Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-17-2017, 10:55 PM Reply   
Boat: Mastercraft NXT22
Audio:
Sub - W3
Tower: Rev 10's
Amps: 2 ARC XDI
Location of Sub: Port side big storage compartment..

Sounds amazing when the hatch is open, not so much when the hatch is closed.. I saw that Roswell makes a really nice "Grill" for the wall to open the wall up to allow that low bass to enter the cabin, but is it enough space? How much space do you need to have minimum and maximum to let the bass join the mid and high in the cabin?

https://www.roswellmarine.com/product/compartment-vent/
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-18-2017, 6:33 AM Reply   
The rule most commonly followed is a compartment vent with an open area that is at least equal to the radiating surface area of the subwoofer. Probably more accurate, is that the vent area should be a ratio of the compartment displacement. So the larger the compartment the larger the vent. As the vent size increases so does its effectiveness regardless of what subwoofer you are using. Go with as large of a vent(s) as you can justify.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-18-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
My neighbor have an nxt22 too and just did that 2 weeks ago. Buy the grill at the local Roswell store (always had in stock, I guess most of mastercraft owner does this little modification haha).
I helped him a little bit, he borrowed me few tools. it's a very simple job and it makes the difference.
I think he is happy with the result.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2017, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
My neighbor have an nxt22 too and just did that 2 weeks ago. Buy the grill at the local Roswell store (always had in stock, I guess most of mastercraft owner does this little modification haha).
I helped him a little bit, he borrowed me few tools. it's a very simple job and it makes the difference.
I think he is happy with the result.
Any odds you can shoot a pic of where he installed it? Im curious where it went and if it made all the difference in the world..
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-19-2017, 8:12 AM Reply   
each sub woofer has different interior box volume recommendations for both ported and sealed enclosures. they also have recommendations on what frequency the box should be tuned to using the ports. if you get these specs from the manufacturer. you can go online and calculate the port size with a given interior volume and specified frequency.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-19-2017, 2:25 PM Reply   
Yes i can take some picture next weekend and post it up for you. If he is there also!
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-19-2017, 2:55 PM Reply   
He put it on the side.
First he wanted to put the grill under the seat facing the back of the boat but the cup holder in the corner was too close.
So he still put it under the seat but the vent facing the driver. Just after the corner.