Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old    blondiflex            03-20-2010, 3:27 AM Reply   
Hi girls,

i'm french wakeboarding woman, so sorry for my approximate english

i need your help, because in french forum there are no information about choice of deck...

So, i would like to buy a board, but i don't know wich one.

what are the differences between:

LF Jett or Melissa 2010
or Ronix, faith hope love or Dalhia 2010

i prefer ronix model design. i don't like a lot pretty colours !

Can you help me and wich size ?
my size is 1.60 meters and 56 kg
i ride with boat and i have intermediate level:
wake to wake heelside and 180 wake to wake
sometimes wake to wake toeside
roller backside and frontside
lipslide front and back
and i can ride in switch.

thanks a lot !!!

see you
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
Hey Julie!

No worries about the English, but you know we aren't great here in America with the metric system!! Thank Goodness for the internet, as I now know you are 5'3" and 123 lbs! Sounds like you have a pretty good bag of tricks too - Congrats!

I have not ridden the boards that you listed as I always buy men's boards to avoid the "pretty colors" you mentioned! However, I do have the 2010 Ronix Faith-Hope-Love Boots and really like them. If you go to the home page of this site, there is a "Gear" tab that will give you a lot of information on the different boards...

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...oduct_list&c=3

Also, Performance Ski always has excellent detailed information on the boards listed on their site. http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/20...ove-Board.html

What board are you riding now? What size? Do you have demo programs there? If so, I suggest trying a few out. The Dhalia might be a tad bit big for your small stature. I would stay between a 130 to 133cm board.

Hope that helps some...good luck and have fun riding!!
Old    blondiflex            03-20-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
Hi Kat,
i'll go to see the 2 website for more informations. thanks !!

i rode angel LF, and actually i'm riding with Ronix Vault in size 134. i prefer this board!
but it's not mine. It's friend's board and his boots are taller !! This summer i would like to buy a new one.

For the binding, like you i want faith hope love too.

the problem is with the choice of deck ahahah !!

if there are girls who have ridden these boards, i wait for them token
Old    blondiflex            03-20-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
And what are the differences between:

agressive continuous rocker (melissa lf)
progressive 3 stage rocker (jett lf)
hybrid rocker (faith hope love, ronix)
super flat rocker (dahlia ronix)
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
I have Ronix FHL bindings and they rock!! Closed toe is NICE!
Old    blondiflex            06-01-2010, 5:51 AM Reply   
Hey girls

i come back to know what the differences between faith hope love and dahlia deck ?
and which size ?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
The Dahlia is Hayley Smith's board - the women's version of the Ronix Mana (her brother Dean Smith's model). The Dahlia features a super flat rocker under your feet, with a really late/abrupt kick that doesn’t punch through the wake. This series was designed to be ridden on edge with a sharper rail throughout the board, but doesn’t need much angle into the wake get a solid pop off the wake. Total of 8 molded in fins .7” outer, and .4” inner provide just enough grip but still has easy release for spins; it only comes in a 135.

The FHL is Emily Copeland Durham's signature female specific deck. It has a slightly lowered hybrid rocker line blending speed, and a consistent smooth pop off the liquid transition, with a bigger sweet spot A new wider/mellower profile with more effective edge in the water means that instead of the angle generating the speed into the wake, the speed and lift comes from increased glide on the water and overall stability; it comes in a 132 or 136.

I haven't ridden either board, but from the descriptions....the Dahlia is a much more aggressive board w/explosive pop vs. the F-H-L having a more mellow feel but likely more forgiving. It comes down to your riding style/preference as to which one would be a better fit for you.