Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-12-2010, 10:17 PM Reply   
Who is going? I am stoked out of my mind. VT wake will be rollin in on thursday. Anyone from any of the other schools on here? We are super pumped, we got a tough bracket but win or lose its going to be a blast being in austin with 14 other wakeboard clubs for 4 days.

For those of you who are not going but are interested, you can watch live in HD here (I think, this is the link on the cws facebook page) http://vyzepro.com/video
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Hey man, I'll be there with Chico State (California), we're all pumped, and are bringing a crowd, haha. Hopefully these thunderstorms don't cause too much trouble. Either way, the trip is gonna be a freakin' blast! It's gonna be really cool to be around a ton of other college students that love wakeboarding!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-14-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
are there details about the web cast?
Old     (bryan_hansen)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-14-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
It's going to be an epic weekend!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
Leaving in 2 hours, we'll see you guys later today/tonight.

A-dub, I cant find anything on the webcast, I asked about it and no response. Im guessing it didnt work out, but give it a try tomorrow at that link and who knows. If not, stokemeter on fri and sat at 2pm.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-19-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
So Texas won. Any other info?
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-19-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
there were a few upsets, notably n tex over usf, ncsu over lbsu etc. we got paired with tx first round and had an intense match up. everyone killed it for both teams. our ace hit a reg and switch whirly in comp so we were super stoked on that. we knew it was close but thought we had it, but apparently that wasnt the case. after we finally found out the results late friday night we were pretty dissapointed and skipped the free TSR night. saturday we rode TSR all day and sunday we peaced at 7am so I couldnt tell you about the riding on either day. I never saw UCF ride but know they got to the championship, but tx ended up going on to win it.

dissapointing weekend for us, but dont mean to play the sore loser; we still had fun. we'll be back next year with a much higher seed and some huuuge additions to our team so im expecting big big things from vt wake in the competition scene. brace yourselves...