Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       11-13-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
What do other girls wear when they ride? Do you wear what you do to be practical or sexy? Just wondering, post some pics.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       11-13-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
dont have any pics, just wear whats comfy i dont go out there to look hot. Normally long board shorts.
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-13-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
I am with you on the board shorts !!! And a bikini top !!! And now days a drysuit and sweatshirt !!!
Old     (nautiquechick04)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-13-2004, 11:11 PM Reply   
Yep definitely boardshorts and a bikini top. I prefer the long board shorts, but I wear short ones once in awhile. Yeah I don't go out there to look hot, I just wear what I like to wear...
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-14-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
usually boardshorts and a rashguard or neoprene top depending on how cold it is
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-14-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Depends on who the crew is, the time of year, the air temperature and the water temperature, but 75% of the time, I go for practical with a sexy twist if possible. When nice weather, long boardshort, rashguard or neoprene with a bikini underneath it. When cold, polar fleece head to toes with a sweatshirt underneath the polar fleece top.

Unfortunately no pictures of me riding because I am usually driving or behind the camera. Sorry.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
long board shorts are the way to go, I find that the short ones ride up lol
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
ok cool,

no pics? lol
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       11-17-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
guys boardshorts

for your understanding john: lol ;)

Old                01-06-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
I agree long board shorts are the best wit a bikini top. I just wish the board short companies would catch on that many girls like to wear the long board sorts just like the guys. They need to make long board shorts with feminen desines/colors, I mean there are some but thats just when you get lucky. I have seen many short board shorts that I love but I don't get them bc they are short and not real comfy for wakeboarding.
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-19-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
I like the short boardshorts with a bikini top and life vest (of course). I find the long ones are a pain cuz they stick to my legs and I have to pull them down all the time.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-09-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
Personally I think girls look funny with long shorts.

I think short shorts are a bit more sexier than long one's like Jennifer posted,I like to be able to tell who's ridin!lol
Old                03-10-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
Definitely short shorts! Gotta look sexy while you're out there. If it's a comfortable crew, I'll even just wear bikini buttoms + top and life vest.

Come on girls, you don't wanna ruin that tan with long board shorts!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Tiffany ~ Not that you need one,but if you ever wanna pull once I move up there in the spring....It will be a pleasure having a girl on the boat that doesn't dress like a guy!LOL
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
not funny Ed, and tiffany when most girls go to ride, they go to ride hard and to have fun, not look cute and tan.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
im with ashley on this one...not very funny

riding hard doesnt work to well when you have to worry about falling in small bikini bottems...companies keep making them smaller and smaller.

I could really care less what anyone thinks anyways, i hav eofficially tossed all of my short shorts. I just got a sweeet pair of girls long volcom plaid shorts, love them.
Old                03-11-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
I have a two piece speedo that i wear. the top is a zip up racerback halter top style.
i LOVE long board shorts. they're comfy and functional.
jennifer and ashly----you are absolutely right. i go out to the lake to tear it up and have a good time, not to look "cute" and get a tan! please.

i just bought a pair of blue and white o'niell guys long shorts for this season!

(Message edited by hyperchick05 on March 11, 2005)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-11-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   

quote:

Definitely short shorts! Gotta look sexy while you're out there. If it's a comfortable crew, I'll even just wear bikini buttoms + top and life vest.
Come on girls, you don't wanna ruin that tan with long board shorts!

I can't believe a female on this site actually said that. I agree, most females do you want to be sexy, but it is one thing when you are laying around the boat or on shore, but when you are riding (for that 30 minutes or so doesn't ruin tan lines)....yeah no. Maybe she doesn't ride is the only excuse I can use for that comment. Anyone else think of other reasons why she would type that??????

My lil sis (who is 15) wears the short ones and, especially, when we are wakesurfing she gets off balanced pulling the shorts down because it is important for her to look good and by comfy before she rides...wastes time, especially going and picking her up all the time, then she whines because she can't throw the rope in the boat. And we go round and round and round about it. This year, she won't be allowed to ride in the short boardshorts, I don't have the time or gas money to go through that again.

Oh well to each his own. I will stick with the comfy long boardshorts and not have to pull down the shorts everytime I get up after starting. I can actually enjoy riding rather than being sexy or cute behind the boat.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
yea im with bsflower, if shes worrying about being sexy behind the boat i highly doubt she rides hard, she probably stays in the middle of the wake and poses. Maybe she'll let go of one hand every once and a while to wave or blow a kiss.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
so if its all about looking cute and being able to tell who is who....kinda makes me wonder if you would even wear a vest...? lol
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-14-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
No sense of humor!!
So do you guys need to dress like a guy to ride like a guy?Personally I think a girl can look cute and rip it up at the same time.Why not look cute if you can?

