Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       07-31-2019, 6:35 AM Reply   
Hey guys, been thinking to change my current boat before the warranty ends (2016 Nautique 210)

Always liked Nautique maybe because it’s the only brand I never had any issues with all the time I keep them (3-4years) but that’s just a personal opinion.

Want to upgrade a bit from my 210 but still keeping under 22’ (lake restriction)
Ive looked other brands like Supra and really like it, but as I said I had 2 raptor engine and both kind of a little disappointment comparing to PCM.

Nautique isnt the best in wakesurfing now too, the NSS is a bit old school haha but in my own opinion any other brand have the style, fits/finish and «*prestige*» of SAN. Still a personal opinion.

But since 2016 CorrectCraft aquire Centurion and damn I fell in love with those boats!
All the good side of Nautique and all the tech of Centurion.
PCM engine etc.

Question is.. who have owned a 2016+ Centurion? Or have done a step from Nautique to Centurion?
Looking for reliability advice, etc.
Dont Know yet if I have the balls to turn away from Nautique.
Just a bit scared of buying another and be desapointef like I’ve done with Malibu and Tigé.
Since Ri 217 seems to be off now, I think the Fi could be a great comprise between my 210 and g21
Your thoughts?

Thanks !

Last edited by Mike88; 07-31-2019 at 6:38 AM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-31-2019, 1:42 PM Reply   
There's a Facebook group for supreme and centurion owners. Ive been on there for a while because ive been looking at both of those. Just basing it off what ive seen posted most people are pretty happy with them. The most common complaints ive seen fairly regularly are around the touchscreen and the paint on the tower. Funny you mention the PCM engine. Ive seen a fair amount of PCM engine issues in the group but in the supra/moomba group that mostly uses indmar raptor engines, I dont see nearly as many. I realize this is by no means a good way to judge reliability. I just found it surprising because you aren't the first to say the PCM was the better engine. It seems the raptor engine had a fair amount odd issues in thr beginning. I wonder if they fixed these issues since. Maybe someone else would know more on that.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-31-2019, 3:56 PM Reply   
Had a fi 23 last year and a fi25 this year.250 trouble free hours between the two so far. Love the fi series. Centurion just released a new series and now have a 22 foot boat available. It's the vi22 it's a mix between the ri exterior and fi interior
Attached Images

Last edited by h20king; 07-31-2019 at 3:59 PM.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-31-2019, 5:24 PM Reply   
https://youtu.be/KEshgFvtWnU
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-01-2019, 1:09 AM Reply   
You commented on the Raptor and honestly the raptor has been very solid. I run a 2019 raptor in my boat and haven't had a single issue. Its truly powerful. And supra in 2019 is the real deal. SC has made many strides with their boats. I haven't heard of many engine issues with the raptor. I have seen more with Ilmor to be honest which is used by MC. I too follow the same groups and forums as above.

that being said, i don't think there is a boat i would rather have over an SC other than Natique. Their styling and quality is 2nd to none. A SAN would be my dream boat but living in the midwest i just don't want to drop that kind of money for 3-4 months of use per year. I would make sure you are comfortable with the dealer network of Centurion as well. The dealer makes the sale not the mfg IMO. But people who have them seem to love the surf wake but the quality of craftsmanship may be lacking compared to a SAN. Haven't heard their fit and finish is anything to be amazed by.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-02-2019, 2:38 AM Reply   
Have played with and love both boats. Centurion has upped their game since being acquired by CC. Fit/finish etc... are great. I really like the G boats but as far as wakesurfing goes the wave is sort of a one trick pony. It's big, steep, and powerful but not very adjustable. I also view NSS as antiquated. For anything else the G boats are excellent and they have the Nautique build quality.

The Fi21 wave is incredible. The wave is super adjustable to fit the rider/style. The wakeboard wake is also excellent and the Fi boats have about as respectable slalom wake as you can get out of a V-drive. Ramfill is the greatest thing since sliced cheese. I liked the Fi boats so much I bought one although I got the 23. I've got 110 hours on mine and no problems whatsoever.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-02-2019, 3:06 AM Reply   
You will not be disappointed in an Fi21. Wave is great, wakeboard wake is also very underrated.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-04-2019, 3:20 AM Reply   
Update on the post.

yeaterday I went to see my Nautique (And Centurion) dealership as is the same.
The dealership owner (since it was himself that sells my Nautique) wanted to try both a G21 and ri217 since Vi22 is not yet available but he says the boat will more likely be like this one instead of fi21but it’s really a behind the 2 models (Fi21-Ri217).

first of all, no built quality isn’t there. You clearly see the difference in comfort, design enven sewing.
first thing that popped me is the mechanism to open the seats. Centurion is only basic hinge, Centurion had about 60hours since it was a 2019 demo and few seats was already loose... and 2 wasn’t capable to let them open, always got to hold it and gab things with the others hand.
Gelcoat is very thick instead, colors are flashy too that surprises me because gelcoat thickness usually take a hit when boats are less expansive.
centurion can’t really compete with the « style/prestige » of Nautique in my own opinion.

JL audio always be a better choice for audio system.
But preferred the tower speakers of Roswell at wakeboard speed. (G21 had the basic 4x 7.7 JL)
thats something I would change on my next purshace. All the JL audio audio/amps with dual Roswell tower speaker like I’ve done on mine.
Screen software is really great with Centurion, tons of different setting too for the wave. That’s a plus.
but for the « easy to use » SYNC all the way.
The sound of the engine is very noticeable difference between the 2.
I was thinking the engine noise was an engine thing (PCM over RAPTOR)
but it’s much more company insulation.

the wave.
filling all 3,500 pounds of subfloor ballast in 1min just wow! And the other factory ballast filling while you surf is pretty fun seeing the wave grow bigger and bigger when riding.
was impressed that Centurion use Jabsco pump too. They really are the best and more reliable pumps on the market.
Wave is big with all factory ballast, bigger than G21. But the wave is more mellow. more push when you put surftabs all the way (like having NSS at 0)
but really G21 throw a really steep wave, vertical that is incredible for wakeboard

G21 really feel larger and comfortable, everything just built perfecty.

And finally came to a decision. I’m not ready to make the switch. Probably never too.
wave difference is not THAT big. Centurion larger, more mellow so I guess better for skim, quicker to fill but I can totally live without it.
Centurion have really great pros. But I don’t think it can compete with Nautique.. some things I cannot live without it is built

Centurion is really a great company tho.. with really awesome techs.

Last edited by Mike88; 08-04-2019 at 3:21 AM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-04-2019, 2:54 PM Reply   
Centurion's tabs should ever go all the way down.....even when making a skim wave. If you want a large steep surf style wave the tab on the off side should be around 50% down. Trust me, you can get a monster surf style wave from a Centurion.