Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
If any one is looking for a good deal on Adobe Premiere Pro listen here. I bought one on e-bay for $235 it is an education version. Bought it from a guy in Hong Kong, it looks legite to me. I received my copy in 4 days. He also has other Adobe products on there. Anyway, I looked and at this moment he does not have Premiere Pro listed for sale. But I have a feeling he will agian soon, I think all the copys listed were bought with Buy It Now, and he will probably list another one soon.

Here is his e-bay ID, pather103

Check it out, and maybe save $500 on the program. Again I can't gurantee it's legit, but I am going to register it today and I will let you know if I run into any problems when I do. But the program seems to run just fine, and he has some good feedback from others.

Cheers
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-04-2003, 12:21 AM Reply   
Hong Kong... hmmmm maybe it's my brother.

Karate Chop!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-07-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
You can buy Premier Pro version 7 (download only... no manuals) for 74.95 from www.ibackups.net.

I think that's where I'm going to start.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-07-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
well that site is only for folks that already have registered copies...

from the legalese:

quote:

Guarantee & policies > Terms and Conditions

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. USE OF THIS WEB-SITE SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF OUR TERMS OF USE AND TO BE BOUND BY THE CONDITIONS OF SALE.

Important Information about This Legal Contract
Delivery
Credit Card Purchases
Credit Card Charge backs
Prices, Charges and Payment
Return Policy
International Duties/Taxes
Customer Data and Privacy
Terms of Software Use
Professional Service Indemnification
Consequential Damages
Reproduction
Terms of Service
Governing Law
Contacting iBackups.net

1. Important Information about This Legal Contract

1.1 This Sale Agreement is a legal contract between the Customer and iBackups.net. The Customer accepts this Sale Agreement by making a purchase, placing an order, or otherwise shopping on the Site. (References to "you" or "your" shall relate to the Customer; references to "www.ibackups.net" shall relate to iBackups.net, and its affiliates.) The terms and conditions of this Sale Agreement are subject to change without prior notice, except that the terms and conditions posted on the Site at the time the Customer initially places or modifies an order will govern the order in question. This Sale Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Customer and iBackups.net relating to the purchase or sale of goods or services on the Site. In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions stated on your order and this Sale Agreement or any terms and conditions on our invoice, you agree that the provisions of this Sale Agreement and our order shall control.

< to top

2. Delivery

2.1 All software purchases that are downloadable or designed for online use are typically made available to the customer immediately after a successful transaction (i.e. appropriate delivery address provided and payment made for the product), iBackups.net will provide confirmation of each purchase and delivery of the software via a confirmation screen on the web site and a confirmation email sent to the email address provided during checkout. While the delivery process is set up for instant transmission of the software access links, iBackups.net will not refund the purchase price of the software because of a delay in providing these access links, usernames and/or passwords and iBackups.net is not responsible for any delays in transmission due to web service outages or email delivery delays.

2.2 The software offered by iBackups.net is very simple to install, access and use. In all instances, complete instructions are provided covering the installation and access processes. Thus, all software is sold with the joint understanding that the customer possesses a basic knowledge of computer systems and software functionality. No returns will be accepted due to the inability of the user to understand and utilize the software because of a lack of knowledge of these basic computer functions. iBackups.net will attempt to resolve any problems as quickly and easily as possible.

2.3 If you are unsure of the content of any software product title, please contact us before purchasing the software. We are happy to help you verify that you are purchasing the right software which will meet your needs.

2.4 After product delivery, we cannot issue a refund. The software file(s) are on your computer and we cannot be sure it would be destroyed should you "return" the software title(s) to us. We must ensure that the companies/publishers/programmers receives the proper royalty for their work and ensure that their intellectual property is protected.

2.5 Custom orders and multiple software licenses cannot be returned for refund for any reason.

< to top

3. Credit Card Purchases

3.1 The term "credit card holder" as used in these terms and conditions is defined as the person or entity in whose name the credit card was issued by the bank or financial institution that appears on the credit card. When you complete an online purchase from www.ibackups.net using a credit card for payment, you agree to the following terms and conditions:

3.1.1 You are the credit card holder, a representative of the credit card holder or the credit card holder is aware you are making the purchase and has authorized you in advance to make the purchase using their credit card.