Old                03-15-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
Wow, no wonder I've been hangin' out on the boys pages. Meeeoww...scratch..scratch. I like to rip too but every boat needs an ornament, most of my girl friends don't ride but they sure can party!
Old                03-16-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Ok, I prefer the long shorts too, but I don't think that's any reason to bash a girl who prefers short shorts. So she wants to look sexy and is comfortable riding in short shorts, or even no shorts, so what. There are so few females in this sport, at least she's out there riding, whether it's behind the boat, or trying new tricks. I would guess that maybe she's just a tad bit more girly girl than most of us on here, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2005, 10:43 PM Reply   
I am a Clothing Fashion and Design major, and I find this topic great but also a little sad in a way.

Big Ed- I do agree that the long shorts look kinda funny/odd. (But I'm not gonna hate since that is their stylistic choice)

Plenty of girls go out there to look good and tan, in addition to riding. One of my regulars that I take out tries soooo hard and loves the sport- and she rides in a thong (which I'm not gonna complain about of course). But all this girls-bashing-other-girls who do choose to ride wearing whatever they deem stylish and cute seems pretty silly.

Almost all of the girlfriends I take out usually do bikinis, no shorts... not trying to say this is the norm or anything, just what happens on my trips, and we all go big and we all have hella fun.

Don't worry about what others are wearing, just spread the wakeboarding love.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2005, 11:02 PM Reply   
Here is a fun pic I found... haha, I'm probably gonna get hated on for this.

a few of the ladies holding up their bottoms

yeah, I thought it would be funny to have a bunch of the girls take off their bottoms and take a pic... ahhh good times :-)
Old                03-18-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
you should wear whatever you like, but i just have to say, the first time you take a good ass slap in a bikini, i think you'll always wear shorts after that! also wearing long shorts does not mean you dress like a guy!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-19-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
Lol this thread cracks me up. My wife wears a bikini when we go out, she is just a begginer but has never had a problem with it, atleast not that she has talked about. I could care less if she wore a thong or long board shorts as long as she is happy and having fun. Who cares what someone else is wearing while riding? Everyone on this board are not into tearing it up some just want to go out spend time with firends or family and ride a bit.
Old                03-19-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
Look gals, I can throw a tantrum in my bikini bottoms just as easily as you can in your boyfriend's bermudas. As far as the tan, nobody seems to mind, including the guys on YOUR boat!
Don't judge my skill levels by my killer tan lines!

Thanks to all of you who support the female look.

(Start Hatin'...)

Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-21-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
It's like this...don't hate me cuz i'm beautiful!

Old                03-22-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   

This is what my kid wears wakeboarding
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-07-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Desiree, how come in your profile pic you're wearing a fullbody suit, and don't say it was cold out in just the bikini becuase you never know when that sun might appear through the clouds.
Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-09-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Ashly,

The reason I was in a full suit was because the pic was taken in Jan of this year. The water was a tad bit cold at that time. Usually though you can find me wearing board shorts and a bikini when the water is warmer.
Old                04-10-2005, 11:05 PM Reply   
Just get out and ride because you love to tear it up. Who gives a $h(t what you're wearing.
Old                04-13-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Lighten up guys, who cares what a girl prefers to wear? If she wants to wear a bikini bottom, more power to her.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-23-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
I guess if you girls feel more comfortable in guys shorts lookin like Parks...be my guest.
Old                05-23-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
A girl that rides with me yes she boards, what she does is wear her bathing suit under her board shorts when she rides she wears her board shorts when we are chillien she takes them off when she wants to work on her tann now thats the way to do it.
Old                05-24-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
Wakeside- whatever, however, boatside, less is better...

Americans are so worried about covering up, all you girls would have a different outlook if you grew up or spent a significant amount of time on the beach in Europe or South American countries like Brazil...the foreigners got it right...less is best, somehow everyone seems to have a better time that way...
Old                05-25-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Less is better, just depends what you are doing.
Old                05-25-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
When I ride I wear a rash guard to keep my vest from rubbing on me and boardshorts, when I get done with my set I take it all off! To many back roll attemps with my suit coming untied on top or to many butt checks with Delta enama!! Who cares what we chose to ride in, it's what makes us comfortable!!!
Old                05-25-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
Big Ed - Are you suggesting I dressed like a dude while on your boat???? No wonder I didn't get the invite to come back!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-25-2005, 10:58 PM Reply   
You said it right in your last post....When you are done boarding you take it all off,but you forgot that part on my boat.LOL

Ohh and yes kind of!
Old                05-26-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
Actually Big Ed, I did strip down to the bikini, the one thing I can't stand is wet board shorts and a wet rash guard, it's like sitting in a wet wetsuit! ICKY. To me it's all about comfort when I ride and down to the bikini in the boat and on the beach, I personally could give a sh*t less about what people think about what I look like while I'm riding! I at least try to look a little stylish and cute while I'm riding, but guys have you ever done a back roll in tight board shorts, or gone for a grab in tight or short board shorts? Um yeah, well when you do and you can't make the grab or the roll because you look to cute, let us chics know! What I wear behing the boat rates a lot lower than what I can DO behind the boat ... I'm not just a cruiser, I'm a ripper!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
You said ALL OFF!

