Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-10-2015, 5:43 AM Reply   
This thread is being directed toward Tim White. I started to just PM you or call the tech support, but then I figured this might actually be a topic that a few people might have interest in. So here are a few questions I have:

I am getting ready to order a new boat, a 2016 Nautique G23. My only real concern on my order is what stereo package to get. Since Nautique has partnered up with JL Audio for this new model year, I believe I am going to order the Studio Elite Package with the JL Wavefront just to see what that is all about. But my concern is for the tower speakers. I am pretty much going to be taking the boat straight from the dealership to a marine audio dealer to have some REV10's installed on the tower. Most likely 4, all with RGB LEDs, as well as a 420 equalizer. My question is, when I order the boat, should I get it with the tower speaker prep kit? Or just order it without and let the audio shop run all the wires? I already know that the REV 10's on a G tower do get kind of in the way of the spinner racks so I will want to mount them as close to center as possible. I'm not exactly sure what all the tower speaker prep kit from Nautique includes. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I finalize the order. And do you think I will need to get additional amps installed? The Studio Elite package does come with 4 amps (not sure of the total watts of each though).

Also, I plan on using Mikes Liquid Audio in Gastonia NC to do the install (I want to make sure everything is tuned right, which is why I'm not installing it myself). Unless you know of another shop that may be closer to me? I live in Radford, VA, and will be picking the boat up at Smith Mountain Lake.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I've had nothing but great service from Wetsounds in the past and will be a loyal customer for life! And love how active you guys are with your customers!
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-10-2015, 6:53 AM Reply   
re: ordering tower prep kit....unless Nautique changed things for 2016, the G23 comes prewired for four tower speakers plus lights even if you get just the base stereo. The tower prep kit gets you a very costly amplifier and associated power cable (...which you'll replace anyway). Sales guys will often say you need the tower prep kit to get the tower prewire--it's what they think, but it's not true.

Planet Nautique has multiple posts on this very issue and I confirmed it on my boat (base stereo 2015 G23).
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-10-2015, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichard View Post
re: ordering tower prep kit....unless Nautique changed things for 2016, the G23 comes prewired for four tower speakers plus lights even if you get just the base stereo. The tower prep kit gets you a very costly amplifier and associated power cable (...which you'll replace anyway). Sales guys will often say you need the tower prep kit to get the tower prewire--it's what they think, but it's not true.

Planet Nautique has multiple posts on this very issue and I confirmed it on my boat (base stereo 2015 G23).
Well....That is GREAT to know! Haha! I'm still ordering the upgraded stereo package (Studio Elite) just so I can get the Wavefront system (I've heard great things about it), and just leave off the tower speakers AND tower speaker prep kit and just add my own WetSounds amp and let them wire everything up. I'll try to confirm this over on PlanetNautique with Jeff just to make sure. Thanks a ton!
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-10-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   
You mentioned Mikes Liquid Audio. As someone who was once in the marine audio business for a very long time, I would highly recommend Mike as your equipment source and installer.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-10-2015, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
You mentioned Mikes Liquid Audio. As someone who was once in the marine audio business for a very long time, I would highly recommend Mike as your equipment source and installer.
Thanks!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-10-2015, 9:05 AM Reply   
"I am getting ready to order a new boat, a 2016 Nautique G23"

Hey, congrats!!!!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-10-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
^^ Yeah, no kidding! Congrats! A friend of mine just dumped his '15 G23 and got his '16 in last weekend. He says the JL is a big improvement from the previous years Polk system. Hoping to jump on this weekend and check it out.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-10-2015, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
^^ Yeah, no kidding! Congrats! A friend of mine just dumped his '15 G23 and got his '16 in last weekend. He says the JL is a big improvement from the previous years Polk system. Hoping to jump on this weekend and check it out.
Well if you remember...get back on here and let me know how it sounded! Do you know if he got the M-series Elite (standard) package, or the M-series Studio Elite (premium upgrade)? I'm asking because I wanna know about the Wavefront system and the Studio also comes with a 2nd JL sub to up the bass and I wanna know if this is a substantial improvement over the older G's which had just 1 Polk. Just trying to plan if I'll wanna upgrade the subs as well. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-10-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
Over the weekend, I had a few non-boat people on my boat & a G23 drove past us & my buddy says "dang, whats that?" I said, "that my friend is the Heavyweight Champion of the world."

Congrats again. Super jealous.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-10-2015, 11:38 AM Reply   
Brian- He says he has the upgraded package with both subs and the wavefront. Says its a really big improvement from last year.

Migs- Totally agree.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-10-2015, 5:20 PM Reply   
Hi Beg,

Sorry for the delay. Been busy day at the Surf Expo show. Sounds like some questions have been answered. I have not had a chance to hear the system so I do not know how the factory system sounds this year.

Mike is an awesome dealer and is a great guy too. You can't go wrong with him, he is honest and does great installs. My suggestion would be to talk with Mike on the system. See if you can demo the new factory system first and decide if its worth it to you to get the factory system or just have Mike do the entire system.

If the tower is pre wired, just be aware it will not have RGB wiring and Mike is going to have to wire the tower anyway if you want rgb. So have him run the proper ga wire and rgb wire all at the same time. So don't order any extra tower wire package and just see what comes with it. Even if the tower prep kit is ordered, i have not seen them do any rub, only single color as option.

Feel free to email me anytime twhite@wetsounds.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-10-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
If not going with the OEM tower speaker offering, I would not pay to have the tower pre-wired. In a lot of cases, we find the OEM wiring to be insufficient for the wattage that the customer is going to drive the aftermarket speakers with. In some scenarios, the OEM wiring does not pop out of the tower where it needs to in order to connect to the aftermarket speakers. So, we end up having to rewire wire. anyway. Tim makes a point also about the LED. That wiring would also have to be fished.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-11-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim and everybody else!! Sounds like I've got the stereo details covered! Now if I can just finalize my color choice! Haha....the girlfriend keeps making me change my mind!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-11-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
what colors are you thinking?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-11-2015, 1:29 PM Reply   
Let me assist with that:
Attached Images

Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       09-11-2015, 6:24 PM Reply   
Drool....drip....drip....drool......^
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-12-2015, 7:05 AM Reply   
Black and grey is so slimming. Man that thing looks so good and congrats on the order.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-13-2015, 6:38 PM Reply   
I do like your boat a lot! And I did consider something like that, esp since I have a lifted all black truck. But the boat I have now is all black and I think I wanna go for something with a lil more color this time... a lil more bling on the water. Plus, they don't have black interior deck as an option on the 2016's which is the first reason I decided to go with color, because I really don't like my white interior deck. I was moving something towards this....

I know it's not as sleek as black and grey...but I just wanted to try something different.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2015, 7:16 PM Reply   
Reef Blue is the color my buddy did on his '16 and DAMN that thing looks awesome on the water!!!
Attached Images

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-13-2015, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Reef Blue is the color my buddy did on his '16 and DAMN that thing looks awesome on the water!!!
That thing is beautiful!
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-14-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:

Yeah I was between the Reef Blue and the Masters Blue!! I actually designed the same boat I posted above in Reef blue as well. However, there is already a '15 G21 on our lake and in the cove we mostly board in that has the Reef Blue/Gun Metal Flake color scheme on it (with white deck and hull, which is REALLY beautiful on the water!!), so I just wanted something a little different!