Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-06-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
I am looking to see which lake you would choose to go to and why. I am looking at doing a trip next year to one of the two lakes. This would be a family trip with about 3-4 boats with a lot of kids. So things that we would need places to beach and hang during the day so the kids can play in the sand, but we all want to board and surf as well. We would be looking to rent some of the park models or home on either lake. Any and all input is welcome, thanks.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
San Antonio is pretty much shoreline camping, they have a couple of places you could rent but they are not much to look at. As far as beach area SA has more and water level will be much higher than Naci will be next year. Naci has more to choose from for rentals and is more of a resort feel (paved roads, swimming pools,stores
) both lakes will have decent water during the course of the day.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-06-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Why not go to both? Stay at Nacimiento though. They are not far apart, so you can visit Lake San Antonio for a day. That is assuming you are there for a short week at least.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
By next year Lake Nacimiento will be very low. Their rentals are probably better than that of San Antonio, but the low water conditions are something to consider. San Antonio has camping right on the water, which is a huge plus for the kids. However, there aren't many boarding coves. Honestly, it will be pretty difficult to plan a trip a year in advance, given the significant levels of water being released from both of these lakes.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
whats up ceasar? how is the cabin coming along?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
I finished the house right before Memorial weekend so we have been just enjoying the summer instead of working, heading down in a few hours for the weekend, are you going down ?
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
possibly for the day on saturday or sunday. i am leaving to hawaii for my wedding in a week and a half so i have a lot going on right now. i bet you are enjoying the lake house.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I will be in Las Tablas both days so look for my SAN,tell Mena we said hello.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
if we head down, i will definately look out for you.