Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       07-06-2017, 5:41 PM Reply   
picked up new bindings jumped up a size (12-15) due to base of toes allways cramping up. now these feel way to loose in the anckle and after 15 min test fit foot still cramps up. i know these arnt brokein in and will loosen up across the toes but makes me worry about the anckle going from loose to sloppy.and ive never wore boots where my toes are hidden. any thought tips pointers. true size 12 but wear 13 in most skate shoues.
Old     (BOOMSMACK)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-07-2017, 7:37 AM Reply   
most of the open toe bindings companies offer are their lower performance binding which is why your ankle feels loose. If you look at the more expensive pro model bindings they come in more specific sizes that will properly fit your foot. 12-15 is a pretty big range and is more of a one size fits all style of boot. Specific pro model bindings will usually run the same as a shoe size for instance 10, 11, 12, or maybe 10-11 or something. nothing wrong with open toe, but if you look at all of the pro riders they are all riding closed toe which in my opinion gives slightly higher performance. Also some companies offer the heat molded inside that can fit perfectly to your foot. I've never tried that before so I don't know how well it works but that might help you break in the binding faster and it will most likely help keep your foot from cramping
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-07-2017, 8:57 AM Reply   
Definitely need a better quality binding. I disagree that closed toe gives higher performance (there is a whole thread on this) , It is just that closed toe bindings are the norm now and perceived to be a better boot so they sell more and therefore more CT boots are available. Definitely spend more and geta better boot but go to a shop and try on several pair. I usually get a size down because they tend to stretch a little depending on the material but then with CT I end up having the problem that you have with my toes cramping at the end. Trial and error.