Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                02-14-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
O'brien Alta vs CWB Lotus

Has ANYONE ridden either of these boards? I've been boarding for about a year, just messing around on my friends' boards...and for using hand me downs, I've gotten pretty clean with my technique.As of now, I'm looking at stepping up my game and both of these boards seem to offer a pretty decent "step" lol. I'm a pretty aggressive rider, too. Anyone got any knowledge??? (or prefs for that matter) mucho thanx.
~andi
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-15-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
the alta is the demented board with a different graphic. the demented is the best shape ever created whether you are a pro or beginner. you should get one. also i recommend staying with continuous rockers if you opt for a diff board, until you get more advanced. good luck!!
Old                02-15-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
awesome, thanx for the advice!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-15-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
i've tried the demented and really really liked it! But now I have the LF Cadence which I love! Depends on which one suits your style. dont know about the lotus
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Obrien Atla all the way.

very fast deck and I'd like to agree with "Massive" up above when he says
"the demented is the best shape ever created whether you are a pro or beginner" and the graphic kicks ass!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-13-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
I have not ridden the Alta but I can tell you that my first priority this year was to replace my 2005 CWB Lotus 131. I haven't tried my new LF board but have a feeling it will be a much better ride than the super-heavy Lotus.
Old     (anabolicone)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-28-2006, 5:20 AM Reply   
I was planning on getting my daughter / wife the CWB Lotus 131 2006 model ... IS it really that much more heavy of a board ..
Right now its a toss up between the LF DIVA 128 and the CWB Lotus 131 ..
ANy Suggestions ?
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-28-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Okay, so I finally took out my LF board I was talking about in my previous post. LOVE IT! So much lighter and the things I was having problems with on the Lotus last year were no problem on the LF Nemesis 131. Absolutely love that board.

Keep in mind that the Lotus 131 I have is from last year (2005). They may have made some changes between years but when I went to check how heavy they were in comparison with the LF boards for this year (2006) at the local shop, they were still heavier. For some people this extra weight is no problem...for me...clearly the Lotus 131 from 2005 was not the board for me.

I'm looking forward to progressing much faster this year and am super-excited.

See if the shop will let your daughter / wife demo both boards. If this is not a possibility, perhaps someone in your area has one of those boards to try. I would steer you towards the LF boards because of my own personal experiences with both boards and how darn happy I am now that I'm not riding the Lotus. Another person might steer you the opposite way. It's really up to what feels good to your daughter / wife.

Best of luck to you.