Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wileyfish)      Join Date: Dec 2017       12-12-2017, 12:12 PM Reply   
Looking to buy my first wake/ski boat. Hoping to get something that I can ski behind but also teach my 3 kids to ski/wake/surf with.
Currently looking at 2 possibilities, first is a 2013 Tige Z1 second is a 2011 Supra Launch 22v. Both are in great condition and reasonably priced (Supra about 5-7k less)

I like certain things about both, but both are also missing I few things I’d like.

Any info regarding pros/cons of each boat...
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-12-2017, 3:47 PM Reply   
Whats missing from each that you want?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-12-2017, 5:56 PM Reply   
From what I know of those 2, the Tige is the better surf boat but I never cared for the Z1s wakeboard wake. The Supra has a nice wakeboard wake, but isn't going to surf as well.

So depends on what your priorities are.
Old     (Wileyfish)      Join Date: Dec 2017       12-12-2017, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Whats missing from each that you want?
The Z1 doesn’t have a skin pylon, just the tow hook, not sure if that’s s big deal or not,

The Supra doesn’t have a walkthrough to the back pkatform, so you are walking over the cushions, and the floors are carpeted, not snap out
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-12-2017, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileyfish View Post
The Z1 doesn’t have a skin pylon, just the tow hook, not sure if that’s s big deal or not,

The Supra doesn’t have a walkthrough to the back pkatform, so you are walking over the cushions, and the floors are carpeted, not snap out
Have you looked to see if it has the walkthrough under the rear hatch? I know many Supras from around that year had a hard floor when you lifted up one of the ballast hatches in the rear, which functioned as a walkthrough. That piece was also on a hinge and could be lifted up to allow access to the bag.
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       12-13-2017, 2:49 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-rRQAUncCk 21v but imagine the 22ssv should do the same
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-13-2017, 8:22 AM Reply   
I would think almost any boat will surf well with a new surf system stuck on the side. I have a Nauticurl for my supra 24v. It went from barely surf able with just 1,100 in the back full, center 1,150 almost full and 400 pounds of lead on the surf side. To one of the best I've surfed leaving the wakeboard set up in the boat and sticking the Nauticurl on the side of the boat. Maybe drain alittle out the center to get it a little taller.
Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-13-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
I do not know much at all about tige. I used to ride behind a 2007 22SSV and it was a very fun wakeboard wake.