Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-30-2017, 6:58 PM Reply   
OK, final (?) decision time. I am looking for the winter time deal on a surf boat. First time boat owner with crew of 5 to 9. and like everyone, a good surf wave. I have spent a ton of time reviewing old postings. I also appreciate everyone's replies to my previous emails. Here are the candidates:

02 Malibu LSV Sunscape. 436 Hours. Overall good condition. No ballast or PP. $22k.

06 Tige 24Ve. 360 Hours. OK shape but has a few cosmetic issues. Represented as mechanically sound. $29k

06 Enzo. 490 hours. Run out shows it half at idle, although I assume that to be normal. Stress cracks around some of the screw holes. One big scratch on one side. Perfect pass and ballast. Interior in good condition. Looks to be clean in the lockers. Dealer recently serviced the engine, plugs, wires, impeller, and more but cant recall. $25k.

So, after many months of searching it boils down to these three. Looking for a boat that is reliable and surfs well. That is my budget. If you see anything else out there let me know. I am ready to pull the trigger.
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-30-2017, 7:32 PM Reply   
The Tige will by far be the best surf boat out of the 3. Just accept 1k cost in adding custom ballast. That’s a decent price too, just did a quick search and that’s a EXTREMELY good price, jump on it.

Last edited by Surfer101; 12-30-2017 at 7:35 PM.
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-30-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
Here’s a good wave setup.

https://youtu.be/N6pb1oI50YI
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-31-2017, 5:25 AM Reply   
Tige!
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-31-2017, 7:40 AM Reply   
2005 for $19k. https://desmoines.craigslist.org/boa...426826728.html
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-31-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
I saw that 05, but man, that seems like a ton of hours.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       12-31-2017, 8:06 AM Reply   
Both the Tige and Enzo seem like great prices if condition is good. You should be able to get your money back after 2-3yrs if you take good care of them. Didnt say what model the Enzo is, Avalanche? Cosmetic stuff you can fix pretty easy and cheap if you are DIY guy....sounds like you should jump on the Tige, its also a boat that will resell well. 22 and 24Ve is considered to be one of the better surf boats of that era
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-31-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
1300 hours means I was used and probably taken care of since they were in it all the time and any little things that broke thy would have fixed to keep it going. Older stuff that’s sits and has few hours always gives more trouble.
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-31-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
For the centurion it comes down to the brand. Friends of ours have a 08 210.., I think. And it surfs like crap.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-31-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer101 View Post
For the centurion it comes down to the brand. Friends of ours have a 08 210.., I think. And it surfs like crap.
Enzo is a different animal. Yes, they sucked a big one for a few years.
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-01-2018, 10:18 AM Reply   
Enzo is and SV230. Overall does seem to be in good condition other than significant stress cracking around the screws.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-01-2018, 1:48 PM Reply   
Your choices are the best surf boats in their era. The 24Ve is easier to set up for surf once ballast is optimized. However, the SV230, when pimped out to its max potential is the better surf boat.

The SV230 has a a bunch of easy mods that will keep it competitive with modern surf boats. The natural wave is stellar out of the box but like most boats it needs some work to get the goofy side to be as good. This is due to the prop rotation. This can be accomplished by doing the asymmetrical wakeplate mod, installing a surf system, or simply using a suck gate. The suck gates also work well on the 24Ve.

The knock on the 24Ve is that it's slightly underpowered, especially when its ballast reaches its full potential. This is most apparent at elevation. The SV230 with the 5.7 also feels a bit underpowered at elevation but is fine everywhere else. An Enzo with the 6.2 is an absolute beast.

You can't really go wrong with either boat. I wouldn't let a few gel coat cracks dissuade you from either one.
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       02-02-2018, 2:31 PM Reply   
Went with the Enzo. In really good condition. Quite clean and the dealer had just completed about $2,500 in routine maintenance, new steering cable, plugs, plug wires, oil, impellor, etc. Compression was spot on. I want to thank everyone for all of the help in my different threads. I feel that based on my extensive research on past posts and input from all here I feel good about my choice. Now looking forward to Summer!
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       02-03-2018, 7:57 AM Reply   
Good choice and congrats!