Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-11-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Police Policing the Police ,what here don't make sense???Who do you go to when the Police refuse to do there job???Remember about a year and half ago,my Surfshop got Broken into by my new neighbors,AND I COUGHED THEM DOING IT,Called the police because that's there job,but the Police told me that's a Civil Matter ,NOT A CRIME???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME
Attached Images

Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
I'm just going to guess that there is more to this story. I don't understand what the picture are of. Is that your "surfshop"?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-11-2012, 11:43 PM Reply   
Your right McGavin,there is more to this story ,,, But your neighbors ,NO MATTER WHAT THE STORY IS ,can't Break the lock off you place and distroy your place.

Those are picture of what I found to be my shop ,,,Bro that was 35 years of my life
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2012, 3:09 AM Reply   
Was there a rent dispute or something? Looks like they evicted you.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-12-2012, 6:20 AM Reply   
NO MATTER WHAT THE STORY IS, neighbors
can't Break the lock off you place and distroy it,,,and the Police did nothing
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
If the Neighbors own the building, and you have not paid rent, or complied with an evicition notice, they most certainly can. They can also sell your stuff for back rent after certain waiting periods.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-12-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
"NO MATTER WHAT THE STORY IS"

So... what's the story?
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-12-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Would you actually want to read,,,,,,,,IT?????????
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-14-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
OH YOU WOULD READ IT

So who do you go to when the police don't do there job ???

Been to I.A ,D.A. won't prosecute intill the police send a Report and thay refuse to let the D.A. do there job.

D.A. I've talk to said thay would prosecute this ,but the police refuse to send a Report to them ,and the Chief ass. call me Friday and told me the Chief will not talk to me about this.

I don't care what you think about me or my stuff ,I'm still a "AN AMERICAN" AND I HAVE RIGHT'S
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-14-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
Hey Paul if the neighbor own the building that would make them the landlord ,and if thay didn't have the right paper's to do that ,ONLY THE SHERIFF ,can break a lock of your door and do that ,,ONLY AFTER THE PAPER WORK.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-14-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
I think you should "Occupy" the police station.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-14-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_moose View Post
Hey Paul if the neighbor own the building that would make them the landlord ,and if thay didn't have the right paper's to do that ,ONLY THE SHERIFF ,can break a lock of your door and do that ,,ONLY AFTER THE PAPER WORK.
The landlord still has to make monthly mortgage payments even if the tenants don't pay.
The bank does not care if ("the landlord")lost his wallet, had checks stolen, car broke down, lost his job, has new baby, etc. etc...
Basically in the words of Henry Hill from the movie Goodfellas "F***YOU PAY ME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ydqjqZ_3oc
They are not your mom or dad and should not be responsible for keeping a roof over your head.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-15-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
I would like to hear some facts on this. So, you were renting/leasing space to make your surfboards? You had a signed lease I am assuming? You quit paying your lease payments? The landlord broke a lock on his building and removed your stuff? And you are mad?

Sorry, but I have zero sympathy for you if that is how it happened. If you missed one payment or something then it seems extreme but still, you didn't uphold your end of the bargain. If you don't make payments you are STEALING from you landlord.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Da Moose...You are in Ca. and I will educate you on California Law

459 PC- Burglary.."entering a structure with the intent to commit a felony (or theft) once inside".

211 PC- Robbery.."Taking property by force or fear"

I have limited information regarding your situation, but criminal law does not apply. This sounds like a landlord & tenant dispute. You do have renters rights and your rights have been violated if they did not complete the legal eviction process. That being said, police have better things to do than worry about "civil" disputes. You can take them civil court if those rights have been violated. I'm sure this is what the police have already told you and you are just unhappy with the truth.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-15-2012, 8:53 PM Reply   
My rent was paid 2 months in advance
had electric in my name
was there 6 months
bottom line thay where just new neighbors
and the clowns had a T.R.O. against me ???
T.R.O's are not for breaking into your neighbors place .
AND I COUGHT THEM IN THE ACT AND CALL THE POLICE ,LIKE YOU SOULD, WHEN THERE A CRIME BEING MADE
any more ??? I've been renting over 30 years ,I know the laws
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
If the police aren't helping, why not hire an attorney and sue them and the entire city for violating your rights as a REAL AMERICAN HERO?
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
is this a joke?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Hey Moose, I heard you on the radio on Bill Handles show, Handle on the Law over the weekend.... wasnt much help either was he. Good Luck.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
^I would have loved to hear what Bill said about the case.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
See about 49:30
http://www.kfiam640.com/player/index...m_name=podcast
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
^^^^ great find Ottog! Is "Da Moose" really "The Dude"?
Attached Images

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-16-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Ottog ,YOU DA FICKIN MAN... You get Da New "Classic "No~J Walk'N " shirt (E~mail me your info and size)
you go to 49;30 is when the story starts. Add the radio story to the pictures I posted ,,,, AND YOU TELL ME
I never heard what he said after I was cut off
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-17-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Puff, puff, pass!

