Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2015, 12:08 PM Reply   
I know we have some computer guys on this forum who have likely seen this before but this is a live action feed of the various hacking attempts around the world and who is doing it. Every so often there is a massive burst coming out of China. Scary stuff.

http://map.ipviking.com/
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2015, 5:18 PM Reply   
I've spent a day in HP's cyber defense center before, pretty interesting stuff for sure. You can watch the patterns and see when attackers probe during times like Operations/Secure Center staff change shifts and how attackers will mask their probing. Some interesting use cases for machine learning through all of that data.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-15-2015, 6:24 AM Reply   
College kid showed me the learnings he got from a hacking student group last week. He cracked the office wifi, revealed all the mobile devices, captured their data traffic and was able to find the applications they were using and for certain ones he could read their data being sent out. All using free software he downloaded in a few minutes with instructions,
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
I've sat with internal pen-testing engineers. How fast they can own your work computer, then your credentials, and then use those to traverse the corporate networks and start to map out how to access higher value assets is scary.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-16-2015, 2:29 PM Reply   
It's pretty crazy these days, I exposed SSH for less than 30 seconds the other day in our datacenter and had hundreds of Chinese ips slamming me immediately
Old    bigdtx            06-17-2015, 7:32 AM Reply   
You gotta move the SSH port or you get dictionary attacked 24/7. I have one site that is an e-tailer that sells to US customers only so I dropped in blocklists for all the bad actors - China, Russia, etc. Site load literally dropped by 50% after that.