Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (landonpowell)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-23-2015, 4:47 PM Reply   
Hey Guys, my name is Landon. I am 14 years old and i have a huge inspiration for wakeboarding. I started wake boarding in 2013. I don't get very much water time, but my dream is to go pro. I live in Orange California. I am looking for people that also are inspired by wake boarding and that go out quit often. I will try my very best to pitch in on gas. So If you are near or in the Orange California area and are looking for riders to go out, PLEASE email me littlelp1@yahoo.com and I would love to see what i can do to start going out on wakeboard trips with you!

Thanks Guys,

Landon
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       02-24-2015, 9:13 AM Reply   
Hey Landon. You should check out the Find a Third/Be a Third section of the forums. Lot's of people in there looking to meetup and ride

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53686
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2015, 3:42 PM Reply   
Hi Landon and welcome to the sport. Couple quick pointers for ya. "Trying your very best to chip in on gas" will not fly for the most part. If you get lucky and find someone who is rich and doesnt care then I suggest doing whatever you can to keep them as a friend. This sport is by far not cheap. Boats cost 50,000-150,000$. Then add on californias over priced fuel, service, tax etc (for both the boat and the truck to get the boat to the lake) and taking just one set is extremely expensive. Plan on being ready to spend 20$ per each 20-30 minute ride. I suggest you start mowing lawns, doing chores at home, delivering papers, anything you can do to save some cash to ride.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2015, 7:27 AM Reply   
Also if you do get an invite, go over the top to help - clean the boat, roll ropes, flag,or whatever is needed. Be aware of how long you ride. Don't take a 1 hour set and think that has the same value as a 20 minute set. Lots of effort on your part combined with thank you's, goes along way.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-27-2015, 3:58 PM Reply   
I agree with the postings above. Make sure to offer up gas money, don't "wait to be asked". Help clean and wipe down the boat and just be friendly & helpful in general and people will invite you back. Showing up with, say, a case of water or soda is a nice gesture too.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-16-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
Boats run on "Gas" not "Thanks" Lots of people riding in Marine Stadium Long Beach and Elsinore. Carlsbad Lagoon is also a great spot. Check out Wakesports in Orange. The guys there are dialed in.

Hahn