3.1.2 If you are not the credit card holder, you agree to notify the credit card holder of the purchase before making the purchase, and you guarantee to iBackups.net that you have made the credit card holder aware of the purchase in advance.

3.1.3 Should you have a problem with your purchase, you will contact iBackups.net to allow us to resolve the problem before contacting either the financial institution that issued the credit card or the credit card company.

3.1.4 To threaten a chargeback to alter purchase price after an order is placed is extortion; it is a felony and a Federal offense. Fraudulent use of credit cards will be investigated and reported to your local police, your local bank, our merchant service and the Federal Bureau of Investigations Department of Justice at www.IFCCFBI.gov. We will prosecute to the full extent of the law. All phone calls are time stamped and digitally recorded for quality control.

3.1.5 We do address verifications for every credit card. Orders that request delivery to an unverified address will require that we contact the actual owner of the credit card by phone. These phone numbers are obtained from sources other than the order itself.

3.1.6 An unauthorized credit card charge back after an order has been placed is known as friendly fraud or chargeback abuse, even if you are the owner of the card, it is theft and still fraud. We will dispute the chargeback with proof of delivery and, as required, file a report with the police and FBI.

3.1.7 Original orders processed in error, improper address, wrong phone number, declined or expired card, etc. will require that new order only be shipped to the billing address of the credit card.

3.1.8 We accept only those credit cards mentioned on the product ordering screens as the payment options for your purchase.

< to top

4. Credit Card Charge backs

4.1 iBackups.net is proud to say that we have never once had a customer rightfully chargeback a purchase made online on our website www.ibackups.net. However, we have been the victim of criminal or fraudulent charge backs. A criminal or fraudulent chargeback is when the credit card holder orders and receives products or services, then intentionally reverses the charge through their card-issuing bank stating that they did not place or receive the order. In almost all cases, the order is requested for delivery without a signature, as proof-of-delivery allows the merchant to successfully dispute the chargeback. Unfortunately, this new form of credit card fraud is becoming more common, and online/mail-order merchants who are unable to obtain a printed signature from the customer are the victims. Please note that charging back an order when that order was shipped and received is a theft. Fraudulent charge backs hurt honest customers by forcing online merchants to raise prices to cover cost or delay shipping when a request is made to ship without a signature.

4.2 We report all wrongful or fraudulent charge backs to your local police, your local bank, our merchant service and the Federal Bureau of Investigations Department of Justice at www.IFCCFBI.gov. Credit card fraud is a felony and we will aggressively prosecute anyone attempting to misuse a credit card number. We track every transaction and will use all means available to prosecute persons attempting fraud.

< to top

5. Prices, Charges and Payment

5.1 All prices are in U.S. Dollars. All credit card charges must be paid in U.S. dollars; www.ibackups.net reserves the right to change the prices of software sold on this web site at any time.

< to top

6. Return Policy

6.1 Because the products sold by iBackups.net are of a software nature, no returns of any software product sold will be accepted and no refunds will be granted. If we do decide or are forced to issue a refund or recieve a charge-back, your debt will be turned over to our collections department and you will be charged no more than one thousand dollars to cover our loss. The Purchaser of any software/product from www.ibackups.net understands and agrees that all software/product purchases and/or downloads are considered final purchases for which absolutely no refunds will be given or provided.

6.2 Further, Purchaser agrees and acknowledges that the Purchaser shall be solely responsible for and shall bear (and/or reimburse) iBackups.net for any chargeback fees issued to iBackups.net by or from any credit card company, merchant service or other source of payment that is initiated at the request of the Purchaser. Stated another way, should Purchaser request a refund or chargeback from any credit card company, merchant service or other source of payment on the purchase of iBackups.net software/product and should said card company, merchant or other source thereafter impose any fee or amount to www.ibackups.net at the request of said Purchaser for or as a result, Purchaser shall reimburse iBackups.net for the refund amount plus the said charge back fee or amount. By purchasing any software/product from www.ibackups.net, the Purchaser expressly authorizes iBackups.net to direct a payment/charge to made to Purchaser’s credit card account (the same being the credit card account used in the initial purchase of said software/product) in the amount of the said refund and charge back fee (or amount charged to www.ibackups.net for such refund).

< to top

7. International Duties/Taxes

7.1 iBackups.net is not responsible for any duties or value-added taxes that may be assessed by your local Customs office.

