Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2016, 7:09 AM Reply   
So they premiered Dog Dayz at Wake Open. Supposed to be the hottest thing out this year, and yet, CRICKETS......

Anyone see it?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2016, 7:37 AM Reply   
As far as I know the two premieres have been the only sighting. I haven't seen an official release date.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-26-2016, 7:41 PM Reply   
check out their instagram! itunes, May 24th!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2016, 2:02 PM Reply   
The video is amazing. I was at the west coast premier and was blown away by the video. I usually have a hard time sitting through a wakeboard video (I wakeskate), but I was totally impressed by the riding and especially the directing. You guys will love it.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-28-2016, 8:17 AM Reply   
Disclaimer: I'm biased

I was at both premiers. The West Coast premier was awesome. The film was well received. It was well attended even though it was outside and it was raining.

The Orlando premier was also very well attended, and the film was also very well received. I was curious to see how well it would be received in Orlando, but the comments from longtime and hardcore wake addicts and high level riders were very positive. One longtime wake dad who really knows the scene, felt that it was everything that a wake movie should be.

The cinematography and editing are awesome. The riding represents West Coast riding very well. The crash section is epic. I know firsthand that Trever has poured heart and soul into this film for the past year or more. He has come up with a project that is nothing short of remarkable. His creativity and vision are on display, and I am confident that this film will put him into the ranks of the top flight wake movie producers.

I have now seen it four or five times. I could watch it a few more times without getting bored, but like I said, I'm biased. It comes out on May 24 on iTunes. I strongly recommend that you buy the video. Support West Coast wakeboarding, and make it possible for these projects to happen in the future. It is well worth the cost of admission!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-24-2016, 7:08 AM Reply   
Available today, downloading it now. $10, support the scene!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-24-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
Definitely picking it up!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Mike Schwenne's section is insane. I think I saw a MUTE T2B. I wish they would have slowed it down.....happened kind of fast.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-24-2016, 10:24 AM Reply   
Really awesome film. Crash section was crazy, soundtrack was legit, and loved the old school footage.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-25-2016, 12:01 AM Reply   
is it available anywhere other than itunes?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
I highly recommend everyone watch this video. Yesterday I had some down time and had a chance to watch it all the way through. EVERY section is awesome. I didn't find myself wanting to skip ahead to the next rider and I didn't feel like any of the sections were rushed. You can tell Trever devoted a lot of time to make sure that every rider had something special about their sections. It was clear these guys busted their asses climbing through bushes, trees, swampy marsh land and scaling structures just to get one shot of one trick.......and then moving to the next. That takes so much time and patience. From a guy that throws together short crappy wake films, I had a huge appreciation for this. I also liked how each rider added a personal touch and story about who they are and where their inspiration comes from.

My favorites:

Derek Cook. Every single trick is his own. Nothing he does looks like anyone else. For pure boat riding, this was mind blowing. I think this was my favorite section. There was one line where hit had a wake trick, landed, rode straight into a kicker, landed, and back into the wake. Well planned. New. So sick.

Trever: I got the feel he went outside of his comfort zone on the winching. The crashes he took on that one winch hit made me cringe. And he kept hitting it over and over until he nailed it. I watched this kid grow up in the local wake scene along with Twelker. Made me proud.

Schwenne and Twelker: The creativity was insane. Crazy new grabs and pokes and different variations on tricks you've seen, but with new flavor. Every time these guys drop a section in a new video, they have new stuff to share. I kinda wish there was a little more slow mo to slow down and appreciate everything that was happening. I was still trying to wrap my head around the last trick while they dropped 3 more hammers.

All of the winching stuff was insane. That's not exactly what these guys are known for. So I was impressed by all of the riders pushing themselves to excel in the winch category. A lot of the winch spots were sketchy!! Even Randall who is not known for winch, pushed himself and stomped some sick stuff.

Last edited by jarrod; 05-25-2016 at 7:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2016, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
is it available anywhere other than itunes?
Amazon
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-25-2016, 10:18 PM Reply   
can someone post a link to where to buy it on amazon? I cant seem to find it
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-26-2016, 6:48 AM Reply   
It really bothers me that theres no C in mike schwenne's name during his part intro.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2016, 7:25 AM Reply   
Seriously?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2016, 7:27 AM Reply   
hmmmm....sure enough
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-26-2016, 11:03 AM Reply   
Watched the other night but couldn't commit 100% attention to it because I was multi-tasking so I need to re-watch.

Initial thoughts...

Maur killed his part and those were some HEAVY hits in his winch part!
Twelker's part was mind-blowing!
Who was the 2nd (I think) rider in the "Friends" section... Maybe a girl, but not Melissa.
Unfortunately this is probably my least favorite of any Harris movie part. It was the only part of this flick I couldn't really get into. It just didn't seem like him riding if that makes sense. A friend of mine called it mellow and it was... Just didn't feel like I was watching him ride.
Old school footy at the end was a nice throwback and really made me want to re-watch Mayday soon.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-26-2016, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corerider View Post
Watched the other night but couldn't commit 100% attention to it because I was multi-tasking so I need to re-watch.

