Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-01-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
Trying to find new bindings for my wife.
She wears size 5 women's shoes and boots. All of the nice bindings out there seem to start at size 6 and go up from there. How do you ladies handle this, I'd have a fit If I had to buy some p.o.s. binding because of the size limitation.
She has a very narrow foot and heel, hates bindings that allow heel lift when edging hard on toes.
Been running Hyperlite Parks XSmall for the past four years. They are toast and need to be replaced.

Let me know what luck you have had with this issue ladies..
Thanks,
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-01-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
my feet aren't that small, but they are narrow and i hate heel lift too, so i struggle to find decent boots I'm happy with.
last time i was looking into it, I found that LF do some of their mens boots in small sizes for groms etc. couldn't really get any concrete info, but might be worth looking into...
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-01-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
I had a guy tell me that a Dr. Schols insert can be added, it lifts the foot and makes the binding seem smaller and tighter.
I have not bought into that yet, it seems to me the binding just needs to fit, perfect!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-01-2010, 11:07 PM Reply   
yeah, I'm with you. sounds dodgy!
I actually recall someone telling me the the hyperlite women's boots are narrower than a lot of other companies, and I think I may have tried on the syn boots about 6 months ago, and they were pretty good... not sure how small they come though.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-02-2010, 4:27 AM Reply   
My daughter Delanie has very narrow small feet. she has been in the same situation for the past 3 years as you are in. Our solution has been to use neoprene socks under her boots. It has worked out perfectly. She really likes the cushion as well and you can't tell that you have them on. You can get them online.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-02-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
Hmmm, thats sounds like an idea worth investigating.
I would rather get binding's that fit but I'm open to suggestion...

Mike, would you, could you, find those socks online that you found to be good and post a link. If I try that route I would like to try it once and nail it.
Thanks
B.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-02-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
Mike,
Not trying to get weird here but you and I are the same age and I grew up in Louisville Ky. Nice boat by the way...

I went to Crosby Elementary and then moved to Calif during my 8th grade year. I graduated in 1982. My best buddies were David Faust, Jeff Able, Ronnie Able, Jeff Skeeter. Any of this ring a bell?

If we had gone to school together you would know, I was a trouble maker!
Brent Frank
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-04-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
Brent,
No I didn't grow up in Louisville. I grew up in South Bend In..I have lived in Louisville since college. I'll find a link for the wet socks, she needs some new ones anyway.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-04-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
http://www.leisurepro.com/prod/BLRNDST.html?srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=19-35680956-2

I think that this is the brand. They work great. Zero heal lift she says. She is on her 4th year wearing them. First year with some Murrays, second and 3rd year with Melissa's. This year it looks like Ronix. I'm looking forward to the year she doesn't need them, but I understand why the manufacturers don't want to sink the money into kids boots. They probably wouldn't sell many at the price point for the pro models.