Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (WakeNauty_08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-12-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Hey guys, Hoping you can help me out. One of my speakers has come loose from its clamp and I do not know how to tighten it back up. I feel silly asking but do not want tear anything up if i go about it wrong. They are on my 2013 Nautique 230, Its the new tower if that helps identify the clamps in anyway. I have taken off the speaker grill and the light ring an found that the LED strips are glued in front of the speaker and also the speaker is glued in.

Any advice on how to go about it? I hope i don't have pull out the LED strips and pry that speaker out.

Side note, The clamp is securely tightened to the tower. Its the speaker to its clamp.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-12-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
Uhh, id be taking that SOB back to the dealer, don't you think?
Why fiddle with it. It should be an easy fix but why bother. Have your dealer take care of it
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-12-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
Are you referring to the driver itself coming loose from the enclosure? I'd be taking it back to the dealer for sure.
Old     (WakeNauty_08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-12-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
Here is a picture. I am just wondering how to get to the bolts.

And the driver is good. Unfortunately it appears it may have to come out to get to them.

The dealer will be next. Just curious to see if it was something I could do myself.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-12-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
The bolt heads that you need to access are going down through the clamp half into the pod, not from inside the pod to the clamp.

its best with a 2nd pair of banks, but you will need to remove the 2 bolts that clamp the 2 halves to the tower and slowly lower the a little. From there, you will see the 2 allen bolt heads. Before tightening, they need a little loc-tite on the threads. Pull them one at a time, add the loc-tite and re-install. Once both are back in, then securely tighten them, but not too much. Do not over tighten the clamp bolts either.
Old     (WakeNauty_08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-12-2013, 9:46 AM Reply   
Thanks Mike!

Just the response I was looking for. Saves me a trip to the dealer.
Old     (WakeNauty_08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-12-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Done deal guys. Took all of about 15 mins. Thanks again for the help.