Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-10-2020, 1:38 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
Just wondering what’s your thoughts about all different Boat surfwave on the market for 2021
And most important, why ?
In the 21-22ft range (lake restriction)
Don’t wanna talk about the price or the comfort just the wave.

Will sell my 2017 Nautique and be on the market Next season.
After owning few boats since 2010 and drive probably all
What I realize is I don’t really care about the color The style or whatever.
The surfwave is really in the center of my needs.
This summer I’ve done few test drive and want to know if I missed few and What model is worth to try.
Since 2017 I’m not up to date on new models, new surf system, etc.

I chose Nautique few years ago because of the boat, what it offer and reliability. Been really satisfied.
This year I wanna concentrate on the wave itself

After that we could debate on reliability, quality, etc.

Thanks people.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-10-2020, 3:00 AM Reply   
Leaving aside price the first place I’d look is the Mastercraft X22. Love the X24 wave and I hear the X22 is similar.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       09-10-2020, 3:52 AM Reply   
Centurion Fi21 is the king of 21's. Ram-fill, close to 5k in ballast, Opti-V hull. Join the OFFICIAL Centurion/Supreme Boat Owners group and put FI21 in the search bar, you'll find tons of videos and pics.

I'm demoing a Vi22 today, which supposedly surfs amazing too.

If you have budget constraints check the Axis T22/A22. I demoed the A22 and really liked the wave.

Other notables for massive waves- MB Tomcat 22 and the 21' MBs put out sick waves too. I've seen some videos of the new Tomcat Alpha 22 and it looked sick.
Also the Moomba Max supposedly has great waves with over 5K in ballast, but i'm personally not a fan of looks and size.

I demoed the ATX 22 last year, I wouldn't even consider it. It was very loud and harsh driving, mediocre build quality, and most importantly the wave was a complete let down stock.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-10-2020, 5:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for sharing
Since I came from Nautique ATX Axis is definitely not in my mind haha...

Fi21 is the next one im testing too.
Ive tried the Vi22 this summer and yes the wave is amazing but ’a fuel too!
Crazy how heavy this thing is fully loaded, obviously the wave is Big but not that long.

Sadly MB doesn’t exist in eastern Canada.. nearest dealer is like 6hours drive, not an option.

Ive demoed à GS22 2021 last weekend and were VERY surprised.
The new surf plates are really amazing. Massive wave and long.
Most important the boat does it without having 5K of ballast.
Everything OEM with the pro ballast pack.
Really impressed but I want to try other too.
Fi22
X22
22vlx
Are my next.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-11-2020, 12:37 AM Reply   
Malibu's 23 LSV produces a nice wave. I'd suggest you demo one. I owned a 22 VLX and, honestly, I'd just jump to an LSV. The extra foot is well worth it and they are about the same price.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-11-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Honestly, at this point all the new boats make really good waves. For me the best are Nautique, Supra, Centurion, and Mastercraft. I'd put Malibu in the second tier behind those guys. I don't know much about Tige so I'm not sure where they fit. I did not mention the budget boats because it sounds like you are not going that route. At that point, look at features and wake adjustability (is that a word?) and pick the boat you like best.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-12-2020, 12:01 AM Reply   
I have a fs44 with cats and ram fill. so its somewhat not fair to judge other boats, but I have surfed many, the push or power of the wave seems to be a major factor on some, as you can make a great looking wave, but some have very weak push, So getting a solid wave is sometimes harder on certain boats. The size of the wave is not necessarily the best wave, the power of the wave is key.

Also the set up, if its a PIA to set up the boat, you won't. The old days of having people hanging off the side, bags all over the seats, and water coming over the sun deck is redic.