I'm J\K with you!
Old                05-27-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
I did say ALL off ... huh, darn well I'm not like that ... so I strip down to the suit!!! If you want it all off, I won't go there! HA When you moving up here???
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-27-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
I definitely prefer longer boardshorts, for my own personal reasons, but not guys ones... Roxy and O'neil have some girly ones that are comfortable and cute. And I find that a lot of normal guys these days, especially if they ride, kinda like the look: bikini top & board shorts, no matter how long or short. I think that look is sexy as hell. If a guy doesn't agree with me, I'll find one who does.

Hi Teri. How are ya?

(Message edited by gypsy12 on May 27, 2005)
Old                05-27-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Tara I'm doing good lost some of my hardcore stoke to ride, but doing good and you?
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-27-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Why did you lose it? That sucks. I'll be out there this weekend... gonna be crazy I'm sure, but oh well.

I'm good. Digging the summer weather!
Making peace with all kinds of stuff in general. Must be the weather's doing.
Old                06-02-2005, 12:49 AM Reply   
I just started last year and cleared my first wake by the end of the summer... I've been an athlete my entire life and I have ENORMOUS interest in improving in this sport.... but, my prob... i have no one to ride with anymore... I need some direction... need peeps to ride with, preferably girls or men that arent crazy.. ya know? Any help out there... im from So Cal by the way
Old                07-11-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Hey, my name is jamie and i just started riding and have a really pathetic beginners question but i need some help!!! okay i'm left foot forward but on all the lakes i wakeboard on i have to be on the right side to make a turn. Well i cant figure out how to cut across the wake! anyone got any advice??? HELP ME OUT
Old                07-12-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
turn your head and look in the direction you want to go...your board will naturally turn that way and you should glide right on over....
Old                07-12-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
thanks
Old                07-12-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
I wear whatever the hell i throw on. i like the long guy boardshorts the most. i really could careless if i look sexy out there. wakeboarding is about having fun, not what you look like out on the board.
Old                07-13-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
I say where what you want. It's funny though, I am actually more comfortable in the shorter board shorts. I used to ride in just my bikini but I found out why most girls don't, the hard way. Anyways, I'm not really sure how sexy a girl can be with wet lake hair an ugly life jacket. It is all about having fun! But if a girl can have fun, tear it up, and look hot...well then more power to her. Besides all that, right on to all the girls who posted on this thread! We are climbing the ladder in this sport so keep it up...
Old                07-28-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
Ok, i'm new to this site and was just wondering who "big ed" is and is he JK or is he really that big of a perv?

On to the subject at hand. I'm a skinny little girl and i LOVE wearing dickies shorts(mens)....even out to the bar! With a cute little tank looks pimp! I've always worn the long board shorts to the lake but i found that riding in the short one's was easier for me? I was always pulling the long ones down and not concentrating on my riding. So i wear the short ones for functionablility (if thats a word? haha)
And for o'l big ed....a hot girl can still look HOT in a "long" pair of shorts!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
I'm that big of a perv!!
Old                07-29-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
Atleast your willing to admit it!!! (and your not like 50...that would be GROSS!)
Old                07-29-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
i like to wear string bikinis
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
today every girl that we saw ridin was in her bikini....nice!Tho I guess the short shorts are kind of sexy as well.
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-05-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
My opinion, it doesn't freaking matter. I wear my bikini most of the time and go just as hard as when I wear board shorts. I find shorts to be a pain...long or short they get all bunched up.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-06-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
I wear long and short boardshorts...I've gotten ripe a new a**hole to many times wearing bikini bottoms. Wendi
Old                09-10-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
hmmm, wearing bikinis and losing them when you wipe out or comfort. I am sure like me most guys would choose the bikini but I think the women I ride with prefer to keep there shorts on while boarding.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
i don't really care what people wear, or what shape they are in, or how old they are, or education and income status (guys or girls) as long as they are out there trying to ride. what i would like to see is more practically clothing for girls that ride so they don't have to wear guys stuff. i've battled this for years with soccer shoes...the selection just isn't there as our numbers are low in certain sports. but just cause i choose to do the non-traditional stuff that most women don't doesn't mean i want to be a dude or wear something pink with flowers. i'd love it if i had more options for gear...and i'm talking gear for females...if you know what i mean. girl bashing is silly though...let's all support each other regardless of whether we are out there to get a tan or to ride hard or both as even though i'm not a girly girl...i'm still a girl. but we all have our place...i ride with people who are into riding and don't care about all the rest other than having fun with a good consistant crew. what others choose to do is their business so if you are a guy and want only girls in bikinis...it seems that there are some around. now go out and ride...regardless :-).
-Kim
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-13-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I love to be sexy when I ride! I have some cute thongs that I like ride in!

I think that some girls look hot in the long shorts. If a girl is hot, she hot! Long shorts, Short shorts, no shorts. She is still hot! IMO any girl that rides is hot! Or at least it helps!
Old                09-19-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
I think girls look very nice in board shorts. I just love seeing girls who will give it a shot.