Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2015, 12:17 PM Reply   
Can't believe there isn't a thread on here yet...hasn't been officially released but here's some other people's pictures that I found on the internets!
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
Few more
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2015, 12:24 PM Reply   
1 more
Attached Images

Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       07-27-2015, 12:36 PM Reply   
Not sure why Tige doesn't get more love. They seem like nice boats. Wet Sounds from the factory, high build quality, priced in line with the other wake / surf brands out there.

Last edited by 99ProAir; 07-27-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-27-2015, 1:43 PM Reply   
I had a chance to ride the green one at the Tige Wakeup in Utah last Saturday. Wake was big and rampy. Thumbs up!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2015, 2:16 PM Reply   
Is this an ASR replacement?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-27-2015, 2:43 PM Reply   
No love because the wakeboard wakes have been mediocre at best. Maybe they will get it under control.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-27-2015, 2:45 PM Reply   
^^ smaller version of the ASR or name change after 1 year? Looks like a sweet boat. But... If it's G money then I would go with the G. If I can ever afford one. 20K less- real world loaded up - than a G and I would put one in my garage.
Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       07-27-2015, 3:47 PM Reply   
Seeing that it is on a triple axle trailer it is 1) larger than an ARS or 2) replacement / upgrade. An ASR is in the $135k range.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       07-27-2015, 5:47 PM Reply   
According to the guys on Tigeowners.com it is not a replacement for the ASR but a new boat to the lineup....
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-28-2015, 12:17 AM Reply   
We used the RZX this past weekend at our event here in Utah and the Tige rep said that this was a crossover model aimed more at the surf side, while the ASR was suppose to remain their flagship wakeboard boat. I was told that this boat sold for $158k, but heard it from a 3rd party, not from the rep himself.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
Tige isn't worth over 100K. They don't have the best resale and have poor fit and finish. I would buy a Supra before a Tige.

Are they doing like Epic did with MC and now clamming they are made by Correct Craft.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2015, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Tige isn't worth over 100K. They don't have the best resale and have poor fit and finish. I would buy a Supra before a Tige.

Tige fit and finish is bad? What planet are you on?

It's easily on par with any MC I have been on (many).

No one holds a candle to nautique though.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-28-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=davez71;1917929]Tige isn't worth over 100K. They don't have the best resale and have poor fit and finish. QUOTE]

I have no issue with the fit and finish, at least on modern Tige's and I really like the styling but the 120K + part is what gets me. If you're going to pay G money, then get the G. I wouldn't pay Mercedes money for a Lexus or Infinity. Both are nice but one innovates where the others imitate.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2015, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Tige fit and finish is bad? What planet are you on?

It's easily on par with any MC I have been on (many).

No one holds a candle to nautique though.
I'm on the same planet as you.

Obviously, you must be on a different one to think that Tige is on par with any MC.

Having gone through a X23 and G23 back to back I don't think there is much difference between the two as far as fit and finish. CC interior is rock hard and square where as MC is more plush and round. They are both top end boats with high prices.

Tige is no where near the same league as these two.. Tige must be on the same plant as you!!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2015, 11:21 AM Reply   
I think a lot of these companies are a lot more in bed with each other than you think.

Ever look at the bottom running surface of the g series boats and notice the overall profile of the hull? It very much arks up ending in NCRS plates... Much like a patented technology by Tige. I have a theory that this is how tige gets away with the ASR, which has an eerily similar profile from the rear. Conspiracy theories aside...

There's a lot more tech sharing and less innovation than I think they try to make appear.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
I don't disagree with you at all they share things to a certain degree.

I mean point in case look at the Supra's, I think they took MC, CC and Bu combined everything they did good and tried to recreate it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I'm on the same planet as you.

Obviously, you must be on a different one to think that Tige is on par with any MC.

Having gone through a X23 and G23 back to back I don't think there is much difference between the two as far as fit and finish. CC interior is rock hard and square where as MC is more plush and round. They are both top end boats with high prices.

Tige is no where near the same league as these two.. Tige must be on the same plant as you!!!

Meh not even worth arguing with you.

Every MC I have been on has been a let down sans the 2007 X-star I go out in which blows away every other boat from that era. This includes one x25 horror story, which MC politely told the customer to go screw, which is worthy of about 10 pages of WW arguments, but I digress...

Flashy and plush does not mean good fit and finish, there's a big difference.
Nautique is straight killing the game in this department.

And trust me when I say tige has other quality problems, fit and finish is not one of them.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2015, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Meh not even worth arguing with you.

Every MC I have been on has been a let down sans the 2007 X-star I go out in which blows away every other boat from that era. This includes one x25 horror story, which MC politely told the customer to go screw, which is worthy of about 10 pages of WW arguments, but I digress...

Flashy and plush does not mean good fit and finish, there's a big difference.
Nautique is straight killing the game in this department.

And trust me when I say tige has other quality problems, fit and finish is not one of them.
Not trying to argue at all. There are other items that go into fit in finish and it all starts when you start opening things, removing panels and getting into the guts. You can say what you want but a local dealer sells tige and I went through one at the NOLA boat show and all I could do what laugh. They wanted 120K for a Z3. Things just aren't as solid when compared to others.

Let me guess, you think the Raptor engine is way better than Ilmor?

As far as your story of the X25, every company has horror stories. Shoot some Gs were snapping shaft, ballast tanks twisting and electronics were going out. Bu I have seen electroinc short and the hole boat go limp. No company is perfect.

All Im saying is that Tige isn't worth the MC, Bu, CC, and Supra money. Build wise I'm sure that make a good boat, but its just the attention to detail is where they lose me.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2015, 12:33 PM Reply   
That boat goes far beyond grenading shafts. I wish it had just grenaded a shaft or short :lol: would be an easier fix.