Initial thoughts...

Maur killed his part and those were some HEAVY hits in his winch part!
Twelker's part was mind-blowing!
Who was the 2nd (I think) rider in the "Friends" section... Maybe a girl, but not Melissa.
Unfortunately this is probably my least favorite of any Harris movie part. It was the only part of this flick I couldn't really get into. It just didn't seem like him riding if that makes sense. A friend of mine called it mellow and it was... Just didn't feel like I was watching him ride.
Old school footy at the end was a nice throwback and really made me want to re-watch Mayday soon.
EDIT: After watching it again there so many things I missed before. Excellent film! I think the music in Randall's part is what turned me off from it. His riding didn't change, but being slowed down and that song just didn't do it for me. I really liked Cook's riding as well. So many different variations thrown in.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-27-2016, 2:09 PM Reply   
I thought the video was great. Amazing and different riding. Every single section had great riding. I thought Bobs section was killer.

The only thing that disappointed me was the choice of song for Vandals section. Every second word was Nig&$@ or Fu?(. It was just a stupid song for a wakeboard video and now my 8 year old who loves wake videos can't watch it unless I'm around to skip this part. I dunno, is all that gangsterness necessary for a wakeboard video part?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-28-2016, 9:10 PM Reply   
Critics opinion here
NUMBER 1 : schwenne was spelt wrong (how the hell do you miss that) and he wasn't wearing any sort of vest at all. Mike you have kids for christs sake.
Number 2: Music was ok. Randall's section did not mesh well with the music choice at all. Usually I look forward to his section and makes me want to ride. Not the case here.

Positive
Production and editing was phenomenal. Will absolutely watch again.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-29-2016, 5:18 AM Reply   
Yeah Schwenne's name typo gave me that feeling of second-hand embarrassment hahaha

---Vandall's song may not have fit with the like high pace of the film but it really worked for him IMO, especially if you know his story.
The refrain about putting everything into your craft was perfect. I'm not the biggest Future fan, but I dug it.
Gangsterness is necessary if that's who Randall is lol
Gnarly riding of course, he's the only person who can make a Tantrum to fakie look decent and his Br2r off the double up was so big

Some of the winch **** felt forced but it is sick to see that aspect of our sport being taken more seriously. It must take hours and hours to get each one of those clips.
Overall great film I thought!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2016, 8:28 AM Reply   
People always talk about Randall's story, the rough times, in what way does it compare to Future's, or any other person who came from the street? And I've seen Transgression, that doesn't explain the story. I agree, the language in the video was surprising, especially given the amount of high level sponsors supporting the movie.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2016, 11:11 AM Reply   
What's his story? He's a boater? That's not that gangster. Tattoos? Every pink ass kid with a 1000$ has full sleeves now,that's not gangster....so can someone fill me in?
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-31-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
Video was absolutely awesome!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2016, 8:04 PM Reply   
~not to change the flavor of this thread
http://unionwakeboarder.com/conversa...ll-harris-p-1/
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2016, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
~not to change the flavor of this thread
http://unionwakeboarder.com/conversa...ll-harris-p-1/
cool, thanks
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-01-2016, 10:12 AM Reply   
Good article thanks.
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-23-2016, 6:29 AM Reply   
What's the name of that song during Randal's section btw?

Does anyone know where to find the soundtrack?
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-23-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
Future - Blood, Sweat, Tears

The credits have a song list
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-23-2016, 2:44 PM Reply   
Thanks!

I rented it off of iTunes. My rental period expired and I forgot to look for song titles.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
I watched it with my 8 year old again this weekend. Overall I really like it and the riding is amazing. I had to turn volume down for Randy's part since it is a bit over the top. I am with some of the other guys. I was underwhelmed with Randy's section, in comparison to sections he has had in the past. The Schwenne misspelling really bothered me as that has been an issue his whole career. The no life jacket thing bothered me as well, especially with the Delta roots tied to Corey.

Overall great work by Trevor and the crew. It is nice to see someone has taken the torch we started a decade ago and taken it to the next level.

Any video that is not wake surfing is good by me!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-27-2016, 5:12 PM Reply   
Jacob
57- west water outlaws

Mike
coming home- leon bridges

derek
catamaran- allah-las

bob
the letter- the box tops

kaesen
the weight- aretha franklin

melissa
you know what i mean- cults

keaton
carrion crawler- thee oh sees

friends
please don't make me blue- Cosmonauts

trever
we're changing- corners

crash
cherry bomb- tyler, the creator

josh
trying the find a balance- atmosphere (which was spelled aymosphere in the song list, just a miss spell)

hangman- heroes at gunpoint

credits
goodbye song - west water outlaws