Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       10-16-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
Hey!

I'm looking for some advice from anyone who is out there. I'm 23 and have saved up a fair amount of money to buy a boat of my own. I'm looking for something around $10-$15,000. It will probably be impossible to find something without a ton of hours on it, but i'm willing to deal with it.

There are lots of options out there, however, where is a good place to start the search?? I live in Massachusetts, but that probably wont restrict my limits to travel if I can find a good deal.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-16-2013, 6:48 PM Reply   
Searchtempest.com

Onlyinboards.com
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-17-2013, 9:48 PM Reply   
Hey man there's plenty of good deals out there just wait for that right one. It's going to be tempting to not just jump on every boat you think is a good deal. Watch Craigslist a lot with a big radius to get a good idea for the market and what boats sell for and don't sell for. It's definatly the best time of year to buy a boat for cheap. I assume your looking for an inboard wake/surf boat? There's another thread where a guy is looking at boats pretty similar in your price range. If you haven't already you should check those out. I find Craigslist to be the best to find stuff, and the easiest to negotiate the price on. However the boats often need a bit of attention. Onlyimboards IMO seems like everything is priced on the high side but every now and then a good deal pops up. The boats on there usually tend to be a lot more taken care of than the ones on Craigslist.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-18-2013, 4:54 AM Reply   
With that much down you'd have no problem getting a loan for 25k and getting into a decent boat with a pyt at 80 bucks a month or so