I find Malibu and Supra to be worse than that of tige, particularly in their carpeting jobs. But that's my opinion. You have yours. I've crawled through them all and then some at surf expo and beyond.

Any buyer would have to look and see what suits them best.

It's also important to note that in my area Tige's have sold at around Axis Prices, even factory ordered, despite MSRP. Dealers make a huge difference. Dealers here demand unreasonable premiums for Malibu, axis, and Supra. Nautique and tige get bigger discounts.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-28-2015, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
That boat goes far beyond grenading shafts. I wish it had just grenaded a shaft or short :lol: would be an easier fix.

I find Malibu and Supra to be worse than that of tige, particularly in their carpeting jobs. But that's my opinion. You have yours. I've crawled through them all and then some at surf expo and beyond.

Any buyer would have to look and see what suits them best.

It's also important to note that in my area Tige's have sold at around Axis Prices, even factory ordered, despite MSRP. Dealers make a huge difference. Dealers here demand unreasonable premiums for Malibu, axis, and Supra. Nautique and tige get bigger discounts.
As they should. I've been in all three. Supra and Malibu are way ahead of Tige'
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-28-2015, 1:14 PM Reply   
Don't gimme wrong I like the lines on a Tige but they aren't worth Malibu, MC money.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
IMO none of these boats are worth their price tags. It's getting absolutely out of hand.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-28-2015, 1:36 PM Reply   
I Agree with that totally. It's all about resale with that being said.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-28-2015, 5:35 PM Reply   
File this under, "things I don't care about". Overpriced and probably drives like crap just like the other Tige's I've driven.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
No body is in bed with each other. Everyone just borrows from others, pushing the boundaries of what they might get sued over. Patents cost money, lawsuits cost money, boat companies honestly do not make that much money. Many float around bankruptcy for most their existence. Perception is not reality.

Nick
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2015, 11:51 AM Reply   
They released a Youtube:
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-30-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
Jesus Christ this thing weighs almost 5800 lbs? Good god.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-30-2015, 1:40 PM Reply   
A lot of people here talk out of their ass, go demo them and make your own opinion.

I bought a R20 3 years ago, gave me 0 issues this whole time, surfs out of the box with a wake on par with big boats, wakeboard wake is amazing as well. Fuel consumption is also the best of any boat I evern owned.

As far as their interior, I would say they are better than the Natiques (not my boat, but the higher end Tige's), I find Nautiques very plain, Tige's interior looks luxurious just like Mastercrafts. Not sure why the love for Nautique interior, I think its the worst of the big players.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-30-2015, 2:46 PM Reply   
^The irony of that post.....
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       07-30-2015, 7:08 PM Reply   
Normally I stay out of these pissing match threads like this, but I've got to agree with simplej and Kronos. I'll openly admit that the older Tiges had their issues and QC wasn't on par with the big boys. But in the last 6 or so years they have completely turned those issues around and are producing an extremely high quality boat at a fraction of the cost of their competitors. I have a 2013 RZ4 that MSRP'd at around $108K, and I took it off the lot for a shade over $84K with TT&L and everything included. The most serious issue I've had with my boat was a battery that crapped out last season, and it turned out that they had a run of bad batteries from Interstate that made it into a few boats, so it was an easy fix and haven't had any issues since. I looked at a G, a Wakesetter, and an XStar before I bought my boat, and can confidently say that my fit/finish and build quality are easily on par with all of them. All of you guys hating on Tige are clearly still stuck in the past and judging them by their boats from the late 90s/early 00s. As for their prices on the ASR/RZX, yeah, they're expensive. But I guarantee you can get a much better price break on them over some of the other high end manufacturers. I've actually been contemplating buying an ASR with a MSRP of about $125K, but I already know that I can get it out the door for under $100K easily. You won't get a G23 for under $100k new. The one I looked at had an MSRP of $148K, and they acted like they were doing me a favor by pricing it down to $135K + TT&L.

As far as the RZX, it looks like a nice boat. But I'd like to see the stats on it before I judge the price. It looks shorter than the ASR to me, so not sure how they'd justify the price jump over it. But being a on triple axle trailer suggests it's the same size. I also find it strange that if this is supposed to be a more hardcore surf boat, that they decided to use the plates instead of the VX/AVX system that is known to make a great surf wave. I'll reserve judgment on it until I get to see/ride one in person.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-31-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
No body is in bed with each other. Everyone just borrows from others, pushing the boundaries of what they might get sued over. Patents cost money, lawsuits cost money, boat companies honestly do not make that much money. Many float around bankruptcy for most their existence. Perception is not reality.

Nick

The smaller brands, yes, probably.

But I know for a fact that the OP for the larger brands is, shall we say, better than you think.

MSRP is, we will call it theoretically, a roughly 100% increase over manufacturing cost, just as a theoretical example, and will vary boat to boat and manufacturer to manufacturer.

It is a very tough and competitive space though, nor detracting from that at all.

Last edited by simplej; 07-31-2015 at 8:19 AM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-31-2015, 8:31 AM Reply   
the margins are big really big. 130k boat is aprox 80k dealer cost, its lack of sales not profit. A large dealer may move 50 wake boats a year. Most 10 to 15, they need other lines to make money. Most of the boat marina's around pgh, (growing up there)that have been around for some time, all dropped wake boats. All said the same thing, too much overhead, no buyers, no profit when you have to give them away to get out of floor plan and the owners are a pain the the @ss.

I would think most manufacturers are buying identical systems with minimal differences. electronics, are mostly the same systems with different software, motor, power train, even materials for construction are coming from the same distributors. Why reinvent the wheel
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-31-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
^that.

It's really the dealer game that's the hardest, not manufacturing.

They could sue each other all day long.