Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                03-07-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
Ok, I know there are a lot of which board questions out there, but everyone that I have read is some one 125lbs and under... I am just learning to wakeboard, only been a couple of times, but just bought a boat so I can really learn now. I am wondering where to start with a board. I am 5'4" and 165 (I should diet), but in the meantime, I am wondering what board any of you would recommend. I was thinking about the Hyperlite Divine 134 (says it will work for someone my size and seems to be popular for beginners), but am wondering if something a little bigger would be better. I guess I am looking for whatever will be easiest to learn on. After I get started riding more I can make my own decisions, but right now I don't know where to start. Thanks for any help... Also thinking I will stay with Hyperlite or Liquid Force, because that's what the local board shop has, and I like to support those guys.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-07-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
My daughter who is 15 and is 5'6 weights 125lbs rides the hyperlite divine 134.... She is very pleased with this board and we have a new one as an extra in the closet... You will like this board. She rides with no fins as they have molded in fins.... Good Luck....
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-07-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
The Divine would work well for you for sure...it is a very good board. You may look into the Eden as well. The peeps at your local shop should be able to set you up right!

Zack Clark
www.BakesOnline.com
www.WakeboardNorthwest.com
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
The State would be a good choice, the Eden is the same board with gilr graphics, but youll be able to find it in a 135, which I would think is a good size for you. I learned a lot of the basics on that board, read the specs on the HL website. Wouldnt buy the state bindings though, they're too loose and unsecure for my taste
Old                03-09-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.
Old     (vdubb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-10-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
Hey I am 5'4" and 165lbs too...I bought a 134 Liquid force diva. I almost went with the 138. But after talking to some "experts" at shops and to some guys at wakeside, I decided that a 138 would just be too much board for me...since this will be my first attempt at wakeboarding. You should try to demo some boards from local shops to see what you like. I would of demoed...but there aren't any shops where I am at. Good luck.
Old     (sarahm408)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-23-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
I'm riding a 134 Divine and I love it... and I weigh a lot more than 125lbs!