Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-19-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
Hi everyone. I need some battery recommendations for my boat. I currently bought a duralast battery at the beginning of this season. It's a duralast model number 24md-dl. I needed something fast to get on the water. Well im adding some amps and speakers and would like to play for a couple of hours with the boat off. I will have a ppi 320.4 for 220w rms for inside boat. A rockford fosgate 1200.1 for 2 wetsounds subwoofers. And I will have a ppi 650.2 for a rev 410 on the tower. Could I possibly just add another 2 batteries the same as what I got and be ok or what do you guys recommend. I always carry a jumper just in case.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-19-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
If the boat does not have, it really needs a dual bank setup for what you want.
Old     (JR_88)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-20-2015, 6:16 AM Reply   
To add, after the dual bank you will want a deep cycle battery for the music setup with a large Ah rating. Deep cycles [think RV/golf cart battery] are designed for many, long discharges whereas your cranking is only designed for the initial pull when starting and subsequently recharged when running. You won't see a very long life running a cranking battery down to run your tunes. With a dual bank you'll have your selector for the cranking battery or the deep cycle to run when parked, but can set to 1 & 2 when engine running to charge both.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-20-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
I've been running two xspower d3100's for 6 years with no problem.
Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-20-2015, 7:39 AM Reply   
Ok so I'm thinking of getting 2 Trojan t1275. That should give me 300 ah correct? I will be charging them at home. Will these be sufficient to power my system for a few hours?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-20-2015, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have 4 trojan L16's that we just threw in Friday. Was out Saturday and sunday, no charge in between with some pretty heavy play and they never skipped a beat.
They are massive though, rated @ 435ah
So far woukdnt hesitate to recommend
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2015, 6:24 AM Reply   
Those two Trojans should serve you well. Depending on the volume level they'll last long past a few hours.
Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-22-2015, 9:46 AM Reply   
Do the Trojans require a special charger? Or could I use a normal amg/regular battery charger.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-22-2015, 12:07 PM Reply   
Not sure what your definition is of a regular charger. You will be better served by a multistage smart charger.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2015, 5:48 PM Reply   
No they don't but I'd get a decently powerful charger 20amp or better (such as TM describes) and charge them as one cell that way they charge together and evenly.