Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-14-2017, 6:14 PM Reply   
Well, I've been on the same LF shapes for a long time. The Shane and then the Watson. I'm ready to try something new. Any thoughts on the One board? I've got a pair of Ronix code boots and thought about trying out a Ronix board. I've never owned one and was curious anybody's experience with this board.
http://www.ronixwake.com/Product/one-timebomb/
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-14-2017, 7:00 PM Reply   
I just bought and rode a one timebomb on wednesday. Board hooks super hard and not to bad breaking it loose. It comes with 1.0 fins installed and also comes with the .8 fins as well. Super stiff board that just launches off the wake and super light as well.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2017, 9:34 AM Reply   
I heard the Code 21 is a great board , best on opinion only, in the Ronix line for the old school riders on boat wakes.. I almost bought one but decided to go with the LF Remedy as the Harley was my favorite, you might like the Remedy..Demo demo demo buy it fro a Pro shop who offers a30day performance guarantee that if you don't like it you can trade it for another just in case..

if you want to try a Camber board I have one for sale you can demo , its not for everybody but you never know..
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-10-2017, 10:23 AM Reply   
I had a 2013 One time bomb and now ride a 2015 time bomb. I also have a 2015 Watson. I thought the older One shape was the best board I ever rode and then I rode the new shape and it was even better. Lighter, faster, easier to ride longer because there is less drag, and much more pop. I was hesitant with the bit more flex with the new shape but I actually like it a lot more and has a bit of snap to it. Loose until you want it to hookup. I use the .8 fins on mine. I would definitely say to do it
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-10-2017, 11:50 AM Reply   
I had a 2014 time bomb and now I've got a 2017 time bomb. I really like it - light, fast, and poppy like Mike said. My only reservation about the board is it lands hard so you absorb a lot of the force.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2017, 5:49 AM Reply   
Personally, I ride the Bill/Willam best, but I have a close friend that kills it on the One. The Bill/William is the fastest board I have ever ridden. I'm primarily a wake to wake rider. I like that out in the flats, I do no work and can slam into it at the base of the wake. The One is slower (more like the Shane/Watson). It isn't super slow, but it requires a drawn out progressive edge, like most boards. One thing to say about the One is that it rides small--In the air the 142 has no swing weight. The Code is workhorse. It does everything well, but can be a little boring IMO.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-12-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeab8 View Post
I had a 2013 One time bomb and now ride a 2015 time bomb. I also have a 2015 Watson. I thought the older One shape was the best board I ever rode and then I rode the new shape and it was even better. Lighter, faster, easier to ride longer because there is less drag, and much more pop. I was hesitant with the bit more flex with the new shape but I actually like it a lot more and has a bit of snap to it. Loose until you want it to hookup. I use the .8 fins on mine. I would definitely say to do it
This is me EXACTLY. I had the old 2013 time bomb shape and loved it. I bought a 2015 William and didn't like it at all. My shop let me trade up to the new Timebomb and immediately I knew it was the right board for me. It's my favourite board yet.