Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-01-2018, 6:50 AM Reply   
A few years ago I was riding about 50% park and 50% boat so I got a Slingshot Recoil which was a pretty good compromise at the time. These days I ride 100% boat and am looking for a new board. I’d like to be able to lock in on edge more than the Recoil will let me but I do like how soft it lands compared to other boards I’ve ridden. I’d also like the board to ride a little faster but I really like 3 stage boards and realize some of that speed is just inherent in how a 3 stage is built. Do you guys have any suggestions? I’m very open here.

Right now I’m looking at the Remedy, the One, and the Parks camber boards (or maybe the Space Blanket). The Remedy and One look like aggressive 3 stage boards, which I like. The camber boards seem to have mixed reviews here. I hear fans say the camber boards have a lot of pop but I don’t see anything about how it pops compared to a 3 stage or continuous board. What attracts me most to the camber boards is reviews on how soft it lands. I like that but I’m not sure how much I’m willing to give up for softer landings.

Am I on the right track? Are there other boards I should shave a look at? Thanks in advance.