Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2012, 5:32 AM Reply   
Ok, I FINALLY got the boat 99.9% completed. The only thing left to do is purchase and install two rca splitters so that I can send signal from the ws420 to the syn2's to power the rev410s. I'm really happy with how things went together. I actually love the new, more basic, wetsounds tower clamps. They reduced the hanging height of the 410's significantly, which allowed me to get about an inch more headroom with my z5 than I had with last year's boat. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Axis' tower is prewired and predrilled to allow the rev410's to be installed with the wiring going through the speaker clamps. It makes everything look soooooo much cleaner.

So, this weekend I was able to install the ws410, the xs12, run all speaker wires to the syn6 and syn2's, install a second battery, install a mirror arm and mirror, install the rev410's, and install all of the plug n play bags. I had the guys at axis upgrade my ballast system to malibu's new high flow system with this boat, so I've got full 1'' hose througout - which is going to be awesome for fill and dump times for the 1100's I put in the rear hatches and the front 900lb pnp sac. I'll tell you one thing though, it is noticably more difficult to bend and route that larger diameter tubing.

I have a little more clean up work to do on the wiring, but I'm really happy how everything turned out. And yes, I do have a huge in-line fuse between the power distribution block and the battery selector switch.

I got a better picture of the rear of the trailer. I love the clear LED's boatmate installed for me. I've had some nice trailers in the past, but I really like this one the best. The LED's are super bright, the runway lighting is very helpful at night, and the boat rides soooooo well going down the road. Thanks again to Owen Shelton @ boatmater for taking the time to make sure all of the little changes I wanted made were done right!

So, what do you guys think??? I hope to get it out this week and take some video/pictures of the wake.
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2012, 5:40 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-21-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
So sick! Congrats chatt!! Whew you got them on the syn 2s... can we get a video? Haha might fry the mic on your camera lol
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2012, 6:03 AM Reply   
Hahaha. Yeah, I'm a little nervous about cranking them up in the neighborhood. I may need to get a cd of birds chirping, a lawn mower, a leaf blower or some other urban noise that I can get away with blasting for a few seconds at a time. Something tells me that Waka Flocka Flame at a billion decibels is going to get the cops called on my pretty quick.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-21-2012, 6:10 AM Reply   
Hahaha yea I bet it would, I know I could only turn mine bout half up before the neighbors came out. Those would be some loud ass bird chirps lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-21-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Looks great Chatt! The wooden wheel looks a little out of place though.Was that stock or did you add it?
Old     (Slideways)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-21-2012, 11:09 PM Reply   
That's his signature piece. Puts it on all his boats. I dig it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2012, 11:57 PM Reply   
Right on dude! one of the cleanest Axis builds I've seen!
Old    mojo            05-22-2012, 12:03 AM Reply   
What brand wheel is that? Reminds me of a Nardi wheel.

Last edited by mojo; 05-22-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
What brand wheel is that? Reminds me of a Nardi wheel.
Looks to me like KMC Rockstars but maybe a look-a-like?

Chatt the boat looks great. Take some pics of the lockers with the bags filled and drained just so we can get a look. Are you able to tow with that cover?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-22-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Those are rockstars.

The steering wheel is a Nardi.

I will try to get the boat out one day this week, but I'm pretty slammed at work. I'm spending Memorial Day weekend in a lakehouse on Watts Bar with some friends from BU who can shred, so I plan to get a ton of good video soon.

The high flow system uses 1200gph pumps - as opposed to the 750's (maybe 850?) that were in last years boat. Everything is supposed to drain and fill much much quicker.

Yes, you can tow with that cover. It's awesome. Matt Bishop had the guys who make it redesign it so that it attached over the middle portion of the tower, which prevents any water from pooling on the cover. I love how Axis continues to work to perfect the little things that mean something to people who really use their boats alot.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-22-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
In another thread, someone asked how the axis pnp system worked. Basically, the factory hard tanks fill, then they overflow into the pnp bags (the center tank into the nose sac, and the rear hard tanks into each rear bag). The pnp bags then gravity drain back into the hard tanks as the hard tanks empty. The front pnp sac is vented, to help prevent any air from remaining in the sac - which helps keep the dump pump primed and allows for suction draining of the front sac. It is possible to vent the rear sacs too, but I haven't taken the time to do it.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-22-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
Chatt

The boat looks great. Looking forward to see some video this summer.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
Robert,

Thanks for the compliment on the boat. I got that wheel a few years back, and have been using it ever since. I don't like how the stock wheels on any wakeboat I've owned tend to get sunscreen and other stuff on them, and causes them to discolor (most seem to be made of a black rubber, leather, or similar synthetic material). I really like how the wood wheel is easy to keep clean, and, to me, it makes the boat a little more fun to drive. If you've ever driven an old roadster with a nardi wheel on it, you know what I mean.

Plus, it looks PIMP!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Great looking boat! Nice job on the upgrades, too.

I'm really just posting to tell you how jelous I am of your steering wheel.

