Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-08-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
Has anyone used the Humanoid Odyssey boots?

How does the comfort compare to other boots.

Also, does anyone know if the Humanoid hardware works well with the Slingshot track?
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2014, 8:09 AM Reply   
I haven't worn the odyssey but I LOVE my howls. They are super comfortable and I'd imagine the odyssey feels similar. No experience with the fast track mounting system but if you shoot them an email they are pretty quick to respond and will be able to tell you through customer service and its often one of their pros they respond to the email.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-10-2014, 3:58 PM Reply   
The Odyssey boots are similar to the Slingshot rads. A nice tall cuff for added support, a quick lace system and an ankle strap for added support. Very comfortable and made well. The nice thing about the higher cuff and the ankle strap is that it gives you the option to tighten or loosen it depending on the amount you support/flex you want. When boosting behind the boat, strap it tighter.. Taking some laps at the cable? Just loosen it up to really flex your board out on the features.

The Humanoid hardware will work with the Slingshot track system you just need to purchase a new screw to make it work. Humanoid and everyone else ships their boots with M6 screws while the Slingshot track system uses M5. The standard screw from the Slingshot track mount is not long enough to go through the Humanoid Smart Toof claw and connect to the sliding Tbolt of the track mount.

You need to get an M5 screw that is 25mm in length. Once you have this, you just need a washer and are set. I did this mock up using the M5x25mm screw with the standard Slingshot recessed metal washer and plastic washer between the screw head and the Humanoid Smart Toof claw and the bindings tightened down with no issues. This setup felt very solid.

Standard M6 vs the Slingshot M5

Slingshot M5 T-bolt and the M6 screw from the Humanoid Bindings

M6 from Humanoid - M5 that Slingshot ships with their bindings - The M5x25mm screw you need to make this work.

The M5x25mm screw with the Slingshot Washers

The whole package bolted to the board

Last edited by scuba_steve; 12-10-2014 at 3:59 PM. Reason: added picture
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-11-2014, 8:26 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Steve. Appreciate it!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-12-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
Rode them once before the end of the season on my Recoil. I REALLY liked them other than being super stiff and needing to be broken in still. I had to run to Home Depot and get some alternate hardware to make everything work as I wanted it (as mentioned above), but no big deal.