Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       11-30-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
3 of us will be in Breckenridge 12/16-12/19. Shuttles seem expensive. Is the best way to go to rent a car?
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-30-2010, 4:24 PM Reply   
Rent a car for sure! I lived in Breck for 2 seasons. The thing about Summit county is that there are a ton of options. Sometimes Vail will get snow and Breck nada. A-Basin will be insane and Keystone is ice. The best thing to do is to keep your options open to get the freshies!! I personally would not go there without a car. It's cool to check out some of the other towns around S.C. too.

Have fun chasin tracks!!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-01-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
4wd rental. Like Tommy said, you're options can change. We nixed Copper one day due to high winds and went to Keystone to ski the trees. A-basin is just sic, my favorite for sure.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-01-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
I was going to suggest taking I-70.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-01-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Slight de-rail>>>>>>>
Have any of you ever taken the train to Winter Park-Mary Jane?

BTW, I 70 is a good suggestion.. LOL
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-01-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Slight de-rail>>>>>>>

No but I have taken Mary Jane to most of the other Mtns in CO.

Sorry...
Couldn't resist.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-03-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Slight de-rail>>>>>>>

I never have, but I heard it's a nice way to get there.
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-06-2014, 11:23 PM Reply   
How is I70 when it snows, I drove from breck to Denver in the rain in the summer and that **** was scary as hell... My cousin says sometimes It closes and you can take another route from the south and up through South park etc because its an emergency route they always keep open. might be a more scenic route.
Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       03-07-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
its not bad, i've done it with a foot of snow on the ground in a front wheel drive escape rental. But if i did it again i would wait another day. The state will tell you to stay the hell off the road
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2014, 1:02 AM Reply   
I traveled solo and paid the $70ish dollar fee on one of the shuttles to get to breck village. I flew in during a big storm and to be honest it was nice not having to drive in the terrible conditions. Once I was there the bus route in town was awesome and got me where I needed to be. Then stayed in an airbnb place for $100 a night. I have not found a ski destination town that was this easy to get to and get around with renting a car.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2014, 3:31 PM Reply   
Yep, and you can even take buses to the other resorts in Summit County. Did you take CME?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-17-2015, 1:42 PM Reply   
70 is prone to closure. Had to do the back way in through Fairplay and barely made it. Check CDOT for best updates on 70