Enjoy!
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-23-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
The boat looks great! I'm glad you left the Vandall graphic on it, it would look too plain all white. I think you have just the right amount of black accents to make it look real sharp. Looking forward to the wake pictures. Would like to hear how much of a difference the new engine makes as well. I may have missed it, but what prop are you running?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
The high altitude acme 1235.
Old    mojo            05-23-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Only other nardi I've seen is in my dads old e type. They actually make non wood wheels that look almost identical to the wheel in my '05 nautique. Anyways, Chatt always does his boats the way I'd want mine I.e. stereo, wheel, color ways.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-23-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Are you sure the center tank overflows into the bow sac? I have a separate switch to fill and drain the front sac, separate from the center.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
gotta love the boat with "The Shocker" running down the sides.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
Sheldon, You are right, I am wrong. there is a separate ballast pump for the front pnp sac. I literally just got a text from a friend of mine calling me a butthole for posting a jacked up description of the axis pnp system.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Oh, and I was also wrong about how the rear bags fill and dump. The factory pump fills the bag, then overflows into the hard tanks. There is a separate pump that dumps the rear hard tanks and gravity/suction dumps the rear bags.

I've got a damn schematic, I don't know why I didn't look at it first.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-23-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Interesting, mind sharing that schematic with me?
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Oh, and I was also wrong about how the rear bags fill and dump. The factory pump fills the bag, then overflows into the hard tanks. There is a separate pump that dumps the rear hard tanks and gravity/suction dumps the rear bags.

I've got a damn schematic, I don't know why I didn't look at it first.
I have a question on the bags. Do they have it draining to the back, or are they drain lines coming off the bags still going towards the front of the hard tank?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
The bags drain from the bottom, there is a hose that routes towards the front of the boat and dips down to the tank. One problem a lot of people have with the rear bags is that they don't take the time to either route the dump hose correctly and/or don't trim it, so that it doesn't loop upwards and cause an anti-syphon.
Old     (Diggertaker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-24-2012, 6:47 AM Reply   
Feel free to post up that schematic or pm it to me. I still need to hook up my pnp but I want to do it in reverse by way of filling in the hard tanks first then the bags. The factory way doesnt make much sense. If you have an newer rider & only want to fill the hard tanks you dont loose any storage room.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-24-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Of all the boats you've had, the steering wheel looks the best by far on this one. Great looking Axis!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
The tanks do fill first then the bags.

Here's a helpful link, wherein the pnp system is discussed ad nauseum - http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/vi...php?f=14&t=137
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 7:05 AM Reply   
Thanks Ian! I can't wait to see your new boat(s)!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
Its only bc of Chattwakes Axis & what hes done to it that has caught my attention & opened my eyes towards Axis. Thing looks legit what ur doing to it!!
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-24-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
The bags drain from the bottom, there is a hose that routes towards the front of the boat and dips down to the tank. One problem a lot of people have with the rear bags is that they don't take the time to either route the dump hose correctly and/or don't trim it, so that it doesn't loop upwards and cause an anti-syphon.
This is my one complaint because the bags wont drain all the way due to the angle of the boat sitting in the water. You have to lift them up for "gravity to work". Unfortunately water doesn't run uphill.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
Tory, what bags are you running?
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-24-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Tory, what bags are you running?
We had the 450's at first then put in 1100's. We just upgraded all of our hosing and pumps to 1" and added another drain pump to the bags to take care of this problem. Well it really wasn't a problem just a minor annoyance.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
Gotcha. We're going to put some hours on my boat this weekend, and I may hit you up for some info on how you did your extra pump if I have a problem dumping weight from the bag.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-24-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
ChatT we need some water pics ASAP
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
I know you've had some pretty kick a$$ stereos in the past, I guess this one is no exception, what are your thoughts on the XS-12 vs. some of the other subs you've had? Is it enough to keep up with the Rev410s? What amp do you have on them?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-29-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
I'm running 6 interiors and the xs12 off of a syn6. I'm very happy right now. I still need to get a custom box with the right air specs for the xs12, but, again, I'm thrilled with the sound I'm getting right now. I pulled up to a tie up this weekend and jammed the system for 3 hours straight and I got nothing but compliments from other boat owners who also have big stereos.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
Thanks, I had everything all figured out then WS went and upgraded the XXX-12 to v2 and is not available in a configuration I can get to 2 Ohms with a single speaker. No I'm rethinking my options.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-29-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Tori, i have 750s and they drain completely flat. Only thing i can think of that may be the reason is the lead i keep in the bow, keeps the boat nose down or level allowing the water to make it out the front of the bag. One thing u can try is keep ur front sack full while draining ur rears and center. Once ur rear sacks are empty, drain the front pnp sack.

Digger, i did not look at the axisforum link chat posted, but there are plenty of threads over there explaining how to set up ur rears to fill the tanks first. Also, the malibu crew forum has another way to do it that is not in the axis forum.