah, so the AE and Premiere screen shots are for a short video that I'm working on of Matt and Schwenne riding at the lagoon. I would of loved to have some footage of your riding as well! Maybe for the '04 video?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-16-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Yes, I took those pics of Matt and Tony.
I remember "whiplash", so you were the one that put it together? Ryan Dahlheim? Do you still talk to him? If so tell him I said what up.

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-16-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
Arun - Cool! Sweet pics! What camera did you use?

yup, That was on a 300 mhz laptop with premiere 4.0... boy was it slow. First attempts at editing too. I look at how I did the opening to that video and I laugh...

Yes, Ryan and I trade off web work once in a while. He does all the graphics and I do all the backend/database stuff. Cool, I'll pass the word on.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-16-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I used the Canon Rebel Digi cam. That was the first time I ever shot with it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-18-2004, 4:24 AM Reply   
Kung Fu Wake & Video: don't make me show you some video..... hahaha j/k
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2004, 6:06 AM Reply   
karate chop!
Old                02-19-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
WoW,
WoW,
Though,
I don't have screen shots of Pro, Since Ron does 95% of the editing for us. I do like the capabilities of Pro better then 6.5. Though I find it a little frustrating try to do some of the easier thing that took me seconds in 6.5 that takes me a little longer in Pro.

Jared Schassen
www.numbskullpro.com
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2004, 12:51 AM Reply   
The Fu just upgrade to Pro... ahh yeah!

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-24-2004, 2:01 AM Reply   
congrats! what, no interface pic? ;)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-25-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
alright. im bored.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-25-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
cStack - thanks. I'll have to work on getting a nice little something something posted...

Scott - nice shot, where's that at? Also is that your XL1 (from your profile pic)?

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-25-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
uggh. another standard xp skin. how can you guys look at that? :-)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-26-2004, 12:40 AM Reply   
Fu: it's shot at Bell Aqua with the XL-1 from my profile pic.