Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hornrapids1)      Join Date: Sep 2015       04-03-2016, 8:12 PM Reply   
I was getting my boat ready this weekend with a wash and wax. The boat is used and is in great shape. I did however notice a bunch of what looks like little rock chips in the front part of the hull. Has anyone experienced getting rocks chips while towing their boat. Not sure if that is what these chips ate from but it looks like it . If so how do you protect your boat?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-03-2016, 9:17 PM Reply   
Yeah most likely from towing. They make mud flaps/rock guard that will fit into your receiver. Google it. You will find them
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-03-2016, 9:36 PM Reply   
I used to use these...
https://jet.com/product/detail/d16b5...5iYRoC_MPw_wcB
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2016, 9:02 AM Reply   
I made this for my truck a few years back with some angle/flat bar from home depot and some truck mud flaps from a auto parts store. I've since widened it by moving both sets of flaps out so there is now about a 6" space in the middle. I trailer everywhere I go and started to notice little marks in my hull on my old boat. Now with my dark blue/black hull I will never tow without it.

Rock tamers do the same thing. http://www.rocktamers.com/

I wanted more protection than they even provide. I also weighted them down so they don't flap in the wind as easy.
Attached Images

Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-04-2016, 12:07 PM Reply   
I use rock tamers but also on the new boat I had clear bra installed on the front to reduce the chips that will eventually happen even with the tamers.
Other option is to install rock guards on the trailer but they are big and clunky and not as viable an option with a pickle fork