Please remember to include all three steps. Not passing, and continuing to puff, will lead to paranoia and incoherent ramblings.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-17-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
I simply don't understand a word you are trying to say.
Old    bigdtx            01-17-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
You're gonna have to hire a lawyer.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-17-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
Or at least an interpreter.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-17-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Looks like a nice place you had going there.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
Has to be way more to the story.........

But as mentioned you were not robbed, you were not burglarized, at the very most you have tresspassing, and that is marginal depending on whether they own the property that you rent.

By caught...... how did you catch them? Video? In the act and held them till police arrived? Saw someone you recognized?

Situations regarding rental property, evictions, rights to rentals are often of no police matter. They are covered by landlord tenant laws. Evictions are a touchy subject because in most causes the sheriff's office is the one enforcing them.......however they are acting as officers of the court, hence why county sheriffs always do them and not local police. When people just up and throw all their tenants stuff out of their property it is not criminal, its a civil violation with civil recourse if there even is any violation at all.

This is obviuosly a strange situation and tons of important details are missing.....there is a history here for sure.......However I would expect nothing less, but everyone to blame the police for their misfortunes and dealings. It is always their fault when they are not there to prevent it, can't do anything when no laws were legally broken, and actually know the elements needed to prove a crime was comitted. He said she said is not enough, there has to be more.

Again I know nothing to the details of this case, besides the next to the zero info you claim that blames the police, but this appears to be a case of baby's momma's drama in the building realm and the county SO believes so as well. In my carrer the one that thinks everyone is against them is usually the offender.

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-17-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-17-2012, 5:41 PM Reply   
Hasn't this case been going on for awhile now?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-17-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
jeff ,I love you puff ,puff passer's,,, I puff .puff ,pass ,Because im a Genius ,so I can bring myself down to your level ,OK,Mr. afraid to step up
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-17-2012, 9:43 PM Reply   
"They should sue YOU for being stupid" - love Handle lolz.

Is that really Moose? He is putting real sentences together consistently.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-17-2012, 10:12 PM Reply   
The biggest thing that I don't understand is why you are mad at the police. The police would do something if you had a legitimate claim. Get a lawyer and see if you have some kind of claim.

As a landlord. I have dealt with my share of terrible tenants and you share all of the qualities with them.

Move on with your life. Learn a lesson and find a landlord and neighbors that will treat you fairly.

Most importantly see if you can sit in on a 4th grade spelling and grammar class so that people can understand what you are trying to say.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-18-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most importantly see if you can sit in on a 4th grade spelling and grammar class so that people can understand what you are trying to say.
LMAO... You mean there is an uneducated pot smoking surfboard shaper with financial trouble?!? NO WAY!

I would love to hear "The rest of the story" narrated by Paul Harvey.
Old    SamIngram            01-18-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon4pres View Post
The biggest thing that I don't understand is why you are mad at the police. The police would do something if you had a legitimate claim. Get a lawyer and see if you have some kind of claim.

As a landlord. I have dealt with my share of terrible tenants and you share all of the qualities with them.

Move on with your life. Learn a lesson and find a landlord and neighbors that will treat you fairly.

Your sentence structure doesn't exactly scream Ivy League education either...

Quote:
As a landlord.
He can't help it if he is a product of the California babysitting system, I mean education system.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-18-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
sam , you make that up all by yourself ?(YOU RIPPED SOMEONE ELSE OFF) thats funnnnny stuff ,, Sam what's your web site ?? got one ??? whats the BIGGEST THING LIFE YOU EVER TRYED??? WAKEBOARDING ??? I INVENTED THAT...
sam ,you wish you knew,just 1% of what I know .Go build a Wakeboard factory and the tell the World how SMART you r.Get back to me with that Sir,as soon as you can?
You know, sometime i mix thing up on purpose ,,,just so you kan think,,, for just 5 sec. your a BIG SHOT ,,,, Must suck being a nobody
Old    SamIngram            01-18-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
sam , you make that up all by yourself ?(YOU RIPPED SOMEONE ELSE OFF) thats funnnnny stuff ,, Sam what's your web site ?? got one ??? whats the BIGGEST THING LIFE YOU EVER TRYED??? WAKEBOARDING ??? I INVENTED THAT...
sam ,you wish you knew,just 1% of what I know .Go build a Wakeboard factory and the tell the World how SMART you r.Get back to me with that Sir,as soon as you can?
You know, sometime i mix thing up on purpose ,,,just so you kan think,,, for just 5 sec. your a BIG SHOT ,,,, Must suck being a nobody
LOL, now that is funny... I was actually standing up for the guy and he attacks me...

