Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                10-26-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
I am thinking about getting my girlfriend into wakeboarding. I was looking at maybe getting her an 06 LF Diva/Element package. I have no idea what size i should get her though. She is about 5'5" 120-125
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-01-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
I got my gf a double up serina 133 with double up womens nitric bindings she's ths same size as your gf.
Old                11-01-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
chris-

i would definately recommend the Diva 134 for your girl friend. i am 5'6 125 and i ride the diva 134. its a super easy riding booard with good pop and not only will it be a good board for her to learn on but, she can also ride it for a while. let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.

alecia
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-29-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
My wife is 5ft 6inches tall and @ 125 #'s. She rides the diva 134 with the Transit bindings and she has the Mynx bindings too. She loves the board and rides it well. Good board in my opinion. my 2 cents
Old                05-25-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
I was also thinking about this package for my girlfriend. But my concern is after reading the description for the element bindings, I am wondering if they may be to narrow a binding for her feet. She wears a size 9 womens shoe, and has a wide foot.

Any thoughts if the bindings will be ok?
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
I'm 5'8", 120# and I have the Double Up Sirena 133. I don't know much about sizes for boards, but it seems to be a stable size for me. As for bindings, I actually tried on several pairs because they all fit so different. What about surprising her with the board and then taking her shopping to pick out some bindings? That way she can try them on and find what's most comfortable for her.
Old                05-25-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
I like the way you think Kylie. The only thing is that they have a pretty good package deal with the diva/element right now. But I do think she should try on bindings first.

Also, I think she would like a ring as a surprise before a new setup.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Tony,

I ride the LF Cadence with the 05 Minx bindings. Love them both! My foot is also wide, size 9. One thing that you will probably have to do for a wide foot, no matter which bindings you choose, is stretch them. Mine fit perfect initially when trying them on. However, after a while of riding my feet would start to go numb. Turns out they were too tight on the widest part of my foot. If you put baseballs in the toe of the bindings, it will help. Also wearing them in the shower, or sitting them in the hot water with the objects in them helps to stretch them as well. They need to be snug, so after stretching the toes, they are perfect...no more numbness. My boyfriend has the elements and they don't seem to run as snug as the Minx. Of course trying them on is always best...

Then again...a ring is always nice...
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Chris and Tony...talk about the nicest guys on the lake/river (re: buying your girlfriends wakeboard setups). Okay, now that my jealousy is over...wait...almost...wait for it...wait for it...okay...I'm back now...

I bought myself the 2006 Liquid Force Minx bindings and absolutely LOVE them. Trying them on is a must (and already mentioned above by Kylie...great idea on the surprise Kylie).

Tony - About the wide foot thing...I have broken both of my toes in the past (unrelated to wakeboarding) which creates the need for a wider front part of the binding. According to LF's sizing chart, a small binding should fit my size 6 shoe size. I went up a size and the mediums fit the "broken-toed-girl" feet great.

My boyfriend has the Transit bindings and likes those too and he's broken both of his toes as well so those might work for wider feet.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
Perfect example for trying on bindings, because I wear a sz 7 shoe, but my feet are fairly narrow. My LF Minx bindings are, I think, 2004 and they're a sz. small; the mediums slid all over on me. and michele is right . . . a ring is always nice. heck, why choose? just buy her all of the above!! p.s. Chris - apparently that diva/element package includes a ring . . . make sure you ask the salesclerk about that!!

(Message edited by kylielogan on May 25, 2006)
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Hey Girls that have the 2006 LF Diva 134 Which bindings do you have??

Kels
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
my wife has an 06' angel with 06' watsons...sweet!