Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-23-2016, 5:43 AM Reply   
After finally getting my new '16 G23 and getting to play around on the surf wave a little, I have determined that the 100% settings are just too steep for my skim style board (at least for me) so I bit the bullet and ordered a "hybrid" style board, the DOOMSWELL Nubstep! Excited to get it...but...I didn't like the current color options that were available in the size I needed, and Brock told me he was backed up on Custom board orders until Feb!! So I decided to order a solid white one and asked for the traction pads to be left off so that I can prep and paint it myself. Just wondering if anybody would like to share their custom painted boards if you have any, whether painted by you or by somebody else! Would love to see some ideas. Here's just my first idea I sketched last night while watching TV. This shows blue and red, but the actual colors I would use are a bright blue and pink... Please share anything you may have!!

Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       06-26-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
mine

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-27-2016, 5:49 AM Reply   
That's pretty sweet! I like the flamingo! I was thinking of also doing something similar with a Blue Ox surfing or something (My boats name is Babe, the big blue ox). I like the pink though. My GF would love that board!
Old     (nashvegas)      Join Date: Aug 2015       06-27-2016, 5:15 PM Reply   
Sandm01, what traction pad is that?
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-05-2016, 4:38 AM Reply   
Are you saying that the G23 can't be dialed in to skim surf?

I'm looking at buying one. And now you have me concerned.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-05-2016, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafly08 View Post
Are you saying that the G23 can't be dialed in to skim surf?

I'm looking at buying one. And now you have me concerned.
No no no! It absolutely can! But for my level of ability on a skim board, I've had to dial it back to 50% ballast, NSS at 0, and NCRS at about 2-3. Those are the settings we found to work best for skim boards...at least for my abilities! I just wanted to be able to take advantage of 100% ballast and the beautiful wave this boat is capable of. Which btw....I love the new Doomswell I got! It def met my expectations. Although it is SUPER responsive! Gotta get use to that!

And here's what I ended up with for my design.....mostly just a bunch of doodling! But I do really like using the Posca and Boardstix paint pens...

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-08-2016, 8:31 AM Reply   
Here's my Doomswell Nubstep. not too crazy on the graphics, was trying to keep the costs down.