Sorry man...
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-18-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
WOW, speaking of websites, check out DA MOOSES site. http://www.moosewakeboards.com/

Moose, you do your own web design?

I think I just had a seizure.

Sam, I think he's confused.
Old    SamIngram            01-18-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
I really like his website. I never Ryan Byerly even existed...
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-18-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
This is seriously hysterical. So is Da Moose's website...

I met Ryan Byerly a few months ago actually, chillen on the beach in Mexico with a Modelo. He is teaching for some guys with a wakeboard club down there called Wake Dogz. Pretty sick group of guys actually. So if you're on vacation in Cancun and want to ride, hit them up!

Here's a link to their page.

http://wakedogz.com/about
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-18-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Good to know, we hit up Cancun every year.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2012, 12:10 PM Reply   
Holy shiz, I just smoked a bowl and all this suddenly made sense
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-18-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
You guys have got to click on the "moose wakeboards" link in his site. lol.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-19-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
I don't care what anybody thinks of my backyard site.

I'm an AMERICAN and have every right to live my dream ,,, no matter what people think of me or what I do. I had 5 to 6 people conspire to shut my life down,,, IF THERE ONE PERSON WHO THINKS THAT WORKED ,your wrong

I know every time I post up the Hater's come to play ,because the bigest thing i do thats messed, it I mex a letter up or 2.

Life's number one Rule is "DON'T MESS WITH A MAN'S TOOLS" never.

If you Read again or lesson to the pod cast ,A landlord has never been mentioned,It was the new Weird neighbors (Ever had a bad neighbor?) and I caught them and the Police Refuse to send a Report to the D.A.???And back to the First and MOST IMPORTANT ?Who do you go to when the Police Refuse to do the job?.......sometime's I do puff puff ,but I don't pass that my Med.,,, 28 years ago a Drunk drive jumped the center Divider and hit me ,so some time my body hurts ,,O K

Last edited by da_moose; 01-19-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: what else spelling
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
Why is all of your stuff in the photos outside? I assume by your post that your neighbor is NOT your landlord? If that is the case then it is theft. Get a lawyer.
Old    SamIngram            01-19-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
First, life's number one rule is, ""Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

If you would stop irrationally attacking people and present your discussion in a somewhat clear, concise, and understandable manner you would get a better response on here. Personally, I think your website is pretty cool, as well, as your history in various water related sports. I have read the original post and listened to the Bill Handel audio clip and I still can't figure out what happened. I am not "hating on you" or anything like that, I really don't understand what happened. I doubt anyone on here wants to shut your life down. Heck, I have probably been attacked in the non-wakeboarding section than anyone else and I seriously doubt that anyone means me any ill will.

Good luck man.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-19-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
that's Da catch ,,, thay all knew I was coming of the car accdent,, everything was raped up in boards and glass ,,,It was just 2 weeks befor Summer,,,I had over $9,000 worth of Mint boards done and to top it off thay stole over $4,000 worth of boards,,Now the Police can't prove that ,,,, BUT I COUGHT THEM THROWING MY SHOP,,, got it now???and these layers don't care about you ,just da $$$ ,,,and If your Right you don't need a lawyer.The system should do It's job,RIGHT???
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
did you know the perps?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-19-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
No ,Did not even know these Clowns
Old    bigdtx            01-19-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
So now we're down to ripping Moose over how his website looks? That's pretty lame.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
Just as Sam said.. after reading all of this, I still have no idea what actually happened. I seriously doubt I'm the only one.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
What did you do to get a TRO issued against you? Judges normally don't just hand those out for no reason. Is there a judgement against you? Did the TRO state "move out immediately"? Are you still using the shop?
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-20-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
It does sound like there's a crazy conspiracy against you, Moose. I can't help you, but if I ever see you down in a bar/restaurant in O.B. or P.B sometime, I promise to buy you a beer to help out with some of your stress.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-20-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Shooter your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong anybody can get a T.R.O. ,,,,ANYBODY ,,, JUST TELL A STORY ,,, THATS ALL,, AND IF YOU BRING IN A LYER FRIEND YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN

All Right here's the Iceing on DA Cake ,,, READY,,,In the Police report:: these people that I cough destroying my shop and tools ,,,ADMITTED TO THE POLICE,,thay move my stuff ...

