Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-03-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Shame on me but it has been about a month since I been on the delta but it seems this summer is windy as all heck. So how has the delta been lately? I'm thinking about headin out to do some riding sunday
Old    kidrik            07-03-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
Damn.......watch you effing language man..

Get out there and ride!!!! (There's always good water around the next bend......) GO EARLY!

Have fun.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-03-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
yea i dont mind going early but getting everyone else out there early is another thing :-(
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
This afternoon it was GLASS
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-03-2007, 11:08 PM Reply   
if you dont like waking up early go out around 4 when everyone is coming back. My favorite time to ride is between 6-sunset. Wind always dies down and all the yahoo are already long gone.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-04-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
UploadUploadUpload
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-04-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
i mean it sucks at dusk to sorry
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-04-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
How is getting up early to ride or staying late till dusk a secret? That's pretty much something you could say about any body of water...b/c the average wally won't do it. Not like he gave directions to a particular slough or something. That being said, the Delta is always blown out, crowded and hard to find good water.

Old     (svtjay)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-04-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Like this for just about all of today!!!!

Upload
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-05-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
C'mon edit that pic out. Don't lie to people the delta only looks like that for 5 mins before the crazy's come out. And there's alligators and sewage and crazy powerturners.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
I went out as well at 530 am on the 4th and man it was the best glass all summer, thus far. The delta has been pretty blown out (for the delta still better on a windy day than any lake) so far. Hopefully the 100 weather mean calmer wind. A little rule of thumb that mostly plays true is that if its cooler than normal it means its a little windy on the delta.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-05-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
i was at the railroad a bit before 7 yesterday and it was just like the pick above till about 1030. Then it was the complete opposite! So about 3 hours of great conditions and riding on the 4th was good enough for me. Dropped the anchor and popped some bubbly the rest of the day. Not bad.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
I agree with JC and Migs, the water was great yesterday on the Delta. It was by far the best conditions I've rode all summer. I didn't have trouble riding Vics all day. Seems like everyone was posted up at ski beach and union point and left us all alone to wakeboard.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
JC...I bet you were the boat that came into Village West for fuel shortly before we went out. The pump attendant was calling us late arrivals because an earlier group had just come back in.

Ditto on the prime conditions yesterday. We've been hitting up the D' a few times a week, dealing with all the terrible winds. We had plans to get out early and beat the crowds but lagged a little. I guess the Wednesday holiday discouraged people because it was a ghost town all day. With no crowds, and the wind finally letting up it made for the best conditions this season.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-05-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
man i stayed away from the D because i thoughht it would be a zoo
Old     (svtjay)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-05-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
That picture was Victoria at 5:30 pm.. there was us and 1 other boat left in that area at that time, I think everyone left for the fireworks and we ate up the great water all evening. We rode on butter for hours!

(Message edited by svtjay on July 05, 2007)
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-05-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
nice very nice. i hear its gonna be blown out sunday ;)
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-06-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Nate, do you go out of Village West, were always looking for another boat to ride with, i.e. chase boat type stuff. Yea we got gas at like 815 and I flirted with the lady at the gas dock, jk, to give us gas before 830 when they opened.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
Yeah we ride out of VW a few times a week. I'm the red/silver Pro-V, FF dock. Easy to find us out there...we don't usually run past Paradise Point.