Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (bigdave0924)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-06-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
I sent in my bindings (closed toe Shane's) because they were beat all to pieces in early Feb. I wait a little bit and send an email to Mike at Liquid Force and he gives me a date around 2 weeks form then when they are receiving the bindings and tells me mine should ship out a little while after they get them. Anyway that date comes and goes. To make a long story short I email them once every two weeks or so and everytime they keep pushing the date back further and further. Still no bindings. How long has it takin you fellow WWer's to receive warranty work from Liquid Force?
Old     (pvsawyer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
I sent my '07 Melissa's back to LF in December because after about 7 mos of riding in them they fell apart. It took about a month from the time they were sent in to the time I received my new '08 Melissa's.

This April, after riding in the '08 Melissa's for about 3 months, the velcro wore and there was absolutely no stick. I sent them back in and it took about 4 weeks again. This time they sent me the Wings because I complained that velcro on the Melissa's does not last.

Did you send them yourself or did the board shop you bought them from send them for you. TSR sent my bindings in for me. Something tells me if you go through a board shop it may be faster.

I empathize, it's really annoying having to wait for your warranty bindings.
Old     (ndrider)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-06-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
I sent my 2007 Axis back because the lamination was peeling and it took about 4 weeks to receive my new board. LF outsources its warranty work to the same company Hyperlite and many other companies use. Either your bindings are going to be rejected or they are out of stock.

I did hear a rumor that Liquid FOrce is in financial trouble.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-06-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
if you get your stuff from a shop they can usually help you right on the spot. let the shop handle the warranty issues while you shred.

+1 for supporting your local shop
Old     (bigdave0924)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-06-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
I bought them from a shop that went out of business so that was not an option. It just seems something isnt right when they say they dont have ANY closed toe 10-11 or 11-12. I would think the company that made the stuff would have it in stock.
Old     (cooney20)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-06-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
its hard for a company like liquid force which is known for great bindings to keep any backstock. They usually sell out of there stock.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-06-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
Not to bash LF, but this is why I stopped buying LF bindings. About 80% of my friends ride LF bindings and they have all fallen apart within the first 3 months. Its great that they come with a 1 year warranty, but who wants to wait 1-2 months to get your bindings back? Ive been riding my zeus for 2.5 years and I have only had to replace the laces and footbed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-06-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
weird...i've been riding my watsons since '06. not one stitch of problems. heck, i haven't even had to replace the laces. same with a friend of mine who rides a heck of a lot more than i do.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2008, 11:53 PM Reply   
man mike at liquid force is awesome, i have had no problems with them.. i just called them sent in the old bindings and they sent me new ones, he even second day aired me a pair once bc i had a DRA event comming up. just work with him, i think the first pair of bindings i ripped they did take a while to get though. remember right now people are trying to get new gear so they are backed up im sure.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-07-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
I think it depends on what water you ride in. I have seen them fall apart quickly and last given the same bindings of the same year. It is typically the glue that comes apart and I think that has to do with how acidic the water is maybe?

Agreed, I am still riding a pair of 06 Zues. They are indestructable.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-07-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
I don't know Gene, our lake is really slimy in college station (power plant), so there is no telling. Also, the guys I know ride on mutliple lakes. I just hate seeing one of them fall and then they have to end their set because the boot peeled out of the footbed.
Old     (wallaced)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-07-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
David,

I just checked out this thread and thought I'd respond and see if I could help you out. I am bummed that you've had issues with your Shane boots. Unfortunately, that's something that all manufacturers occasionally have to deal with... warranty issues. We do our best to build bomb-proof boots, boards, etc..., but there will always be a small chance that something will go wrong. As you can tell from this thread, some people have never had issues, some have had multiple issues. We hope that nobody ever has issues, but in the cases where issues arise, we try our best to solve them immediately. Mike is a great CS rep and has unfortunately not had luck getting you any boots because our delivery of those particular boots has been delayed. The Shane and Watson CT boots are very popular boots and we're constantly on backorder with them... ask any dealer and they'll confirm. Our next batch of bindings is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. I will make sure you get a pair of replacement boots at that point. Please email me directly @ donw@liquidforce.com and I'll make sure it's taken care of (that is if Mike hasn't already dialed it in). I really apologize for the delay.

I want to reply to a few of the other posts, as well.

I 100% agree with Mitch... in most cases your local dealer is the best bet for warranty help. They usually have the items in stock and can help you immediately. If there are circumstances that make that not possible, you should always feel free to contact us (especially if your dealer has gone out of business).

James... you need to check yourself. First you are wrong in saying that we outsource our warranty. Our warranty claims are handled in-house by our CS crew and the warrantied items are sent to our warehouse in Redmond, WA. There is no relation in this process to anything that happens at HO or CWB or Ronix, etc... Motion Watersports is us and O'Brien... our in-house warranty crew handles all of our warranty issues. Second... financial problems? What the heck are you talking about? Please don't say things that aren't true on here just to start a rumor. I love Wakeworld, but I hate posts from people that claim they know something when they don't. Please stick to commenting on things you know to be facts.

To the rest of you... everyone here at LF apologizes for any delays you may have experienced. Our #1 goal is to help all of you have fun on the water. We know that delays in warranty hurt that experience and we do our best to keep the delays to a minimum.

Thanks for the support... have a great summer!

Don W.
Old     (bigdave0924)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-07-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Just got an email from Don at Liquid Force, and my bindings are scheduled to go out tomorrow. Thanks again to the guys at Liquid Force.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-07-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
I have been working with Mike at LF for about two years now, he has got to be one of the nicest guys around. I am certain that he wouldnt tell you anything but the truth regarding the status of your warranty repair. As you can see from the previous post, Don, Mike and the rest of the crew really believe in their product and stand by it 100%