Thay told the police I moved out ,,AND FORGOT MY $20,000 WORTH OF TOOLS and $9,000 worth of mint surfboards ??? I showed the Police a piece of paper that me and the landlord SIGNED ,saying I would move out the 31st,,,, these Clowns broke in 6 days befor the 31st?????
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-21-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
SO they were the new tenants?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-23-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
New tenants,Didn't even know them ,thay just wanted to take over the whole property.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-24-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
Geeezus man. They didn't steal your **** and you weren't burglarized, They cleaned out the property that u were leaving from 6 days early and put it outside. NOT A POLICE MATTER PERIOD! Civil process. That simple. Her a lwaywr and if in fact they did move you stuff before the agreed date they are liable for any damage to your things. Again NOT A CRIMINAL MATTER. CIVIL MATTER PERIOD. HIRE A LAWYER, LEARN THE LAW, AND QUIT BLAMING THE POLICE FOR YOUR FUBAR'D SITUATION.

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-24-2012 at 9:32 PM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-24-2012, 10:52 PM Reply   
Moose. What Sam said
Quote:
present your discussion in a somewhat clear, concise, and understandable manner you would get a better response on here.
In all my years here I don't think I have once understood your post's. That's not to say I still don't love them this thread included! I would love to understand what went down but I have a feeling I could better understand a David From Earmarks stereo talks about the Entabulator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIS5n9Oyzsc
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
I got this swatguy:

SOOOOOOO,,,,,,, THAY dInot Brake ThE LAW. Thay KicKd Youre "aZZ" out,,,,,,,,,,,,gEt a Lawer!!!!!!!!!! It not a POLiCE mater;

Sary for tha max up letters.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
This thread would give an English teacher nightmares.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Wooooooo there swatguy,, Everything could be called a Civil Matter,RIGHT???So then your telling me a new tenant can distroy the neighbors place if that neighbors moving out at the end of the month??? I DONT THINK SO

1 I cough them destroying my shop in the moring (thay were up all night doing it ,what were thay on???)

2 thay broke a T.R.O. that thay got (I had to stay 2 yards away)????????????????

3 swatguy there were over $4,000 worth of boards gone.

So saying its a CIVIL MATTER ,sounds like a Cop-out (oooooooohhhhh hahahahahahahahah I just made a funnnny COP-OUT)

No this is not funnnnny ,just think everyone ,IF THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ME ,,,ITS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU

So swatguy tell me WHY THIS MATTERS NOT A CRIME??????? AND DON'T TELL ME IT A CIVIL MATTER BECAUSE YOU SAY SOOOOOO????? thats a Cop-out .
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
"2 thay broke a T.R.O. that thay got (I had to stay 2 yards away)"

Moose, you are my hero, but what sort of judge issues a TRO that only requires you to stay 2 yards away? Seems like you could sue the judge for issuing an improper TRO.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
Maybe I missed it. What's the scoop with the TRO?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
But swatguy ,,, you want to know what is a CRIME??? My Bro walking out of my house with a beer in his hand ,just 4 feet ,Cop was driving by and gave him a ticket ,,, THAT'S A CRIME
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-25-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
All this talk about coughing people you should see a doctor. Just in case you CAUGHT something.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2012, 5:14 AM Reply   
They were coughing.....they hounded his stash
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-26-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
DaDaDaDa Moose
WaWaWaWaWhy are you being busted on?
DoDoDoDon't let them drag U down... Man!
GoGoGoGood luck and I hope you get your surfboards back because surfing is CoCoCoCool!
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-27-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
So swatguy ,T.R.O.'s are not for breaking in to your neighbor's place,THAT A CRIME. No more needs to be said . And you know being a swatguy ,you know anybody can tell a story to get a T.R.O.,,, And there's people at the court to help you get it your T.R.O.

So let try breaking a T.R.O. for a 1000 ,Alex,,, What is a Crime? not a civil matter.

All you have to do is just look at the Pictures ,,does anything there look RIGHT???

Joe your a Shmoe,, if you read "I'm an AMERICAN and have every right to live my dream ,,, no matter what people think of me or what I do. I had 5 to 6 people conspire to shut my life down,,, IF THERE ONE PERSON WHO THINKS THAT WORKED ,your wrong"

NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE DIG YOUR STUFF ,,, ALL IT TAKE IS ONE HATER ,TO MESS YOUR LIFE UP ,JUST BECAUSE THAY CAN

swatguy if you went to work ,and you came home ,to your place being distroryed,and you call the Police ,like you should ,,, and that told you it was a Civil matter ,,, you would be the first one to call B.S.