Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-12-2018, 7:31 AM Reply   
I have 12 foot trampoline right now and want to upgrade to 16 foot or bigger. With the 12 foot I had to cut a hole in the enclosure for the rope to practice. With my kids the enclosure is a must. I would like to not have to cut a hole in this one if possible. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-12-2018, 7:34 AM Reply   
Also taking recommendations on best tramp board as well.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       03-12-2018, 9:55 AM Reply   
We bought this one this past Christmas and added the 'powerbounce performance pack'... https://www.jumpsport.com/outdoor-tr...ith-enclosure/ It is ridiculous... example, my first backflip was almost a double which was by accident. Easily do doubles on this one, no problem.

We use this tramp board... it was cheap and is universally sized. It fits me and the 10 year old kids in the neighborhood comfortably... Upper bounce Trampoline Jumping Skate https://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-bounc...W/111797043925
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-12-2018, 10:01 AM Reply   
If you don't mind spending the coin, the Springfree designs are really really safe compared to the others. I was able to score a used on on Craigslist and am in the process of refurbishing it.

http://www.springfreetrampoline.com/trampolines
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-12-2018, 10:16 AM Reply   
Eric, do you use a handle with your springfree? Did you have to cut through the mesh to get it in there?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-12-2018, 12:02 PM Reply   
You get what you pay for with the trampolines. The 300$ don't give you a lot of bounce. The ones like DCross's, or the springless are awesome if you are willing to pay for it.

I always just ran the line over the enclosure to a higher mounting point.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-13-2018, 8:23 AM Reply   
Seems like it is worth the investment then. Watching David O, he is always saying tramps are the best way to train at home, both for fitness and learning air awareness. I had a sketchy cheap one growing up that I took a few nasty spills on. This time around it seems like it's worth investing in a safer one.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-13-2018, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Also taking recommendations on best tramp board as well.
Had a tramp in the backyard for a while and we just bolted a pair of Vans to an old skateboard with some Tee nuts then we sanded all the edges smooth...not sure if it was dangerous or smart but worked great!