Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-06-2017, 7:11 AM Reply   
Like few knows I changed my 2016 Tige RZR.
Before making any decision I tested (surf and drive) a Malibu 22vlx, MasterCraft xt21, Supra SR, Tige Z1 (even if I wouldn't return with them) and finally stopped for a 2017 Super Air Nautique 210. Bought it at 22hours (demo) and I made my first 30 on it.
50hours so far, the only thing I can say is :
Could not made a better decision even with the money I lost in the exchange. (Lost less than I expected tho). But I mostly choose it because of the dealer proximity, good service reputation and the best deal offered.

A Tige wave still a tige wave. But the amazing stock wave sometime's not all.
Tige boats stay good product. I don't hide I had few problems with it but it's part caused by the dealership itself and not tige company. But I have to say tige company had making hard time reaching them and ship part too..
But that's not the case here! I wanted to make a review about the Nautique 210. A boat that I was underestimating.

- First thing impressed me was the motor insulation.
We really barely hear it compare to the indmar engine. PCM zr4 works really well. Tons of Hp and torque for the boat dimension. Little more fuel hungry than the raptor 400 but not really noticeable and BIG difference it runs on 87 fuel with marine stabilizer (yes it's really marked)
After having a 400 i Personally prefer PCM over indmar. Feels more smooth and more responsive, less noisy and looks more though. The stock exhaust pipe is a big part of the quietness too.

- Handling
seriously This boat have a phenomenal handling. Wether cruising at 35mph or with all ballast full the boat feels rock solid and always could drive it with my little finger. This thing turns on a penny No compare with G series that drive like pigs haha..

- how the boat stays the nose down.
One thing I had to adapt was to keep the nose down. Nothing over the steering to keep optimal vision without the seat cushion. When I test drive the seller was telling me the seat bumper is never used.
And it's true even when all ballast full the nose is always down. If you got to use the bumper it's not good, it really messed up the wave. I was used to full up the rears on every boat I had or been on so I made the same on mine and had really hard time dial a good surf wave but when you keep in mind to ALWAYS keep the nose down your good.
Not have pull up the bumper when someone surfing make a total comfort difference.

Thing is Nautique are concerned about little details (storage trays for hiding fatsac, bow window lock, waste trash, removable lean back). All small things that looks insignificant but when you use them it make the difference when you pay that price.

Mx series with Roswell tower speakers really get the job done (Wetsound system was little bit better tho).
Tower is great too. More height space But the Bimini is a whole other story haha.
NSS works really well, got to adapt because it react differently then all other "plate" surf system. No actuators are visible it's a great plus.
Same with LINC system. Personally prefer the tige touch2 but it works well (2018 line up come with the new LINC and I'm pretty sure it's better)

Overall Really love the Nautique 210.
Definitely needs to add weight or crew for an optimal surf wave but when you do it correctly it's perfect. Great push even with the NSS fully deployed and a nice clean lip wether for skim or surf.
And just saying.. done more hours in 3weekends with my 210 than a whole year with the tige !

Big thanks to our seller and SportMarine for the incredible service. Dropping the boat for us on our lake and took 3hours to make a complete boat tutorial and make a dock setup.
Attached Images

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-06-2017, 8:29 AM Reply   
Nice review and kudos for a proper pic with candy! They are both beautiful
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-06-2017, 8:34 AM Reply   
Love the interior and the eye candy..... Nice write up.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-06-2017, 10:06 AM Reply   
I like the ballast on her. Nice boat too.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-06-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Can you post a picture of the boat?
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-06-2017, 2:18 PM Reply   
Haha yes sure sorry it was the best picture I had this morning !
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-06-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-06-2017, 2:26 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2017, 3:07 PM Reply   
Beautiful boat!! Did the '17 210s and 230s not get the panoramic linc screen like the G series?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-06-2017, 3:14 PM Reply   
I'd prefer pics with "candy" in each one but I guess these will have to do.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-06-2017, 6:48 PM Reply   
Hahaha sorry Dave XD

And no Brett.. 210/230 comes 2017 with the Linc 2.0 . But the 2018 line up have the new panoramic Linc and the scroll button like all G series
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2017, 6:50 PM Reply   
Ah I got ya, thanks!
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       09-07-2017, 5:43 PM Reply   
Really nice boat, I love how Nautique does the wide walk thru in back...and has the step up from the interior without stepping on a vinyl seat, and how on the new models where you do have the back seat in place...they installed a "step" in the middle of the seat (think that is the G tho), where you have seat in place but still dont have to step on vinyl...something the other manufactures need to catch up on. Very nice and congrats!
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       09-07-2017, 7:05 PM Reply   
Gorgeous boat. Congrats!
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-08-2017, 5:49 AM Reply   
In the pics it looks bigger than a 210.....congrats nice boat. And a pretty nice person to look at while riding too....living the good life
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-08-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
In the pics it looks bigger than a 210.....congrats nice boat. And a pretty nice person to look at while riding too....living the good life
Haha everyone have their own point of view! I'm not complaining, i am very lucky to live the life I live but this summer was total hell! With all the problems with my brand new Tigé RZR. It was his first summer, done 19hours with it in all summer. Drived approx 1,200miles just for towing my boat at the dealer or at home. Since 1 July the tige is at the dealer for warranty maintenance and still not ready yet. No loaners was offered so a passed the whole summer without a boat that I just spent 70k on.
I finally took the decision to give my brand new boat in exchange for this Nautique 210. And that's not include the 7k i lost for the exchange of my tige. Even if it has 19hours on the count.
28 august took possession of the 210 and hope all this crap will be behind me!

Last edited by Mike88; 09-08-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-08-2017, 10:59 AM Reply   
Well mines been in the shop since July 24th, so missed most of the summer too, BUT I'm in Georgia so we got a few more months. ( AND mines a 2002 long since paid for so not nearly as painful ). Hope you get a few weekends of riding in, get some wetsuits, after labor day can be the best riding times.

Last edited by soonerbilly; 09-08-2017 at 11:00 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-08-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
I'll say it again.....for new boats, it's the big one (Nautique) and then everyone else and then the "price point" brands. But the reality is that the price point brands are pretty sweet as well.

Sweet boat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2017, 3:21 PM Reply   
I really like those interior colors. Dope