< to top

8. Customer Data and Privacy

8.1 During the transaction process, customer contact information and purchase history is collected by our systems. www.ibackups.net reserves the right to send relevant offers via email and postal mail to our customers using this contact data.

< to top

9. Terms of Software Use

9.1 You understand that in order for iBackups.net to make you a copy of any software, you acknowledge that you are the legal owner of this same software, and are looking to just make a new copy for archival (backup) purposes only. You also agree to destroy all copies of the software in the event it is ever no longer voluntarily in your possession. You understand that only the licensed owner (with a valid serial number, where applicable) of the various software found on iBackups.net may use the services located here. You also acknowledge that the software you have was obtained legally and that you have the legal right to request this backup copy to be made. If you obtained your version though any other means, including any pirated versions, or if you do not already legally own the same version of the software requested, then you may not use this service.

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-07-2004, 11:24 PM Reply   
Chris makes a good point. the last paragraph sums it up the best ( 9.1 )

Either way you will still need a valid serial #...

If you are lucky enough to know someone that works for adobe, you can get one hell of a deal on their software.

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2004, 12:29 AM Reply   
Chris always makes a good point, and this time a very long post.
KUNGDUDEFUVIDEO :-) You actually read that?

BTW: I-mesh+crack=Adobe premiere 6.5
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-08-2004, 1:01 AM Reply   
lol! i didn't realize i'd posted all that! i meant to just quote the first half of paragraph 9.1. didn't see that i'd done more than that until i got the email of jeremy talking about a long post. sorry 'bout that. fu is absolutely right - the most relevant part is that 9.1. paragraph.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-08-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
If you're into this kind of thing I would advise that you take advantage of this site before it get's shut down, there's no way this is legal. You'll notice no where do they mention that they have the authority of the SW mfgs to re-distribute their SW. Plus if you were already the legitimate owner of the SW you could replace a "lost" copy of most SW by buying a replacement disc for a lot less money than what these guys charge. If you don't believe me read the "terms of use" you agree to when you use commercial SW, it'll make the above legalese look like a short story. The creative way people come up with to rip off the mfgs and make it sound legal continues to amaze me!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-08-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
One more thing . . . the reason they spend so much time talking about credit card chargebacks is because they want you to think you'll be in big trouble if you "buy" the download and turn in a chargeback to your CreditCard Co. The bottom line is that if one did do that they would be #ucked because all you would have to do is tell your CC company they sold you illegal goods. It would then be up to them to prove otherwise. (which they wouldn't be able to do!)
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Jeremy - lol.. Being a "Used News Paper Salesman" provides me with a lot of time to read the small print.

Rich - I agree! After combing through their site trying to figure out how this could be legal I found this;

Q6 Is this considered software piracy?
A6 Absolutely NOT. We are providing a service protected under US Copyright law Section 117. This is completely legal and in no way are we breaking any Copyright laws.

http://www.ibackups.net/index.php?main=help&sub=faq&id=5

So I looked up US Copyright law Section 117
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html

Here is states that "Making of Additional Copy or Adaptation by Owner of Copy" The key part being "by Owner", so does ibackup have a license for each of these products?

As with anything, if it's too good to be true it's either a fake or illegal...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-10-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
Yep, you'll notice they didn't mention you having to prove your ownership of the SW to them before you downloaded it. C'mon, no one that legally owns any SW is going to pay for it again.
Old                01-11-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
try kazzaa they have it with serial numbers
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-11-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
"try kazzaa they have it with serial numbers"

Geeeez, is this #hit ever gonna stop!

( I hope you were being sarcastic!)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-29-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
i'd be surprised if this service is illegal. i just saw it co=opted on amazon.com:

amazon
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Screw Kazaa or eBay. mIRC! "I know a guy" that got Premiere Pro before it came out.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-02-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
The whole backup copies thing is total B.S. since Adobe will replace damaged media FOR FREE if you have a legally registered copy of their software.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-03-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
I didn't realize it was for those already registered until I read the fine print. I just bought a full copy from Adobe and said screw it. It's a good investment if you want professional results. I'm certainly no expert at any of this video stuff ... yet.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-11-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
No problems so far. I am looking for Adobe Encore next. Any ideas?