Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Dbicks6)      Join Date: Jul 2020       07-04-2020, 1:11 PM Reply   
Just bought a 2018 v215 xtz. Took it out for the first today and had a great time. I tried to dial in the wake for both surfing and wakeboarding. Anyone with this boat have a few pointers on their setup to get a great shape to their wake? Trim up or down? Fill all ballasts or just the side you are surfing on etc. Any help as I'm a newbie would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (Losy)      Join Date: Sep 2019 Location: Long Beach Send a message via ICQ to Losy       07-06-2020, 4:15 PM Reply   
if you search V215 Ballast or scroll down a few threads a lot of people with 2015-2019 V215 have sold advice. Enjoy the boat.
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-07-2020, 3:52 PM Reply   
I have a supra but here is my recipe.
1 wake boarding. All bags full people placed as evenly as possible in boat , wake plate 50% speed 22.5.

Wake surfing , dump 650 pounds out of the bow
Speed is 10.6mph wake plate 0% and use a home make wave shaper. Hope this helps for you to get a base line.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-08-2020, 3:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojedi View Post
I have a supra but here is my recipe.
1 wake boarding. All bags full people placed as evenly as possible in boat , wake plate 50% speed 22.5.

Wake surfing , dump 650 pounds out of the bow
Speed is 10.6mph wake plate 0% and use a home make wave shaper. Hope this helps for you to get a base line.
wonderful. OP has a Sanger 215

for Sangers, the recipe is quite different.

wakeboarding, fill all ballast evenly to your desired wake size.
surfing: full surfside back corner, nothing in opposite corner. full locker bag. put a full 750 in the walkway. I also have 300 lbs lead up front even L to R. and another 500 lbs even midship.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-15-2020, 5:30 PM Reply   
When we surf with the 215 I have about 500lbs ballast in rear corner only and since I run about 300lbs pop bags in the bow no front ballast....then another 200lb ish sack on the seat in the rear corner and load everyone up on that side and rear as possible.

That gives us a nice moderate surf wake for what we are doing most of the time.